It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rearming America: The military's plan to regrow body parts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Rearming America: The military's plan to regrow body parts.

www.slate.com

Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AFIRM) will "harness stem cell research and technology … to reconstruct new skin, muscles and tendons, and even ears, noses and fingers." The government is budgeting $250 million in public and private money.

Yesterday's death is today's wound. Now we're raising the ante: Today's permanent wound will be tomorrow's bad memory. Blow off our fingers, and we'll grow them back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com
www.defenselink.mil

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ever see that movie Starship Troopers? A scene shows a soldier in a chamber filled with liquid while his leg is being sewn back together. Or the scene in the Movie the 5th Element where they regenerate entire bodies with just a single living cell.

Perhaps these movies are subtlety getting us used to the ideas of tomorrows medical reality.

But I fear that this tech will only be available to the military and wealthy elites.

Eventually creating a different race of elite humans who’s health and genes are much manipulated. And the slave working class of weaker hunched pale humans.

Now there is an idea for a movie.

www.slate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yeah those darn poor people don't deserve those prosthetics. They sure as heck ain't getting those regenerative body parts.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Actually my daughter did research on her last year in college on stem cell.

She said that is amazing what this cells can do to recreate tissue.

Her major is in molecular biology.

I think that this technology can be great and no, this will not create super humans, just tissues for transplants.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just think of the medical implications of this. How many people are born without limbs or lose them in car accidents etc...or what about organ replacement?

Should this come to pass, then add one more innovation that started off with the military.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
But I fear that this tech will only be available to the military and wealthy elites.

Yeah, because every medical breakthrough is always hogged by the wealthy and especially the military.

I think this was covered in another thread, and I replied that during wartime, there are always leaps in medical know-how. And this is always shared with everyone.

Remember that the next time you use super-glue.

new topics

top topics

join