It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's UN ambassador calls Jimmy Carter 'a bigot'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Israel's UN ambassador calls Jimmy Carter 'a bigot'

news.yahoo.com

Israel's ambassador to the United Nations on Thursday called former President Jimmy Carter "a bigot" for meeting with the leader of the militant Hamas movement in Syria.

Carter, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, "went to the region with soiled hands and came back with bloody hands after shaking the hand of Khaled Mashaal, the leader of Hamas," Ambassador Dan Gillerman told a luncheon briefing for reporters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Video: If Americans Knew What Israel Is Doing! Video Was Censored!
Jimmy Carter to Meet Hamas
Hamas open to peace with Israel, Carter says.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Dan you for real? How does a meeting with Hamas make someone a bigot? That's like saying not supporting Israel makes someone anti-semitic. That's simply untrue.

I am disgusted by Israel's actions, especially their foreign policy, but I have no problem with the Jewish people. To call me an anti-semite would be completely ridiculous, but I've definitely been called worse.

I'd say its pretty bigoted to treat the Palestinians as second or third class citizens, but you won't see many Israeli politicians say anything bad about their country.

Imperialism at its best. Thanks Israel for another classic statement. You'd think a genocide on your Palestinian neighbors would be enough reasons to shut the hell up, but I guess not. You still have to hold the holocaust over everyone's heads.

Let me be very clear. Israel DOES NOT equal Judaism. Judaism DOES NOT equal Israel.

He said it was "a shame" to see Carter, who had done "good things" as a former president, "turn into what I believe to be a bigot."

Right. And its not bigotry when Israel bulldozes Palestinian homes and blockades the Gaza strip and starves thousands of people.

Douche bags.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm tired of Israel. Absolutely tired of them. They don't exist without us Western nations.

As far as I'm concerned: Israel needs to just shut it's mouth and go for the ride.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Israel's puppet (the US) seems to have a great deal of power in the world today. I would like to see Israel get their hand out of our pockets.

What's sad is that as soon as someone wants to cut Israel's spending or even so much as says something bad about their leaders, they're automatically labeled an anti-semite.

I'm sorry, but god did not promise Israel anything. The bible is a fraud. God did not write it. End of story.

No divine state of Israel promised to the Jews, and if that was the case, god didn't help out because the UN created Israel after world war 2.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Say what you will about Jimmy Carter, I know some did not care for the way he ran things in office. But a bigot?!?! The guy has done some pretty good things for people in general and to call this man a bigot is B.S. So, is this how we can expect Israel to look upon us should we not blindly stand behind them? I wish we would get out of bed with Israel personally but that is a long, heavily debated topic and I don't want to go into it. Long story short I hope Carter gets a formal apology for this crap this "Ambassador" spewed.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What a joke.

Carter has been taking all sorts of sh** from the Whitehouse over his meeting with Hamas. The guy is trying to see if he can negotiate some sort of peace! Just because it doesn't fit in with Israel's and this bloodthirsty admin's "bomb and shoot first, ask question's later" agendas, they try to crucify him.

Good find biggie, starred and flagged!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
all Hamas really wants is for Israel to get out of their lands and stop killing their people, from what I surmise ifamericansknew
Im not a racist but you gotta be blind not to see that the zionists that own most of the worlds money supply are after a central bank in Iran.
Im not a holocaust denier, but I do believe that the Holocaust was another ''9/11''
Yes people died, horrific deaths, but I believe that it was to scare most jews to move to Israel, so that the Zionists could have a military state in the middle east. That way their acquisition of the money supply could be more tangible.

Jimmy Carter is doing some great things, and for the UN dude to call him a bigot just confirms that the Zionists planned the holocaust, so that anyone who did stumble on the truth would be labeled a bigot, anti-semite, racist et c.

Most people don't understand the difference between zionism and judaism...

The Palestinians just want their land back and want to stop being treated like crap. Why would they offer a truce?

If you popped out of a vagina in the middle east and some zionists took your land and killed your family, and then portrayed your people as terrorists, wouldn't you be a little ticked off? I know I would be

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Dosent israeli mean bigoted in hebrew, you would certainly think so. the statement from the israeli ambassador should go into the dictionary as the defining case of the pot calling the kettle black.

That such high level israeli diplomat was allowed to make such a farcical and ignorant statement indicates that there is zero hope of any resolution of this middle east conflict,

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
"Oy vey! A thread full of anti-semites!!" -- I can hear them all screaming now

I've been keeping tabs on alot of the hypocritical, double-standard BS that so often goes hand in hand with 'these people' -- it is absolutley ridiculous that we tollerate it, but that's what happens when they control our government. The Daily Mid-East Mess

An unpopular, yet truthful, radio host I listen to suggested in his last show that our Gov't is being blackmailed/held hostage by these Jews/Zionists/Israelis -- sorry to include them all, but it is all a haze and difficult to differentiate between those listed (all by design, imo). He even went as far to suggest the possibility of a nuke in their embassy in NY -- this is based on a supposed air 'search' done with detectors, for regularly occurring levels of radiation thruout the city. As he noted, one would expect things such as hospitals, naturally occurring radon, etc... to show up. But -- supposedly, according to him, the Israeli Embassy was also detected as a source. What would cause that?
It's just a thought.

I'll leave that 'host' anonymous here, as he has no listed sources for any of this info, but I'm sure you can find who I mean if you check my threads.

[edit on 4/25/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Carter a bigot?

Not surprising this came from such a hypocrite as Mr. Gillerman who has been known himself to have made a few bigoted (if not simply counterproductive) remarks himself.

During a luncheon speech yesterday at the convention center, Daniel Gillerman, the Israeli ambassador to the United Nations, shouted a barnyard obscenity involving a bull when he dismissed the theory that Iran and Hamas might soften their anti-Israel views. The audience gave Gillerman a standing ovation.

"While it may be true -- and probably is -- that not all Muslims are terrorists, it also happens to be true that nearly all terrorists are Muslim."
WashPost

He doesn't want peace he wants war. At least Carter is trying.
Of course that is not what some people want to be done.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That was well said.

top topics

join