It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New superweapon (with videos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The new generation stealth missiles

It speeds off at 900 km\h (560 mph), goes between islands, mountains, valleys etc, and is invicible to radar. The newly developed norwegian missile NSM (Naval Strike Missile) is the worlds most advanced seatarget-missile

The missile is a 4 meter (13.1 feet) long unmanned jetplane and is identified as the worlds clearly most advanced seatarget-missile.

It is developed by Kongsberg defence & aerospace, and there they say that the missile can sink each and every modern warship. They say the NSM means a revolution for sea-based warfare, and that the missile has a technical finess to make it more precise the weapons currently used.

www.kongsberg.com.../ENG/KDA/Products/Missiles/NavalxStrikexMissile&id=32934
(go to NSM down on the page)

It is equipped with an infrared sensor to recognise the target in complete darkness or bad weather.

It has the ability to surpass the defence of modern warships. It has among other things been equipped with radarjamming and protection against EMP. It also has built in maps to secure that it reaches the target on its own. It has stealth abilities to make it invicible on radar.

They are currently developing a similar missile to be used on fighter airplanes.

New ships

This is one of the things that has come as a result of the gigantic renewal of the norwegian navy. The new frigates and corvettes Norway aquired has seen to it that the navy has the most modern warships to be found on the world seas. These ships will be equipped with the missile to make them present great military power.

VIDEO: www1.nrk.no...

The new, norwegian ships has a hull that takes the breath away from the american navy. Projectiles launched at the hull bounced off, leaving the hull intact and almost undamaged. See for your self:

VIDEO: www1.nrk.no...

The hull weighs almost nothing, and can withstand huge power. The ships has enormous engine-power (that of 2 passangr airplanes), which makes them the worlds fastest warships.

SPEED: www1.nrk.no...

And in case you were wondering, yes they also use technologies that are secret. The ships are also almost invisible to radar.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Daniem]

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i would definitly hate to see that thing coming at me. how much damage does this thing do?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ahh yes the longboats are coming back! The new era of vikings raids is about to begin. They may well have superior technology, but I doubt they could stop themselves from being annihilated come WWIII.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
so wot makes this a superweapon i looks lik just a new gen of cruise missile

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The United States has had Stealth Tomahawk variants since 2000. There speed is much Higher however at 1200 miles or nearly 2000 kph. They have had stealth ship and submarine since the early nineties. see:
en.wikipedia.org...
Not to burst your bubble, I'm sure it's very cute.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Those boats are mean as hell, stealthy and well armed, and add to the mix the new anti ship missiles / land attack kit its a formidable weapons system.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't see how the missile can be stealth since there does not seem to be any 'masking' of the heat signature.

top topics

join