It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis See Red as US Opens World's Biggest Embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Iraqis See Red as US Opens World's Biggest Embassy

www.commondreams.org

BAGHDAD - For the average American who will never see it, the new US Embassy in Baghdad may be little more than the Big Dig of the Tigris.

“It is a symbol of occupation for the Iraqi people, that is all,” says Anouar, a Baghdad graduate student who thought it was risk enough to give her first name. “We see the size of this embassy and we think we will be part of the American plan for our country and our region for many, many years.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
$1 billion a year to operate

The $740 million compound - expected to cost more than $1 billion a year to operate - was originally expected to cost $600 million to build and was to open in September 2007. Design changes and faulty construction caused repeated delays.

A new command and control center like Pentagon in Middle East? Till today they have spend around 3 Trillion Dollars in the name of invasion and occupation. This building clearly shows that this has no end and they don't care about what anyone else think about what they do.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wow $1 Billion a year...

What a complete waste of money.. Oh well, wont be long before it gets blown up.... Just imagine what else they could have done with that amount of money...

When are they going to learn there lesson....?...>

>....Never

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Wow, that's some imperial palace,um, I mean strategic command centre for the Iran war, whoops my bad, I mean embassy.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So, so GROSS!
looks more like a prison than anything else. those tiny little box windows speak volumes.
a monument to everything that is wrong with America the war and the occupation
the Iraqis are not stupid

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Raise your hand if you care more for the Iraqis then you do for the troops fighting to protect them.

ANYONE?

I forgot. Everyone believes that the US is the root of all evil and the Iraqis are being occupied by Stormtrooper armies.

top topics

join