It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Dr. Steven Greer paid to lie...?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Whats the name of the DVD? I can't see it on the site!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Go to www.ufocongressstore.com and click on Dr. Steven Greer.

There should be six of them that come up.

The ones I ordered were "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" and "CSETI Contact".

But now it looks like I'll have to order them AGAIN..... sigh

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I will have a look ... If my wife agrees then we will buy one.

I agree ... in this case this stuff needs to be checked.

Surely someone has bought a copy.

Maybe this needs it's own thread?

I will check store first ... then report back.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just because your mind can not percieve such things doesn't make them unreal. There is a psychic consciousness connection. The trouble with that topic is that around 20% of people are on to something awesome while 80% are just mentally masterbating themselves. You have to introduce your own checks and ballances system and hope for the best.

It only makes sense that Steve would move closer to "the truth" of the connections with the UFOs and Aliens. It is funny how this does make him seem less credible to the majority of people.

However judging from what I know and what I've heard from him lately, he's trying to stay objective in uncharted waters.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by N3V3RM1ND

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why is it that a religious person can pray to a "GOD" without speaking.. and others accept that they are heard and helped or not depending on what is "gods will" but if someone says they can communicate with an alien in the same manner.. it is preposterous and often seen so by the same people who claim the same type of communication with their "god"

I find it all ironic.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Excellent reasoning NephraTari, I have come to the same conclusion.

Often when people think they are communicating with "God" or "The Gods" with their prayers or meditations, they may really be reaching spirits, ETs, interdimensional beings, etc etc.....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Was Dr. Steven Greer paid to lie...?

If he was, he wasn't paid enough obviously, as he continues with money-making shennanigans, hehe...

My personal belief is that Dr. Greer simply got too sucked in, and was too willing to believe every thing that came down the pike. Before long, he was waving crystals and howling at the moon in a woodland retreat. I think he simply went so far down the rabbit hole that he no longer could see the daylight....

The government has no need for "paid disinfo agents".... the established air of ridicule and those in UFOlogy typically do a well enough job all on their own.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I know this thread is old. But I could not help myself. I had come to believe the same about Greer. He definitely made a 180degree turn.

Among the UFO community there are those who want to believe and those who want to FIND OUT. I'd say that by and large, frequent visitors of ATS want to find out, not merely believe. And those who want to believe will fall for a lot of BS and buy books and act all loony. but those who want to find out carefully scrutinize all the data that they come about, and are often very educated individuals who simply cannot stand the idea of a puzzle that can't be solved. I know the type, cause I am one. The kind of person who learns everything they can about as many subjects as possible, and who makes a great effort to reject anything that does not fit.

It would make absolutely perfect sense for those who want to keep this secret to either pay Greer to act loony or to threaten his life if he does not begin to act that way... or both. That would surely turn away people like me from listening to him any further. And it does work.

Yes, it is a theory. Can we look into his tax records? aren't those public? maybe he's got a new car or house? anything to point to a large sum of money?

-rr

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Even if all the consciousness stuff was true, the problem that I see with it is that it involves subjective experience. And subjective experience cannot be shared with other people. Because it cannot be shared, it remains in the realm of debate. If somebody told you they can speak with god, and you had trouble believing them, then they could go on the radio, sell a book, or whatever, but still, they could not provide you with the experience that brought about their conviction. And you would be left to wonder what can make a person perceive something subjectively that you (and most everyone else) can't. This is indistinguishable from a delusional state from the point of view of the "other" persons.

Evidence of UFO's or extraterrestrial activity, on the other hand would have to exist in the objective physical world if it was something we could talk about and come to an agreement. So if one were to find evidence about it, or eyewitness testimony, at least it would be something most people could "relate to" in that they could imagine what they would feel if presented with the same objective reality. We can all at the very least imagine what it would take to become 100% convinced, it would take a personal sighting or experience, the experience would likely be "visual" or it could involve gaining access to a material object of ET origin, simple as that. So clearly (at least to me) there is a dividing line between the world of the "subjective" stuff (consciousness, meditation and so on) and the world of the objective, and this dividing line presents a difficulty if one's goal is to spread a believable message or at least a starting point for others to investigate.

Again, I don't mean to bash the whole consciousness stuff, I personally meditate on a regular basis in fact. But it's just not something that lends itself to be demonstrated to others. If I'm wrong about that, I'd welcome a demonstration

-rr

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

I get so sick of all the whingers and whiners out there who do nothing but snipe at people who bother to give a dam and do something about it. Feel free to disagree with his opinions, but do everyone the courtesy of understanding where he is coming from.

His last book traces his personal path of experiences and involvement. He has put up with far more ridicule and criticism from people than he deserves.

Here's an idea for people who want to "do something" about it.
Kerry Cassidy and Bill Ryan run the website "Project Camelot" and have a page where you can suggest future interviews. I wrote them and suggested an interview with both Dr. Greer and David Adair who built a light speed rocket in his teens.

There seems to be some bad blood between the two of them these days but they would BOTH make GREAT interviews. Being interviewed together would be even better if that was possible.

