It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we exist in multiple dimensions? Yes we do. Perhaps then, there really is a higher being within.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I just got back from a run on a path I frequent all the time. I think alot up there, because the view is so scenic. I also think alot up there about reality, life, and my life.

I have not been the person I meant to be this year. I have slipped in many ways, always knowing that I could be better. I believe the same thing happens to everyone, but are we conscious of it?

Perhaps, all of the notions we have of being bigger and better in life come from somewhere else. We all struggle to be anywhere near perfect in this material existence... and we find it is impossible. This is a dense, physical reality with many distractions, hardships etc. I believe our society and our personal lives reflect our struggle to cope with this and to rise above it.

But will we ever rise above ourselves?

I believe so. Because this is a multi-dimensional universe we exist in. We perceive this dense physical life with our 5 senses, yet somehow we are always 'seeing' and grasping for more.

Quantum physics has already proven the existence of multiple dimensions and realities. It is not only plausible but probable that we exist in higher dimensions - higher dimensions which affect us in this earthly life. Our creativity, talents, potentials manifest themself in this physical reality through our minds, body and spirit - and all of it exists at a higher level.

I simply believe the dimensions are becoming compressed. I no longer feel I can go on being a mediocre live-a-day kind of person. It's almost like part of me is dying and the 'higher self' is reaching out it's hand to grasp me.

This isn't a very concise theory - but I'm tossing it up in SkunkWorks for now to see if anyone else feels this way.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think you are referring to the higher self?

This is the highest consciousness of who you are, how you deal with things, people etc.

It is very difficult to operate in the higher self 24/7 but the fact that you are aware of it and visit it often is good.

I had an exellent example of why I cannot stay in that state. I went to work directly after a meditation. I got there I felt very light, happy etc, within an hour, I began to come down to operate where everyone else is.

Got home, meditated again but was quite annoyed that I wasn't able to keep that state permanantly. Perhaps the only way to achieve that is to become a monk and spend all your time away from society?

good luck with it.

oh and edit to add, I am not sure though the higher self means 'other dimensions'. I feel it is a state of existence.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Pretty insightful post this is. Perhaps we truly live on different dimensions and stuff like in the movie, "The One". That movie was badass.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Dont be silly, you know there are tons of us out there.(or in here?) Whatever revelation or realization you come to, has probably been written about thousands of years ago, its just now there is an internet for people to share the depths of the knowledge humanity has accomplished to date. The result, we are re remembering a divine past which is also our future, connecting all the dots and seeing the vastness of the universes experience and all its hierarchy and infrastructure.

When I was reading your post, like magic the song Break On Through (to the other side) by the doors started playing in my head, just another example of people with the sight...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

This isn't a very concise theory - but I'm tossing it up in SkunkWorks for now to see if anyone else feels this way.

Yes, I feel that way sometimes. On the other hand, I wont put too much "pressure to perform" on myself either because thats another red herring or deflection from higher self...who´s call is ease not necessarily pressure.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
Whatever revelation or realization you come to, has probably been written about thousands of years ago

Of course. I have taken interest in reading Vedism, Krsna Consciousness material, Buddhism, Gnosticism, all kinds of philosophy... it's always been around.

I feel that in my genetic memory I have been exposed to certain concepts before. I start to 'slip out' of this physical existence and think in ways that kind of frighten me. I don't think scary thoughts, just extremely profound thoughts, and I can't stop.

I feel like there is there a bigger and brighter reality trying to come through somehow - not just on me but everything. This causes me to struggle with maintaining my old persona etc. and I wonder if this is the experience we are all having on earth. We want to manifest our higher dimensional nature, but there are growing pains?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
J Allen Hynek once said that consciousness is like light in that it is
a non-duality with the illusion of duality.
Light is both simultaneously a particle and a wave.

The particle is the individual sentient being
The wave is the infinite consciousness that permeates the universe.

Consciousness is clear light and permeates the universe according
to enlightened beings throughout the centuries.
Consciousness is always looking for a physical vehicle to manifest in
that's why the Universe is teeming with multi-dimensional life.

