It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Likely Doesn't Exist, Finds Math Model

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steventmplr4
the math doesn't support their evaluation...its the same math they used to explain that the planet is flat...the universe circles Earth... and, that politicians are honest and earnest citizens of the community...

Exactly! Earth is not the center universe. I don't even see why it would be the only place with life. Why wouldn't there be life somewhere else? Our galaxy is huge and the universe is just unimaginably, insanely gigantic!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Then that math model better look into another field of embellishment, energy is always in constant motion, and if energy is always in constant motion perhaps its always passing by without being noticed.

Another world will exhibit another law of reality. It maybe not seen, but it is existant. Perhaps it comes down to perception given within a new set of realities.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

Your implication that for life to be 'special', it would have to be in the center of the galaxy, is too simplistic. There's far too much radiation near the Galactic Center for life to exist. Each galaxy has a 'ring' where there are sufficient heavier elements to make intelligent life flourish but not too much radiation. Further out on the Galactic rim, the theory is that star systems there would have less of the useful element like iron, etc so even if life developed there, it would have a difficult time building a civilization. Roughly half way out from the Galactic Center seems to be the sweet spot, or so the theory goes. Are we unique in the Galaxy. I used to think not but now I wonder. If we are the only place with life and with intelligent life in the entire Galaxy, then we have a moral obligation to preserve not only Humanity but all life because it would be so rare in the Galactic scheme of things.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join