It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan stresses Iran's nuclear right

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Japan stresses Iran's nuclear right

www.presstv.ir

Japan's Minister for Foreign Affairs Masahiko Koumura has underlined Iran has a right to acquire nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

A statement released by the Japanese Foreign Ministry Friday said that Tokyo's stance toward Tehran's nuclear program has not changed.

The statement quoted the Japanese minister as stressing Iran's right to acquire nuclear energy for civilian purposes, IRNA reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Is it just because Iran is not a member of bush's "cosy club" that he doesn't want them to have any kind of nuclear facility?

Is it just because iran won't play ball and say "how high" when bush says "jump"?

Bush keeps pretty quiet about pakistans nukes - is that because they already have them?

There is a case that says pakistan is far more unstable than iran, and yet it's OK for pakistan to have nuclear weapons, but not OK for iran to build power reactors.

It's just an excuse - he named his "axis of evil" and wants to score 2 out of 3 before leaving office, leaving his successor to try his hand with N. Korea and ensuring his place in his version of history which will no doubt portray him on a white horse, saving the world.

The real aggressor in the world is good ol' dubya, and his puppetmasters or cronies (take your pick)

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

Consider also the news from syria - it may have been a test run for an attack on iran
www.spiegel.de...

[edit on 25/4/2008 by budski]

sty

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, the trouble with Iran comes when their politicians declare almost every month that they want to wipe out another state, and the normal religious service includes (every week!) encoragements on how to hate the West and kill them. They do not act like they love peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sty
Well, the trouble with Iran comes when their politicians declare almost every month that they want to wipe out another state, and the normal religious service includes (every week!) encoragements on how to hate the West and kill them. They do not act like they love peace.

That statement could just as equally be applied to the US...and the crucial difference is that they actually HAVE made the effort to 'wipe out' other states (Iraq/Afghanistan) and have maintained the rhetoric against other nations who refuse to play ball (Syria/North Korea/Iran/etc)...and on top of that, openly armed terrorist organisations (such as the Kurdish PKK/Al-Queda/etc) whilst denouncing Iran in their alleged arms exports to Syria/Lebananon/Iraq.

And just how many envangelical pastors in the US have encouraged citizens to loathe and distrust those who follow Islam..

They, neither, act like they love peace

[edit on 25-4-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Care to provide sources for that?

It's not something I've seen.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

1) Japan is plain stupid.
2) they said peaceful/civillian and we all know that Irans program is to make nuclear weapons.

3)Japan intends too build nuclear reactors to make fuel for nuclear weapons itself and so it is openly supporting peaceful nuclear power.
4) I wonder what Japans reaction would be to the US agreeing to allow N.Korea to have nuclear reactors/weapons????????

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think they don't want Iran to have a nuke because they won't be able to threaten Iran anymore. Once Iran has nukes, they become part of the "don't mess with me or I just might nuke you" club.

Nuclear deterrence is a hell of a drug!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You are just anti American towards everything arn't you,not just Bush and co.

The US has already said that we will not worry about Russia's nuclear reactor they are building,cause we KNOW that it will be used for peaceful purposes.

Another reason Iran is so dangerous with nukes is the amount of terrorist there that would have access to them.

Bush is not the first prez. to worry about Iran.

America is NOT against peaceful energy related nuclear reactors.

America IS against nuclear reactors used for the purpose of making weapons.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

America can't stop Russia anyway, so it's irrelevant.

We can't keep sitting in the middle of issues in the middle east. Either we go full blown war with the region, or we get the heck out of there.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Fair enough....................but we are in peacful relations with most countries in the mid east.It is only a few countries that are a problem.

If the US went to "full out war"with the problematic mid east countries,we would still be bashed for it,but we would put an end to it once and for all.

What do you mean the US can't stop Russia?

Do you mean militarly?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I just mean the US and Russia will not go to war. If Russia wants to build more nukes, we can't stop them. If we couldn't during the cold war, we can't now.

But as far as the middle east, I just simply think we need to either destroy radical Islam or leave it alone. Either we kill them all, or let them die off by not giving them the attention they feed off of.

If we quit doing these "unjust" actions to them, they'll have nothing left to recruit with.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

If we quit doing these "unjust" actions to them, they'll have nothing left to recruit with.

This is very good point made by you, living here in an Islamic country (Pakistan) i can tell you, If West just does not pay much attention to radical Muslims they won't get noticed and ultimately they won't be able to recruit people for Jihad, the radical Muslims need West to criticize them to get funds and recruits

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Excellent point.............Starred,I totally agree,but I think of the two choices the US would choose total annihilation of Islam.

I think this would be backed by the Religious Richt.Due to it's fundamental want of spreading Christianity"the only way",lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Well...

Declaring once a month that you want to destroy a state... but it doesn't happen

VS

Saying you don't know about or ever will torture people... but ooops.

Empty barrels make the most noise...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Let me ask all of you though,do any of you really think we(the US)will go to a full war with Iran,or get in a nuclear conflict due to it?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Nope. We'll keep sitting right in the middle, and for no reason. Neither conservatives nor liberals are happy here. And we'll sit in the middle of our relations with this region until we get SLAMMED (probably way harder than 9/11).

Then conservatives and liberals will point fingers at each other.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Also,let me point this out,lol,what will Japan do if we step in and stop it?Japan is our ally,and even if they wern't we would defeat them in war,like we did before.They remember what happened in the summer of 45'.(Im not bragging about it,just saying...)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by budski

You are just anti American towards everything arn't you,not just Bush and co.

The US has already said that we will not worry about Russia's nuclear reactor they are building,cause we KNOW that it will be used for peaceful purposes.

Another reason Iran is so dangerous with nukes is the amount of terrorist there that would have access to them.

Bush is not the first prez. to worry about Iran.

America is NOT against peaceful energy related nuclear reactors.

America IS against nuclear reactors used for the purpose of making weapons.

You really have no idea - russia builds nukes does it not?
How are nukes a "peacefull purpose"?
And who the hell mentioned russia anyway?

The US's own intel agency's (over a dozen of them) produced an NIE that said Iran stopped trying to build nukes in 2003.

That's from your own intelligence agency's!

What did bush do?
He said he didn't believe it - based on nothing more than his own opinion and his desire to attack Iran.

The Russians are building nuclear reactors for Iran, with the proviso that all spent fuel rods are returned.

Still not good enough for shrub.

Who is the aggressor in all this?

Shrub and his gang of warmongerers.

The american people don't want war with iran - bush & co do.

If I hated the US and americans so much, why do I have so many american friends on ATS?

Perhaps if you stopped baiting and started trying to learn about the situation we could have a proper discussion.

[edit on 25/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

What do you think we will do after we get "slammed"

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Budski just pretends to be friends with me so that he can cite our friendship in examples like this!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join