It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I served in a USAF Helicopter squadron in Vietnam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
I went camping at Area 51 in college w/ a bud for our 'senior trip'. it is so rad and i encourage people to try it.

well the govt might not like it but there's HUGE mtns so you can't see anything anyways.

and it's doubtful with all the other big remote open spaces in the world that they'd still use it for much.

rad!

thats not true. a simple hike up tikaboo peak will give you a good view of the base with the right optical equipment

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What a pity that such an interesting discussion thread has been ruined. I thought ATS was here to encourage open minded discussion rather than to tear strips off the poster by demanding proof and mocking the fact that he has not replied. I think thatthe poster was wise not to reply as any furher posts would probably meet with the same fate.

Surely we do not need concrete proof before posting a thread on this site. this prevents the whole thing from being a free and open discussion forum and in my opinion defeats the entire purpose of this site.

So come on, if you have nothing constructive to add, dont add anything and leave the rest of us free to throw ideas around in peace

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Its a teaser perhaps...first one to crack the code wins.

Anyone notice what he chose to emphasize IN caps?
As well as other oddities in the writing.

Maybe there is more to it than bad grammar, or perhaps hes human like most of us...he just wants to chat (conversational) without worrying about spelling/grammar.

Peace

dAlen

EDIT: Add comments below

- playing around with it as a kind of code:
-------------------------------------------------
OVER (L)eft NO SERVED TRUST (ed) UP (Y)ear (G)reen (H)ell (V)ietnam
DOESNT EAGERLY

(good)
------------------------------------------------
Remember the reverse speech dude?
Perhaps this occurs in writing as well:

Over - No served (game over...did not serve in Vietnam) - Trust UP (hoax) - Doesnt Eagerly (nothing to wait in 2012 for him, as no one told him anything.)

Again this is just for interest sake, anyone familiar with reverse speech may see where Im coming from...

Anyway, maybe the O.P. will come back and tell us more.
i.e. why specifically he is waiting for 2012. Did the guy tell him more or is it just a hunch based on the fact he now believe in UFOs? (Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.)

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 26-4-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fozotronic
What a pity that such an interesting discussion thread has been ruined. I thought ATS was here to encourage open minded discussion rather than to tear strips off the poster by demanding proof and mocking the fact that he has not replied.

Surely we do not need concrete proof before posting a thread on this site. this prevents the whole thing from being a free and open discussion forum and in my opinion defeats the entire purpose of this site.

I must say, that while some of what you say may well be true, that other elements of it are flawed.

Some who responded to the OP were rude yes, that certainly is not the mechanism by which to garner information from someone making a claim.
But the thread ruined? Hardly. Stop being so dramatic.

Tipping either side of the scale, whether it be by dogma or by hounding someone for proof; neither is healthy in a discussion area where "denying ignorance" is the prevailing wisdom. Maintaining a respectable level of healthy doses of doubt and intuition, in my opinion have served the concensus most effectively.

You may be too new of a member to realize that truly, challenging the veracity of someone's claim in a RESPECTFUL manner is exactly what denying ignorance is all about. Yes, again, some may have been rude while doing so, and shame on them...they will get told when they should pipe down.

Now, as far as the topic, I doubt that any further information can be taken away from this until the OP does respond to some cursory questions. We can speculate all we want on the particular incident, but we know nothing. We could debate area 51 all we wanted in this thread, however it would be one of thousand others already discussed on ATS.

So, patiently awaiting the OP...

AB1

[edit on 26-4-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How long do we have to wait for the op? Come on , this thread is complete claptrap and I'm making no excuses for my negativity. The Op comes here and writes a very poor fairytale about some bloke knowing a bloke who fought in the nam and who knows some geezer who worked at area 51. Wow what a story! Is this all it takes to get the attention of the ATS members?

This is fake because his post comes across has being a 16 year old kid. He's not replied yet which tells it's own story. This is fake because I've heard this scenario about 5000 times from different people.

It's not even a good hoax. It's poor and lacking substance.

Oh I almost forgot, did I tell you that I once met a man In a kebab shop who claims that while he was delivering 5 chicken kebabs to Area 51 that he came across a four legged fraggle who wasn't happy about the %5 price hike. The kebab man claimed that the fraggle said if the credit crunch gets any worse then he might contemplate going back to Malteser land.

[edit on 26uSaturday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fozotronic
What a pity that such an interesting discussion thread has been ruined. I thought ATS was here to encourage open minded discussion rather than to tear strips off the poster by demanding proof and mocking the fact that he has not replied. I think thatthe poster was wise not to reply as any furher posts would probably meet with the same fate.

Why has it been ruined? ATS is about MORE than someone just popping in out of the blue and dropping a "I talked to s friend and he says..." then not giving us anything else...

I mean come on people NINE FLAGS already on just the OP?

