It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you hear the one about the Priest and the Hellium Balloons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've been elsewhere for a whole week and heard a true story, something about a priest in Brazil tying a bunch of balloons on himself and setting off for the wild blue yonder---I looked around but i dont see any posts.

Source

There's a video too :shk: about his launching!!!

Is this insane or what???
I cant help but laugh.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's a funny way to travel and meet 'G-d'. However, it would be sad if the meteorologists cannot reasonably predict where the winds might have carried him to a general location and if the pilots cannot simply locate the missing priest at this point in time. All we could do is 'pray' and hope he is fine. But I would have to assume the experts would find nothing either.

[edit on 2008-4-24 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Do we have a priest with dementia here who was allowed to do this?

If this is his way of an accidental suicide, God knows better.:shk:

Also, who cut the cord so he could take off? That person would be in serious trouble in the land of dgtempe.:shk:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Out of my local news paper:

THAT'S ODD

RESCUERS in Brazil have reached a cluster of brightly colored party balloons floating in the ocean off Brazil's coast but failed to find the Roman Catholic priest who was using them in a feat to set a flight record. Reverend Adelir Antonio di Carli remained missing after lifting off from Paranagua on Sunday strapped to hundreds of helium-filled balloons. He was wearing a helmet, aluminum thermal flight suit, waterproof coveralls and parachute and was seeking to break a record for the longest time in flight with party balloons. He planned to use the money raised to fund a "spiritual" rest stop for truckers in Paranagua, home to Brazil's largest grain port. AP.

I guess he died, poor man.

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
There is a thread already - Brazil Priest Carried Off By Balloons

Search can work wonders...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

My gosh, thank you ever so much for finding the thread for me!

I dont know what to say!

h thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join