It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who I am, Why I'm here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
---Thank you wil, I appreciate the kind words and advice.

---As for Sylvie, who keeps posting with some apparent innate dislike for me, I have nothing to say but each to their own. I do not realize where this hostility comes from, perhaps a bad experience yourself, or some unrealized goals? All I have done is come here asking for help and insight, never once have I professed to know anything sans mythology and folklore, and those only on a casual level. I have not made reference to teaching anyone anything, nor do I intend to. As far as my questions go, they are honest inquiries concerning things which others have far more experience in, and therefore I seek their council. The reason I asked about the third eye feeling is that in my readings so far, it sounded to me like I was doing too much too fast, and feared I would end up with migraines or the like, therefore I sought council. I claim no "superpowers", and if you do your research, you would find that having said feeling is merely par for the course. So I believe you would be doing everyone, including yourself a favor, if you could try to add some constructive criticisms, or maybe some insights; because if all you intend is to troll around and try to brow beat and insinuate things about people you have never met, and more than likely never will, then I think that says more about you as a person, than anything my "self-aggrandizing" writing style could ever convey. I don't intend this as mean spirited, however, I reached out for help in good faith, and frankly, the more I read your post, the more you sound like a bitter blowhard who would rather tear others down to your level, rather than help others and thereby perhaps help yourself. I'm sure you will have a dry, angry response to this, but if you could, once you have vented, do us a favor and stir things somewhere else.

---To all who have U2U'd me- I am working to make enough meaningful posts to be able to reply to you, I am not ignoring, I would just rather not spam to get to the quota, and as I am searching myself, I don't have all that much to say, in the context of starting new threads and the like. I am however searching for the music threads mentioned earlier, as I do have a great love for it.

Also next post, I vow to use the text formatting and color features, to hopefully make my long winded stream of thought posts a tad bit more palatable.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by TheDragon]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Michael, Sylvie is not entirely in left field with her comments. In your OP you state

vampirism is a very fine way to manipulate others and establish yourself as the alpha dog. Your victim will often open up to you, as they feel an immediate bond. They will often see you as their superior, as somewhere in their being they are aware of what's taking place and they realize that they're helpless to stop you. Those who are your superiors in other areas of life will often develop a respect for you that they might not fully understand."

This describes me to a T. However, to consider myself some sort of energy vampire is not something I believe I can accept so easily.

First you raise the notion that you are someone who can have extraordinary capabilities, but then say, but "oh no, thats not me". It comes across as manipulation. The notion once planted, is not so easy to get rid of, and you know that.

You speak in places of having something inside of you that you feel needs expression, and elsewhere that you feel you should be doing something, but are not sure what. I would agree that you have some unique gifts that you should share with the world, even if they are not super-human, demonic or god like. Almost everyone here has responded positively to your writing, for example, which is special. It has a cadence that reminds me a bit of the way Paramahamsa speaks. It is soothing in a way like rolling waves. This is a special gift and may be a partial answer to what you do, and where you go with your creativity and insights.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
---I believe my use of that quote has been misunderstood. It was just something I threw in, in more of a "this sounds like me" way than a "look, I can do this" sort of way. I'm not sure where I insinuated I had some sort of abilities, short of a flowery penmanship. In retrospect, however, I do see what you mean, and next time I plan to look more thoroughly at any quotes I use, and the context in which I use them.

--So to Sylvie or anyone else who I may have gave the wrong impression to, or inadvertently offended, I do apologize.

--I do however, appreciate the writing complements, I have always wanted to write, but I attended a business college for a few semesters in my youth, and am now in the process of paying of my loans so that I can attend a institute more akin to something I would enjoy doing.

---And so, in summation, I have no powers, nor can I do anything that couldn't be accomplished with a few monkeys and alot of patience. Although, I would still like some help in pointing me in the right direction spiritually, which, you can read in my "OP", is all I've ever been asking for.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, I'm off to the wilderness. I'll be returning in a couple of days, I wish you all good tidings and safety till I return. Then, anything goes 8).

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Michael, have you ever thought what is going to happen after you die?. I have been thinking a lot on this point lately. Look to God, some people may think its stupid but its the only religion thats entirely true and if you follow it you'll have eternity in heaven. Think about going to a church retreat in the summer if you can. It had me saved. I remember sundays when i didnt want to go to church but my parents made me and i did. When i got to church and worshipped i felt really good and hated myself for not wanting to go.

Keep living and seek god man. It helped me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join