IMO the ONLY reason this thread is so long already is that the OP simply mentioned Area 51...

Demanding proof? Of course we do... This is not just a story board... though lately it sure seems like it...

As GreenEyedLeo pointed out many of us DO have a life outside of ATS and lately the thread titles are giving a lot of promise with no meat... quite frankly... a waste of time to those looking for answers

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
a huge UFO crashes into your house....
anything!

Ummm do you have some links on these incidents?

[edit on 26-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I saw zorgons name and decided to pop back in for some of the prossible 'meat'.
Bummer, oh well I have to say that I am hungry for some real Veterans to come on this forum and start telling us their personal accounts as the people I grew up around I have always found honest and very interesting when you lend them an ear.
One told me that at certain times of day you would see buildings and if you looked later they would be gone. I wish I had asked more questions of him.
The OP was enough to induce many of us, maybe more posts like these are what is necessary and wanted?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I read page 1, than started on page 2 and thought WTF!. I wanna know about this guys information and not about the other total BS going in peoples heads.

So I clicked post and this came out and now I'm gone to the next story. To hell with wasting any more of my time trying to get to the guys story.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
old "retired" people need to post a little piece of paper with their ATS member name and some of their wrinkly skin in a picture to prove that they are at least and old person who could be retired at the very least, call the grand kids over, shower them with w/e gift, and use their cell phone for 5 minutes

at least that way ATS can know that you are old enough to have a job, and be retired from that job

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I saw zorgons name and decided to pop back in for some of the prossible 'meat'.

even I cannot pick meat off the bones when there aren't even any bones

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
LOL!
Well, I suppose I gave enough time. LOL

*Next*

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

As GreenEyedLeo pointed out many of us DO have a life outside of ATS and lately the thread titles are giving a lot of promise with no meat... quite frankly... a waste of time to those looking for answers

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
a huge UFO crashes into your house.... anything!

Ummm do you have some links on these incidents?

It happened to me!
I have to find the picture I made, er took, er....I will be back!!! Uh, sure. Sure.....I will get back to you.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That ain't gonna cut it for YOU Ms 'I wanna make every guy drool with the Cat Woman look'....

Why cuz I KNOW where your hubby works

Now I on the other hand could do such a story... like I know all about the new stealth techniques because da guy who patented it told me so... but he warned me not to tell anyone cuz people have 'disappeared' that know to much or ask to many questions...

So I can understand how its POSSIBLE this fellow is telling the truth... but people at ATS don't want truth... they want blood

Oh and about da guy I mentioned? he put it a little differently

I am free to talk about any of my published US Patents which are in the public domain. I am, however, under an edict from DoD under the NSA to 'report any inquiries relative to the stealth patent'. I had a phone call from a person who identified himself as an 'Undersectetary of Defense' and the person read a statement to me which I later found was excerpted from the National Security Act, as amended. I was 'ordered' to report any inquiries of any kind, by anyone, to DoD relative to that case (patent). I've only had to do that one time in 20 years when a group of Isreali's, based in Philly, contacted me relative to undertaking collaboration on some 'project' in Haifa. I reported this as instructed and the group 'disappeared' shortly thereafter.

Heheheheheheheh

TTFN Kitty

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

sorry, no clue if you were really in the usaf, but i have to doubt anyone who registers on this site to speak in bad english, bad spelling, and then spew out how ufo's are real cause you know someone at area 51.

What a bad pilot this guy must have been spilling the beans on area 51 and ufos at a usaf reunion no less.... Unless the op can answer some questions and make some sense, i feel the [HOAX] label rapidly approaching

I love it, you're criticizing the OP, but you yourself do not use proper punctuation, grammar, etc.

- usaf should be capitalized
- ufo should be capitalized
- area 51 should be capitalized
- you need commas between "been" and "spilling"
- op should be capitalized
- it should be because, not "cause"
- English should be capitalized

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I used to teach English to school kids.

So, bknapple, ask your questions, no one is stopping you. Someone comes on here, claiming to know something, and instead of keeping an open mind, you immediately call it a hoax. How can you even surmise that, without further information?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I may be wrong but aren't/ weren't helicopters under the ARMY not the USAF? Can someone verify that?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by christiansoldier

You need to see this one...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks, Zorgon. That was just too funny.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by christiansoldier
Thanks, Zorgon. That was just too funny.

Yes, so funny. I came back and answered everyone's questions... Yet this guy doesnt, but Im the one the couple of you attack... MMMM sure, funny.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple

doesnt USAF stand for United States Air Force. If so, what kind of intelligence is needed? I'm not crapping on these people, just idiots like bknapple who think that you need excellent grammer to do anything. I was tested at a 152 IQ, yet work in a call center. Because I'm lazy, I dont wanna have to worry about doing eveything perfect. I think the person who I am replying to is a disinformant.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join