It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do YOU believe in GOD???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Why do you believe in God... there is NO PROOF that proves God's existance...a person only needs FAITH... what is this FAITH???...lilblam would problably say IGNORANCE
...i would agree with him but i AM a catholic so i BELIEVE... why do you???

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
he made me do it *points at a guy that looks like jesus*

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
without a doubt. Who lead the isrealites out of egypt and found islam. GOD!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't believe in God... at least, not the one as described in the Bible.

I've searched many years to find something that best suited my style and beliefs. And, more recently, I started to back-track the Hebrew/Judean religion. Oddly enough, they both connect to where I am, in a way.

I believe in the old Sumerian gods... the true physical beings. Anunnaki. Oannes. Gods or aliens, you decide; me, I vote for aliens.

Seems the writers of the Dead Sea Scrolls studied alot of older Chaldean texts. The Essenes (writers of the scrolls) studied various different religions, believing them all to be a part, or revelation, in understanding the concept of God.

The Chaldeans were astronomers, astrologers, and magic users. They settled and formed the city-state of Ur.

I don't like aliens. Good or evil, I will not be made a slave (one way or the other). Since we have free-will, I choose to be free. And when the 'gods' return, I'll be right there to spit in their faces.

Sorry... getting a bit carried away.

Why do I believe in God? Because of the things I can do, the things I have seen or dealth with. Memories. But you have to understand, the God you may believe in is not necessarily the same one that I believe in.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
makes more sense than macro evolution

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Why dont you believe in God?

I think alot of people believe in God because its the easy way to explain things.

I believe in God, not because its the easy way out, but because its like the wind. I cant see him but I know hes there.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
Why do you believe in God... there is NO PROOF that proves God's existance...a person only needs FAITH... what is this FAITH???...lilblam would problably say IGNORANCE
...i would agree with him but i AM a catholic so i BELIEVE... why do you???

lilblam would say belief is ignorant. He'd also mention the fact that FAITH has nothing to do with belief, but rather lack of same. He'd then skip two lines and continue on the next paragraph...

Having faith to lilblam would mean that EVERYTHING is possible until you BELIEVE otherwise. That "belief" would be due to ignorance. Having faith is not believing something, but rather refusing to believe that something is NOT possible just because it's weird or not yet done.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Why dont you believe in God?

I think alot of people believe in God because its the easy way to explain things.

I believe in God, not because its the easy way out, but because its like the wind. I cant see him but I know hes there.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

Yes but you don't feel God blowing your skirt in the air as you walk over a venting system in a busy New York street, do you!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
lilblam-- just wondering... what do U think is going 2 happin when U die???

AND what will U do IF GOD/JESUS/OR ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS GUY comes to earth to make the final judgement on EVERYONE???

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i like my life better than either going to hell or heaven...its either me and the m4 or its an upside down cross thrown at jeebus's face hurry up choose

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
For a moment there, I thought I'd be the one being fingered... umm... that don't sound right...

*ahem*

For a moment there, I thouht I'd be the one being singled out. Yeah, that sounds better!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that was some funny shiz

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I believe in God simply because certain things have happened to me that I can simply not explain any other way

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i mean you fell down and scraped your knee BIG DEAL it happens when you trip over something if you didnt know that *nods head like your retarded*

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
lol, actually the events that led me to believe in God didn't involve any "magical healing" type crap

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
and hmmm would say lilblam is ignorant.

quote from dictionary.com: "Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. or "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence"

faith is believing in something no matter what. also belief is a synonym of faith so they are kinda connected there.

personally i dont know what to believe. nothing seems to fit to me. to totally think something is impossible that hasnt been proved impossible is dumb i think. anything is possible until proven impossible. also i would rather have faith in something and feel like i'm going to go to heaven after i die instead of always wondering what the hell is going on.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I used to be an atheist.

I could give you good reason; but I'd rather you found out for yourself. As cheap an excuse as you may think that is.

I say only this,

Try asking, Sincerely asking.

If you haven't felt pain, you've got no chance.

I say you've got no chance because you need a option.

Suck my balls instead.

Whatever's the least offensive.

Not offensive at all? You're getting the point!

You can still suck my balls, and I'll still believe in God.

And I'd Still # your mother up the #ing # with a chainsaw if you #ed with me you cock sucking ass licking excuse for a living amoba.

Wow, I can still say that # and belive in God? maybe I dont have to be a mother#ing Zombie after all?

Whatever you like. I don't give a # what you do. All the more room...

DON'T ADHERE TO ANY RELIGION!!!
DON'T ADHERE TO ANY RELIGION!!!!

That, is the most important message of all.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
lilblam-- just wondering... what do U think is going 2 happin when U die???

Probably go to 5th density, and then recycle into a density 1 through 4.

AND what will U do IF GOD/JESUS/OR ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS GUY comes to earth to make the final judgement on EVERYONE???

Already happened, many times. Usually they end up in mental hospitals and so forth. Besides, you'd have to explain to me what you mean by "make the final judgement on everyone", as it could be interpreted in many ways. I know for a FACT that there is no God, so if something like that happens, I'll just let it happen and enjoy the show. How do I know that there is no God? I understand certain concepts etc that most people cannot get their head around, and instead hide behind religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
and hmmm would say lilblam is ignorant.

quote from dictionary.com: "Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. or "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence"

faith is believing in something no matter what. also belief is a synonym of faith so they are kinda connected there.

personally i dont know what to believe. nothing seems to fit to me. to totally think something is impossible that hasnt been proved impossible is dumb i think. anything is possible until proven impossible. also i would rather have faith in something and feel like i'm going to go to heaven after i die instead of always wondering what the hell is going on.

I'm not talking about the corrupted, altered propaganda type dictionary definition for faith that religions have established.

Same goes for the term "love", as most humans horribly confuse the meaning.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
I used to be an atheist.

I could give you good reason; but I'd rather you found out for yourself. As cheap an excuse as you may think that is.

I say only this,

Try asking, Sincerely asking.

If you haven't felt pain, you've got no chance.

I say you've got no chance because you need a option.

Suck my balls instead.

Whatever's the least offensive.

Not offensive at all? You're getting the point!

You can still suck my balls, and I'll still believe in God.

And I'd Still # your mother up the #ing # with a chainsaw if you #ed with me you cock sucking ass licking excuse for a living amoba.

Wow, I can still say that # and belive in God? maybe I dont have to be a mother#ing Zombie after all?

Whatever you like. I don't give a # what you do. All the more room...

DON'T ADHERE TO ANY RELIGION!!!
DON'T ADHERE TO ANY RELIGION!!!!

That, is the most important message of all.

you suck if you dont celebrate christmas

you get free stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join