It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do YOU believe in GOD???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
hmmmm. so you have different definitions for words? you like to make up your own definitions thats cool. not sure where you get yours from.

humans invented love. or the word anyway. who else confuses the meaning of love since no one else but humans knows what it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
religion and faith are two completely different things

why is this forum here?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm pissed out ma nut. Sorry, I maean something along that lines but hey alcohol is a truth drug no?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
lilblam--- can u give me sum insight/info on densities???

AND ALSO: what if JESUS CAME BACK WITH THE POWER OF GOD AND SAID: lilblam ure going 2 HELL because u do not believe in me... would U be like: o0o sh*t im sorry???

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
welp scat. you must have faith or else you dont truly believe do you? if you think god may exist you arent going to heaven son. god hates people who stradle the fence more then he does people who straight out worship the devil. see faith is connected with religion because you must have it or you do not believe in that religion. its all or nothing

[Edited on 2-26-2004 by hmmm]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
welcome to one ofmy strongest opinions hmm!

you hit it on the head.

it drives me crazy whenever people do the whole jesus route "just in case" even though they swear its not.

personally, i believe that jesus was ahuman being, not a god.

god would be more subtle than sticking some guy on the street saying I AM GOD!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
swearing is a sin so dont swear SCAT

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
OH GOD NO!!!!!!! THE SIN POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!

THEYVE GOT BIBLE CUFFS AND JESUS NIGHT STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WILL I DO?!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
hmmmm. so you have different definitions for words? you like to make up your own definitions thats cool. not sure where you get yours from.

humans invented love. or the word anyway. who else confuses the meaning of love since no one else but humans knows what it is.

Not my own, the real meaning. For example, if one day people decided that the word "baseball" will from now on mean "stupidity", I could argue that the real meaning is a little round thing you hit with a batt, and people have it terribly confused.

Words often either fade out of lexicon, or get changed in meaning... like the word GAY. It USED to be happy, but now suddely it means homosexual as well. The point is, when Jesus was referring to "faith" he was NOT referring to belief, I know that for a fact. When Christians are referring to faith, they ARE referring to it. It is the misinterpretation that makes it so confusing.

Also, "love" is indeed a human concept, but NO human can tell you really what it is.. you ask 100 people, you get 100 different answers. Here's a great news article about love....

So when Jesus and other great gurus would refer to love, it is NOT some emotional attachment that many people think it is. Oh and here's that article..
www.nypost.com...

Oh and how do I know what the real meaning is anyway? Who am I to claim such a thing? I use my brain, not my belief button.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
lilblam--- can u give me sum insight/info on densities???

AND ALSO: what if JESUS CAME BACK WITH THE POWER OF GOD AND SAID: lilblam ure going 2 HELL because u do not believe in me... would U be like: o0o sh*t im sorry???

How would you know he has the power of God anyway? If some guy came up to me and said that, I'd thank him for his kind words (in a manner of speaking) and walk away (if I could, unless he gets all violent on me).

Besides, I cannot be threatened NOR enticed to BELIEVE anything, and if such is the attempt, then it is a service to self being who basically tries to RULE you and control you, and is by no means "God". Of course this doesn't stop the being from assuming the role of God, and making everyone else think he is.

Beware of false prophets, as Jesus apparently said anyway, if ANY man ever comes and says it is Jesus, do not believe him. Jesus is NOT coming back as a human, and when he does, you'll KNOW it is him. How would you know? The same way you know that when you see the number "1" written on this paper, that it is the number "1" and not the letter "Z". If the letter "Z" came around and said it's actually the number "1" and then performed 150 kazillion miracles, would you go for it?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

that was some funny shiz

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

Now, was that really necessary, CookieMonster?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
yes, yes it was entirely necessary...this thread is too overdone, over sued, over BSed, and over the top in every way. all of these RELIGION JESUS AHHHHHh threads popping up are silly.

or at least, they should be

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Lilblam, I've met many, many people like you. Beware of professing what you see as truth as truth, for as you do so, you spread lies.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Lilblam, I've met many, many people like you. Beware of professing what you see as truth as truth, for as you do so, you spread lies.

I spread lies? Maybe... it is for you to figure out. If you thought about it and decided it's a lie, more power to ya. Thanks for the warning, however.

