It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If zombies were real...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Imagine a world were the dead come to life to hunt the living during the night. They are slow and stupid but in great numbers and incredibly strong. One of them breaks into your home... kills your family in their sleep and then goes after you.

You wake from your sleep to the door slamming open only to find a blood thirsty zombie slowly walking toward you.

This senario has been haunting me and I'm curiouse what the hell does someone do if that happens?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If recent documentaries are correct then the best thing to remember is:

... the attackers can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If it is the classic style zombie, decapitation and fire will be more than enough to stop the zombie.

Some legends have it that even decapitation won't work, as the body pieces can move independently of one another, so fire is the only option.

Just remember, zombies are super strong, so stay out of their reach.

(Of course this is all hypothetical, as there is no proof of zombies.)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have thought about it, they would

A, Burn themselves apart, thru not being regulated with blood an water....
B, Break Every bone in their body from walking without any supplements
C, Their brain would Not allow electrical impuses to reach needed areas resulting in Non movement...
D, How do you battle Gravity without a Brain to say lean to the left no no the right!
3, Zombies dont pay taxes.... lol Well they did..
7, What would stop them from eating each other an themselves..... I mean they crave Flesh an brain, without a brain or living one, wouldnt they eat themselves.

I dunno Ive always had these Misunderstanding with zombies.... If they were real they'd be as easy to get rid of as denying ignorance. I mean without blood properly pumping thru your body your body dies, an falls apart, you could beat these things down with a nerf bat.

still if walking dead folks started roaming the world, Im living in the trees, with a series of Excercise and thought tests to get to my tree fort.

Test one, What is your favorite color. ( Red, No Blue, No Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeen..................)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
here is a 10 pager on the subject.
This should answer all questions.
ZOMBIES!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Your scenario is flawed from the very beginning as far as I'm concerned.

If zombies were real they would have never killed my family. My high level of zombie preparedness would enable me to protect my family and dispatch the zombie attackers quite easily.

So...ya know....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Zombies....pshhhh

i would say that you should go to town on them with a hammer, and make that your specialty when killing zombies, because nothings cooler then beating a zombie to death with a hammer....but hey that's just my opinion

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
thats weird, i had a dream last night that involved zombies.
I can remember being in a shopping center or something and their were security gaurds taking people to a safe place, and i said are they all normal and he said "i dunno"
So i decided to find my own place, it was fairly vivid

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Your scenario is flawed from the very beginning as far as I'm concerned.

If zombies were real they would have never killed my family. My high level of zombie preparedness would enable me to protect my family and dispatch the zombie attackers quite easily.

So...ya know....

I'm talkin about the real life zombie senario not the movie senario were there just happens to be a loaded magnum hanging on the wall at your disposal.

Let's pretend there are no guns or flame throwers lying around then what do you use? A butter knife?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

"Just remember, zombies are super strong, so stay out of their reach
Zombies are slow, walking corpses. Since when did they have super strength ?

And to the OP. A zombie would not be able to enter most homes in my country. I don't know where you're from but we have locks on our doors

If the zombie WAS a the in my house and entered my bedroom, I would grab my ashtray and smack its head with it. If this doesn't work I'd grab my curtain rail. Its 2 wooden poles about 3 foot in length. Or even my homemade knuckleduster. Its just a metal ring that I can place around 4 of my fingers when I clench my fist. I have witnessed someone being punched with something similar ( a bull ring- ring from a bulls nose). [I even improvised one day and made a knuckle duster out of bolts and square nut type things].

And even though it is Scotland, my grandfather has 2 single barrel shotguns. So I guess I would head there. Or the local police station as they have guns which owners store in special lockers in a safe room.

I once saw a large bag of mixed shells. Green Red and Orange ones. So I got the chance to choose!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I won't lie but if there can't be guns I don't want to play. I sleep with a glock 21 .45 and some mags that can be used in a coupld seconds. I also have a 1862 model funcitonal cavalry sword inches from my head. Needless to say this first zombie is dead. I would then go around killing every zombie I saw until either

1: The local outbreak was end

2: I ran out of energy and was over run by zeds

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My first thought was to play "Thriller" over speakers and hope they started dancing. For those zombies old enough to remember 1983-84, they might still remember those moves. Might buy you some time if you looped the song.

Otherwise, I'd go with the boomstick method of dealing with them.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There's a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide" which has brilliant descriptions on what to do in this very case.

If you were at home and zombies broke in (regardless of how) they recommend that the first thing you do is take out your stairs leading to your bedroom if you live in a two story home. The zombies won;t be able to get to you that way. If your in a one story home, make sure your windows and doors are locked, and if you had any prior warning; boarded. if not, climb onto your roof, or get into an attic and kick away the latter, they won't be able to make it up.

They say that flames are actually BAD for fighting zombies as the fire has to take several seconds to burn its way to the nervous system, and until that point now you have the walking dead, on fire, still coming at you. They also say that guns are good, but only for the short term. 50 zombies, 30 shells, SOL.

As you can probably out run, and using humanity's only natural defense mechanism, your intelligence, you should be able to out run/wit the walking dead. so the only thing you would really need is something that could destroy the brain if they got too close. A sledge hammer would work, one hit, and it's not standing back up, but its heavy and awkward to use if your not strong. An ax is a better option, even dulled it can be used to destroy the head.

Despite lore and movies, zombies are only as strong as the person that they were. Thus a 400lb rotting bodybuilder is stronger then a 130lb computer programmer. They're dangerous in that now they have no intellect, no sense of self preservation, no feelings of pain, and have reverted to basic animal instinct. They are more often then not pack hunters, being too slow to run down their prey, they would use numbers to feed. Strategically, if its you versus a horde of say... 50, run into a tight ally way and hold your ground, in close quarters their numbers mean nothing, and they all but line up for you to hack/shoot/blow them up to all hell. That is if you can't out run them first.

Thats what I know about defending against zombies, and you should defiantly check out that book.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

we already have a thread about this with quite a few responses....

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
All i can do is laugh at all these posts

My mate seems to think it is possible for zombies to be real,

he thinks that there is a substance called silenium or something and that it turns the body or organism into a living organ which needs red blood cells to survive...

I personaly do not believe his theory and it is too farfetched!

I asked him where he got his source from and he didnt tell me haha!

I'm wondering if it was off a resident eveil or dawn of the dead film

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
yes, as stated above the two max brooks books the zombie survival guide and world war z might be good reading for you really entertaining at the very least.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
wanna know something scary.... it isnt too far fetched....

an the people who might create this would be a make up company...
in their quest for rejuvenating skin cream they start using stem cells.... yeah think about that. this could already be going on, humans are greedy lil buggers its wired into us that way to survive, but what happens when you just need to exist an not survive, then you become greedy for no reason.

Skin cream.... revitalizer... lol duck an cover. dont forget your wallybat

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Imagine a world were the dead come to life to hunt the living during the night. They are slow and stupid but in great numbers and incredibly strong. One of them breaks into your home... kills your family in their sleep and then goes after you.

You wake from your sleep to the door slamming open only to find a blood thirsty zombie slowly walking toward you.

This senario has been haunting me and I'm curiouse what the hell does someone do if that happens?

Thats something out of a horror movie!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
well i'd reach for my katana

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dar Kuma
thats weird, i had a dream last night that involved zombies.
I can remember being in a shopping center or something and their were security gaurds taking people to a safe place, and i said are they all normal and he said "i dunno"
So i decided to find my own place, it was fairly vivid

stop playing so much dead rising for the Xbox 360.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join