If enough people from ATS write Project Camelot requesting either an audio or video interview with Dr. Greer I'm sure Bill & Kerry would do their best to make it happen.

Ask Bill & Kerry to interview Dr. Greer

Let's give it a shot ! Feel free to suggest questions for Bill & Kerry to ask Dr. Greer.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by Rek2008]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Editing here to add, if I could call down alien beings in alien crafts at will with my thoughts, I'd be doing it 24/7 and inviting any and all who wanted to show up, with NO charge.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

He does'nt just pocket the money and go crazy with it. The reason it costs money for the ambassador training and such, is for the technological research, and other extremely important expenses. These people in charge of specific researches, and in charge of the training exercises, especially Steven Greer, are all normal people with normal jobs and normal families, who also have normal expenses like food, housing, clothing, and taxes. I would like to imagine it's not cheap to develope zero-point energy technologies, ARV's, and other limitless energy crazy # that i can't even comprehend.

- The sheer amount of information that Steven Greer knows, and elogantly presents, is proof enough that this guy is serious #, and if he says he can call down aliens with consciousness, i believe him. If he says he can make an engine with bubble gum, a quetip, and a rubberband, i would'nt doubt him. Now dont get me wrong, i'd be like.. HOLY # an engine made with bubble gum, a quetip, and a rubberband! That's Amazing! (My point it, just because you can't fathom it, doesnt mean its not possible. Just because you think summoning aliens with your consciousness is absolutely absurd, doesnt mean Steven Mother #ing Greer can't do it.)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think just because we can't wrap our logical 3rd dimensional pre-conditioned minds around things (i.e., summoning aliens etc) doesn't mean an automatic demisal of sorts.

I think at the end....when we finally figure things out (be it here or after we pass on....) the truth and alter-realities are likely to scare the bejesus out of us!

I'll give you a small example.
There are countless people who claim they've been abducted. Okay, that in itself is hard to imagine (not to me though.....) however....they further claim they've gone through walls/ceilings/windows/cars etc. Our present science nor brain does nott allow for that to happen. So? Now what? They're ALL lying? I doubt it.

So again.....the strangest and perhaps, hardest things to imagine will probably turn out, to be very real!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Im still of the belief that Greer's earlier work was genuine and sincere - However, as time went on he got off track and jumped the shark.

That moth debacle is.........................

[edit on 18-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3V3RM1ND
The things he was saying called into question his credibility and even SANITY, I thought.

Like, how he and another group of people would all gather up in the mountains and call down aliens from the skies though "consciousness".

I can't help but think how he sounds like my best friend who died this spring jumping off a tower. He used to sound very objective and convincing talking about the ufo's. Then he didn't sort care about that anymore, and even went to say the beings in the movie Avatar are real and live on some other planet.. You get my point.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by logan021090
These people in charge of specific researches, and in charge of the training exercises, especially Steven Greer, are all normal people with normal jobs and normal families, who also have normal expenses like food, housing, clothing, and taxes. I would like to imagine it's not cheap to develope zero-point energy technologies, ARV's, and other limitless energy crazy # that i can't even comprehend.

You can "comprehend" moths and insects, can't you? Because that's what Greer charges you $1000 to see. And then he takes a photo of one and tries to pass it off as a "extraterrestrial light being"...

I don't know who's the bigger moron - Greer himself, or people who buy and swallow his nonsense.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
See the link in my sig.

We now have an independent witness, James Gilliland, saying that Greer and CSETI vectored in "countless" ships at Gilliland's ranch
Go figure?

-----
Did they use flashlights to vector those ships in, or have they graduated to lasers by now?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
He must be the same as everyone else that know nothing.
Except all the associated Illuminati know that spreading
ignorance around is worth the money as propaganda that
will continue their way of life.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm a frequent watcher of tv programmes such as 'the real hustle' in this show they explain how con men and scammers work, how their decoys distract you and how they 'want to seperate you' from your belongings.

In this case it would appear to be money driven. I first saw the disclosure Project video on Youtube a couple of years ago. I saw the links to the sites and followed it on from there.

I've never given money to the disclosure Project, i've never bought the dvds. The idea of having 200+ testemonies from such valuable sources and coming out making bold claims to have undeniable proof and then charging to see that proof to me sounds like a scam. Why do we have to pay $20 to see it?

Something here definately doesn't add up. He's lobbying the public for funding because the government have with held the fact we have 0 point energy and no need for fossil fuels. he's got proof of all of this, yet he charges us to see it?

Whats to stop him becoming a director in his own right, and publishing each testimony via video link to a website?
Think of it this way, he used to have a job and gave it all up to bring the truth out to the public. By taking nearly 9 years to actually bring us the truth the one time he has evidence he asks everyone to fund him to do these conferences?

Flying all over the world to lots of different places and holding talks, in aircraft, which pollute the earth.. using the fossil fuels that he says we dont need anymore... Putting the evidence online on his own site to view for free would cost the funders less money, it would give the public what they want to see and he wouldnt be damaging the environment by flying all over the world.

I did think at first when watching the disclosure project on Youtube that it was strange the National Press Club covered this but I dont EVER remember it being on BBC or ITN?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join