You're absolutely right, I do not know the truth. I may know bits and pieces of it, but so does everyone else. It would indeed be a lie to say I know the whole truth. *However*, that which I say is true, I indeed understand well enough to see the truth in it. I can explain it to a 5 year old, give an open and inquisitive mind. If a mind is closed and blocked by preconceptions, there's nothing I can do I'm afraid.

I can help only those who ask, everyone else does not ask nor wish for me to interfere with their free will, and so I do not.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

lilblam-- just wondering... what do U think is going 2 happin when U die???

Probably go to 5th density, and then recycle into a density 1 through 4.

AND what will U do IF GOD/JESUS/OR ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS GUY comes to earth to make the final judgement on EVERYONE???

Already happened, many times. Usually they end up in mental hospitals and so forth. Besides, you'd have to explain to me what you mean by "make the final judgement on everyone", as it could be interpreted in many ways. I know for a FACT that there is no God, so if something like that happens, I'll just let it happen and enjoy the show. How do I know that there is no God? I understand certain concepts etc that most people cannot get their head around, and instead hide behind religion.

There you go again... jeez, what did I do wrong in the past life to have to deal with you?

Once again lilbalm you are dissing other religons.

Yet you have no proof as to the fact if aliens are our gods you continue to fill my life with comedy.

Ya know I can't remember who it was that was on here talking about too many Cassiopeans on here with the same damn topic everytime... and you know what, he's right.

So where is your proof of no God, once again I ask this question, to the person who's head is shoved so far into some idea of "KNOWING HE'S RIGHT".

The way you sound is that you know everything... you know everyone else is wrong... they say 2 + 2 is 4 but you say, nope 2 + 2 is 22 and then you talk about why and even after that people are looking at each other asking themselves "what".

Come back later with proof you crack-pot.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by htown]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by htown

AND what will U do IF GOD/JESUS/OR ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS GUY comes to earth to make the final judgement on EVERYONE???

Already happened, many times. Usually they end up in mental hospitals and so forth. Besides, you'd have to explain to me what you mean by "make the final judgement on everyone", as it could be interpreted in many ways. I know for a FACT that there is no God, so if something like that happens, I'll just let it happen and enjoy the show. How do I know that there is no God? I understand certain concepts etc that most people cannot get their head around, and instead hide behind religion.

There you go again... jeez, what did I do wrong in the past life to have to deal with you?

Yet you have no proof as to the fact if aliens are our gods you continue to fill my life with comedy.

Ya know I can't remember who it was that was on here talking about too many Casseopeans on here with the same damn topic everytime... and you know what, he's right.

So where is your proof of no God, once again I ask this question, to the person who's head is shoved so far into some idea of "KNOWING HE'S RIGHT".

The way you sound is that you know everything... you know everyone else is wrong... they say 2 + 2 is 4 but you say, nope 2 + 2 is 22 and then you talk about why and even after that people are looking at each other asking themselves "what".

Ooooh the painful words thoust mouth speaketh! Crack-pot ya say? Does this help you make your point? If you wished to know the truth, you'd look for it. Sorry, all you want is just to argue for the sake of arguing. This isn't the same proof that you get in a symbolic logic class. For example, where is your proof that your name is (whatever it is)? Do you have any doubt that your name is something else? Is your birth certificate PROOF? Can it not be faked? Once again, does proof exist for anything at all? Or is it only proof in a relative sense, as in, perception and person-based?

Proof consists of:

Because time does not exist, therefore Creation does not exist, and therefore there is no creator God.

All religions and beliefs are service-to-self based, and service-to-self is a very limiting and ignorant concept. Those who have enough knowledge, see the senselessness and utter idiocy of a self-serving existance. Existance that is based around the sole purpose of pleasing self becomes unnecessary, and the entity moves on. The "God" that "created" religions, is obviously serving HIMSELF, is he not? And only a self-serving kind of person can ever fall for any religion at all, anyway. Where am I going with this? Well, I understand the service to others path, the fact that service to self can only exists when physicality exists. A service to self being cannot serve SELF if the self part is missing, can he? Therefore, he needs a physical body to have physical pleasure and emotional highs etc. God uses all that, and therefore, he is also physical. A jealous God cannot be service to others anyway. Jealousy IS a service to self phenomena isn't it obvious?