The Dalai Lama has said
"It is a great mistake to think you are not made out of light."

Buddha taught that there are 2 other dimensions besides this one.
One has beings of pure light in various forms.
The other is pure consciousness and formless.

As human beings evolve they evolve into light beings.
(Only if they have compassion and wisdom-intellect is not enough)
This dimension is only accessed by very few individuals throughout history.
Buddha, Jesus, the Great Mahasiddhas of India, Krishna and a few others.
Mystics get a tiny glimpse of this dimension.
However it is beyond the mental faculties of most people.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Excellent!
An epiphany!
I Strongly believe in your theory.
We are born in one dimension, as we progress we begin to merge with many other dimensional realities until one day we have the birthright to become enlightened. One. When one becomes, we all become.
It is a beautiful insight to be all that you can be and to remain just in the middle neither good nor bad. For every time you make a decision on your own, there is an equal and opposite decision being made.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by psychedeliack
I feel like there is there a bigger and brighter reality trying to come through somehow - not just on me but everything. This causes me to struggle with maintaining my old persona etc. and I wonder if this is the experience we are all having on earth.

You are not alone. I'm not sure about you, but I find this way of living very lonely. I look around and I want to break out, but there are walls everywhere. I talk to people, but they always say such useless dribble. The worst is when people put others down in casual conversation and look at me like I will help with the verbal assault. Sigh.

I think that we think we are ready, but we aren't. Like we know what we have to do, but aren't ready to do it. The truth to me may be different for you. The way I see it though is that I need to break away from society completely and give up on my ideas that I need to succeed. I need to stop being afraid. Does success, money, and possessions really make any of us happy? I've never seen it. I think true happiness comes in being self-sufficient. I think from there we can move forward, but to what I'm not sure.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Draves]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draves
You are not alone. I'm not sure about you, but I find this way of living very lonely. I look around and I want to break out, but there are walls everywhere. I talk to people, but they always say such useless dribble.

... Does success, money, and possessions really make any of us happy?

As to your first comment, I am one of the most solitary people I know, but I don't feel lonely. I know what you mean about feeling lonely, I've had sincerely lonely times in my life. When people are different from you, you learn at an early age not to play with them. At a certain level, it's hard to play the same game with most people in society. And that's ok. That's something my higher self has always struggled to teach me.

As to your second comment, yes, success and money do make people happy. Happy enough to spend their entire life dedicated to it. It is after all a fitting game to play. But the game is about over. The real game is still waiting for us to wake up.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

So what game do you play? How do you pass the time?

I have a hard time believing that money and success make people really happy. I have wealthy successful parents who do not seem happy at all. I also have poor friends who are miserable. The funny thing is everyone still complains about not having enough. People get large salaries and then just think up crazy new ways to blow the money faster than they make it. Then I have some friends that are always happy. I need a little of whatever they're on.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here's a dimension conceptualization I've come up with to at least help people grasp what even 1 more dimension means and may help clear up your thinking in this area...
Think of dimensions as being relative to one another. e.g. take the relationship between a 2d universe and a 3d one. Acknowledging it's limitations as an analogy , lets think of a 2d reality as a piece of paper that extends into infinity from what would be it's 4 edges. Simple enough. Imagine the paper laying on a table. So, embedded in our 3d reality, the 2d reality exists at a single point - at the height of the table top. We can raise and lower the paper from that point, thereby changing the point at which it exists. Now if you take that relationship (between 2d reality embedded in 3d) and apply it to 3 & 4d, you have a fairly clear picture of what 4d is. our 3d reality is embedded in the 4th dimension. we exist at a point along the "4th dimension's axis". That point is the present/now. It is the moment in which we exist. Therefore, the 4th dimension consists of all of time as a whole i.e. the future, now, and the past all summed together. I like to phrase it, "Everything is happening now."
That's the basics - there are some more issues, but they only add complexity, this conceptualization remains valid. hope that clears your idea some - hopefully not just complicate the matter...
cheers
-v

top topics

join