It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge sentences Snipes to 3 years for tax convictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Judge sentences Snipes to 3 years for tax convictions

news.yahoo.com

OCALA, Fla. - Wesley Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison on tax charges Thursday, a victory for prosecutors who sought to make an example of the action star by aggressively pursuing the maximum penalty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I haven't really been following the case but this just popped up. 3 years isn't terrible I guess for owing 2.7 million

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
3 years???
WTF, Ive seen child molesters and rapists get much less. The want to make an example out of him.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

Yeah I know right!!! This makes me so angry right now to see them doing this to Snipes! I mean he is Blade!! Come the freakin heck on!
Man this makes me a bit upset..
Just another way for them to stick it to yet another black man..
Dont get me wrong here.. But I have known for some time there is a clear agenda to do harm to the black people of not only this country but the world!
To me, this is just an example of showing the world that they will call out Snipes, but not others.. Clearly bullhonky!! pun intended!

The want to lock him up for 3 years??? What about all those others who dont pay their taxes, and get into this country by crossing our borders.

This world is so backwards it makes my head spin just to see straight sometimes.

Im not trying to promote the idea that that rasism is stiill at heart here in our country.. But Ill be sure there is something going on here, and has been for a long time. As a white guy I can see clear lines being drawn all the time, and it upsets me becasue I dont see color, I see human beings.

But I see many human beings do harm to color and other creeds of this world, why does it seem they want to pick on black folks?
I can no longer deny there is a conspiracy vs the black people of this world. Black, grey, yellow, or brown.. Its really tricky trying to talk about my feelings here without seeming ignorant.. As I belive ignorance is the ruling factor of this country..

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
For those who have said that its wrong to make an example of him and maybe 3 years is too much, if they had given him a slap on the wrist, people would be complaining that celebrities get all the breaks while an ordinary person would be hassled over owing much less money.

What we need is a flat tax and a currency that is completely electronic so that taxes will be deducted automatically, then no one can cheat at taxes and we all will be taken for the same percentage.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by ben91069]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
But I see many human beings do harm to color and other creeds of this world, why does it seem they want to pick on black folks?

Only in the eyes of blacks are there conspiracies brewing against them. I guess you never heard that Willie Nelson (a white man) lost just about everything to the feds due to not paying taxes. The difference being that he did not have enough to pay for his taxes and Snipes had plenty but refused to pay.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Only in the eyes of blacks are there conspiracies brewing against them. I guess you never heard that Willie Nelson?

Prehaps, but as a white guy raised in the kind of lifestyle I was raised in. I know better. Take a look at the poor sections of our cities. And take a good look into the hoods, where most people just turn their backs on those folks.
I know ignorance can go hand and hand with what Im saying here, I wont deny that.
But I know there is a conspriacy vs black people all over the world.

Yes I know about Willie Nelson, and right, he is a white guy. So my point is there is no creed or color anymore here.. They want to enslave us all!

And until we get over these small details they are going to keep us as slaves.
They took off the chains of slavery on blacks, and replaced them with chains of debt. Now white, black, yellow, brown.. We are all equally screwed.
But I have to say, blacks get it the worse, and thats my thought on the matter. And Im a white guy who can see threw the BS that goes on in this country. And yes we are all slaves to this system.
However the most people of color get screwed even harder than some.
Not all, but some of them truely dont get a chance.

Edit. I will leave it at that, so we dont take this off topic..
But if you would like, Im sure we could debate this else where.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
So my point is there is no creed or color anymore here.. They want to enslave us all!

No that I will agree with. There is such a thing as modern day slavery.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No that I will agree with. There is such a thing as modern day slavery.

Fair enough
And yes I will agree this issue here, is damned if you do, damned if you dont. Either way Snipes has plenty of money, and really should have just paided it out. But we are talking millions of dollars earned, and I guess if I was rich and a movie star, I wouldnt be paying my taxes either. IRS is legal highway robbery. They are crooks..
Im told over and over agin, you cant get blood from a stone.
Then I say, well you can throw a stone, and hit someone in the face and make them bleed.. Hence you can get blood from a stone.

I can say this.. If everyone stood together and said NO!! We refuse to pay you criminals!! We will only pay for our lively hood, and what we need. I dont feel my money should go to buying rockets to kill other human beings.. Tanks or planes.. I hate the fact that my hard earned dollar goes to fund the war machine.
I dont like it one bit.. But as one man, I almost stand alone.

Another saying that goes around..
You have to do 2 things in life.. Die and pay your taxes..

I dont like that saying either.. Because we DONT have to pay!!
But the slaves are all so brainwashed, and weak, they wont stand together.
And until we all decided to make them stop. They will keep on robbing us of our hard earned dollar..:bnghd:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Snipes jailed for tax evasion

The sentence is the maximum under the law.

Correction: It's actually "the law of the Bauer-Rothschild family", who own the big private-banks of the world. Anyway, I would like Wesely Snipes to escape prison and/or be set free in less than 3 years. I'll never pay taxes!

HAHA! I hate fiat-federal banks & I don't make any money. :w:

[edit on 3-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChadAndrewATS
HAHA! I hate fiat-federal banks & I don't make any money. :w:

How does one not make money but still learn to hate the system?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Oh, I hate it because the people, who own the corrupted monetary-system of America & U.K. (along with many other countries), start long wars (and fund both sides of those wars) just to profit from the deaths & the natural resources from the stolen lands, which were invaded by 1 or the other military they have been funding.

They even funded the Nazis (and they still do so).

- Study: Swiss bank stashed gold taken from Nazi camp victims

- Funded And Directed The Military Industrial Complex
Behind Adolf Hitler And The Nazi Revolution

- Federal Reserve Speech (Great Depression Era) note they fund both sides of wars

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
9 months probably if he does do time at all. I wonder if they have special places to house celebs?

His Agents and CPA should be in there with him.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What we need is a flat tax and a currency that is completely electronic so that taxes will be deducted automatically, then no one can cheat at taxes and we all will be taken for the same percentage.

Yeah right, no-one can cheat on taxes except the people asking for them!
And think of all that interest they can earn from taking too much (with the intention of giving it back of course)!

What they did was right in my opinion, Blade or not, he's just another rich overpaid actor (not that good imho) who should be treated as a criminal.
If everyone was doing it, fair enough, but when is enough, enough for someone like him. How many cars can one man drive or how many houses can he live in?

Heck...he'll be "sheltered" by ignorant inmates who see him for his screen characters, come out, make some prison movies and come out on top.

Sorry, I laugh at this and hope he gets butt f*#$d

top topics

join