Anyways, like I said, knowledge and understanding of reality automatically rules out the existance of a separate creator God. UNDERSTANDING, not BELIEVING it is so. My question for you is, do you understand that 2+2 = 4, or do you believe it because your math teacher told you? What is 2+2 = 4 anyway? Please PROVE to me that 2+2 = 4.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't think you spread lies per se, but if you think you spread truth in a pure form, in the form as Ive seen from your arrogant interruptions of threads, then yes, you do spread lies.

Anyone who thinks they speak the ultimate truth spreads lies.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by htown

Ya know I can't remember who it was that was on here talking about too many Casseopeans on here with the same damn topic everytime... and you know what, he's right.

Ooooh the painful words thoust mouth speaketh! Crack-pot ya say? Does this help you make your point? If you wished to know the truth, you'd look for it. Sorry, all you want is just to argue for the sake of arguing. This isn't the same proof that you get in a symbolic logic class. For example, where is your proof that your name is (whatever it is)? Do you have any doubt that your name is something else? Is your birth certificate PROOF? Can it not be faked? Once again, does proof exist for anything at all? Or is it only proof in a relative sense, as in, perception and person-based?

Proof consists of:

Because time does not exist, therefore Creation does not exist, and therefore there is no creator God.

All religions and beliefs are service-to-self based, and service-to-self is a very limiting and ignorant concept. Those who have enough knowledge, see the senselessness and utter idiocy of a self-serving existance. Existance that is based around the sole purpose of pleasing self becomes unnecessary, and the entity moves on. The "God" that "created" religions, is obviously serving HIMSELF, is he not? And only a self-serving kind of person can ever fall for any religion at all, anyway. Where am I going with this? Well, I understand the service to others path, the fact that service to self can only exists when physicality exists. A service to self being cannot serve SELF if the self part is missing, can he? Therefore, he needs a physical body to have physical pleasure and emotional highs etc. God uses all that, and therefore, he is also physical. A jealous God cannot be service to others anyway. Jealousy IS a service to self phenomena isn't it obvious?

Anyways, like I said, knowledge and understanding of reality automatically rules out the existance of a separate creator God. UNDERSTANDING, not BELIEVING it is so. My question for you is, do you understand that 2+2 = 4, or do you believe it because your math teacher told you? What is 2+2 = 4 anyway?

I just don't appreciate you anymore because of your stupid bashing of religons... do that on your own time.

O and that also means you could be wrong too, and don't get me started on that time thing again.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
I don't think you spread lies per se, but if you think you spread truth in a pure form, in the form as Ive seen from your arrogant interruptions of threads, then yes, you do spread lies.

Anyone who thinks they speak the ultimate truth spreads lies.

Arrogant interruptions of threads? I think I speak the ultimate truth? Whoa, please don't put words in my mouth. There is no "ultimate" truth! The truth is so infinitely complex and multi-faceted, that you can ALWAYS learn more and go deeper. I am simply establishing a template, a core understanding to be able to move further and learn.

What is that template?

An open mind.
Objectivity.
No judgement, EVER, only assessment.
Use of BRAIN, not belief.
Understanding that even that which I *KNOW* is by no means the "ultimate truth" as you put it, but simply very fragmented pieces... and NEVER 100% truth, no matter how close I may think it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I just don't appreciate you anymore because of your stupid bashing of religons... do that on your own time.

O and that also means you could be wrong too, and don't get me started on that time thing again.

Never asked for "appreciation". I'm not here for your amusement.
Bashing of religions? Nah, just saying what they truly are, aka the truth about them. Please don't let denial be your motivator for arguments, but that's your choice. If I call ALL religions ignorant, is that called BASHING?

Alright, please explain what you mean by Bashing. I never called anyone an IDIOT, or a retard, or EVIL, or threatened anyone would DIE or go to HELL etc... so what's Bashing anyway?

Also, anyone could be wrong, but this doesn't mean that they are. I accept that any and all possibilities are out there, however, it doesn't mean that something indeed IS false, just because it possibly *can* be. Please tell me what IGNORANCE means to you. Then tell me what BELIEF means to you. Tell me the difference....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join