It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I served in a USAF Helicopter squadron in Vietnam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
*HOAX* Lable Now Officialy Stamped.

This is so annoying on ATS, and i guess any other Internet Forum. Why do people BS for? Do they get a kick out of it or something? Is it a cheap way for them to get "high"

I can remember at least 2 threads here on ATS then ended up being totall BS..

BS Threads..

1: Ex-Area 51 Employee - Will answer almost all questions
2: Ex Area 51 Employee - Lets try this again

...and now this one...

Sorry that this doesn't have anything to do with the actual "topic" but i thought it needed to be layed out on the "table".....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
*HOAX* Lable Now Officialy Stamped.

This is so annoying on ATS, .............

Sorry that this doesn't have anything to do with the actual "topic" but i thought it needed to be layed out on the "table".....

I couldn't agree more, only from a different angle.
Why do people come on to threads without asking the OP questions and just claim the story to be a hoax?

I view this as a pathetic attempt at reverse pschology, forcing the OP to defend through accusations rather than answer legitimate questions.

Please give a little time for the OP to reply before jumping, not everyone has the time to monitor ATS 24/7, if you have nothing to add, just be a little patient, and keep an eye on the thread to see if the OP offers up additional information.

I see nothing fantastical about the OPs story, in fact very tame compared to many a thread on the same subject.

I would give another day or so before making any claims regarding the legitamcy of the story, the ball is in the court of the OP.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
While I won't be quick to judge the intent of the OP as hoaxish, the fact that the OP has yet to respond to anything is usually indicative of a "one-time-lemme-see-how-riled-up-i-can-get-the-poor-tinhat-wearin-geeks-on-ATS-today" mentality.

Yet, I'm willing to wait until the OP decides to address any of the aforementioned questions before being quick to judge him.

AB1

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Why in the world is this getting flagged?? Stop it, people. Stop bickering, let the OP answer some questions if they are going to. And stop flagging this, if all it's going to be is a bunch of bickering.

Well, there is MY bickering contribution for the day.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Is this how it is now? People need to take themselves down off their little pedestals and grow up. The OP just wanted to let people know what he heard at a reunion from another man and now it's a hoax and he's lying or he's not answering so he must be lying. Ignorance is rejecting something you no nothing about and the OP's silence is the only reply for it. Instead of having a nice discussion with the OP, there's arguments about him lying and disrespect of his character. I don't know why people have to be that way and stereotype and make impractical assumptions about a person who wants to talk.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Do you people realise how much others hold back because of the way they are jumped on, accused and harassed by the people that are meant to listen?

Grow up for a minute. I know the hoax rate is almost 100%, but at least give people a chance after their first post. For all you fools know, this guy could be telling the truth. He could also be bull#ting but either way you will never know because you jumped right down his throat and made him feel like # from the beginning.

If you really want the truth, let the details be known. Not everyone that posts wants to write a #ing book to prove what they know.

Maybe its crap, maybe its not, but I know negative attitudes WILL NOT allow your 'truth' to come about.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Ignorance is rejecting something you no nothing about and the OP's silence is the only reply for it.

I wholeheartedly disagree with an element of this....that being whatit is you left out.

Let's face it, IGNORANCE is tantamount to being uninformed. The only REMEDY for Ignorance, is to have a response from the INFORMED on why it is they are ignorant in the first place. Seeing as how the OP is the only one with the knowledge of the topic he/she decided to instantiate, the only mechanism for DENYING IGNORANCE is to have him/her inform us.

Originally posted by Solarskye
Instead of having a nice discussion with the OP, there's arguments about him lying and disrespect of his character. I don't know why people have to be that way and stereotype and make impractical assumptions about a person who wants to talk.

This I DO agree with wholeheartedly. Which is exactly why I'm not quick to judge him/her before having had a chance to reply.

AB1

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My uncle had 3 college degrees. He just liked going to school.

But when it came to spelling and grammar - - you'd think he was still in kindergarten.

It does annoy me - but it is not a judge all.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple

RUDE !

Take care.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So, now that a page and a quarter have been wasted on in-fighting, how about we get back to the OP and the original subject matter?

The OP was asked to give some details on his credentials and reunion. I'd like to see his response on that. I don't really know where this is going though as it would seem a bit anticlimactic. The guy clammed up after one statement.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Reading the OP I was reminded of a weird experience I had while working in North Las Vegas. I had gone out for a smoke break and began chatting with the guard the building employed.

Not sure why he chose to tell me this but he asks me if I believe in UFO's. When I said I gave it a high probability that they existed, he made a comment on the lines of, "You don't know the half of it."

Then he proceeds to explain the he is retired Air Force - pulled his card out of his wallet to prove it to me - and that he worked at Area 51. He went on to say that what they say about aliens at Area 51 is true.

It was like this old geezer was trying to get it off his chest.

I wish I had asked more questions, but this really freaked me out. I mean, why tell me? I was younger then and less world wise. Today I would have been all over that, asking questions, but back then... I had no idea what to do with this admission.

Never saw that guard there again after that day.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
He's got to google search for the details first!

Just kidding, that's a bit sarcastic on my part, I'm interested to see if the OP comes back so we can verify some facts and decide if he's for real or tossing us a line of bull.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That reminds me of this time I was at this bar, drinking with some friends. We went outside for a smoke and this weird biker looking guy comes walking up to us. I figured he was gonna ask for a smoke or something but he looks at me and asks if we believe in UFO's.

I had my knife open and ready in my pocket (he was weird), but I answered him, yeah man.

He then points up to stars and starts telling me they're UFO's. So I guess he was drunk himself, but I was like no that's just a star man, and then told him I had to go.

Ok, so that's not really the same thing, but it happened

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
interesting post........would certainly like a little more info. from the OP

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Is everyone still here and willing to get to the topic?

Alright!!

A LOT of people have a story about a guy they know, or ran into or whatever, that relates that totally astounding tidbit that drops your jaw. I have run into a few of those myself. I'd hate to bring one of my experiences here and receive such a reaction.
I think they are awesome to listen to myself, this one included. I'd like to hear what more he has to say, once he comes back. IF he comes back. I've had more than a few conversations with VietNam-era vets that totally curled my hair.
My own brother has stories from the middle-seventies regarding his first stint in the Army, stationed in Germany. Crazy stuff. Crazy enough to make him pointedly refuse to re-enlist.
It's an even crazier story about why he did re-enlist a couple of years later...returning him to Germany, where he still lives today.

I want to be able to hear these stories before some member decides for everyone that it's all bunk. It's okay to disbelieve, but, relay your doubt, maybe ask a few questions and check back later.

Anyway, let's take this thread forward now. Maybe a few more of us can relate some of the tidbits we've come across.

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
All the moderators must be on vacation.

A new person posts something and without so much as asking any questions of him or even knowing the full story this crap happens.

Then we have people stalking each other between threads and attacking each other like a bunch of Juveniles.

New information comes from new members. Why would anyone join if they read crap like this? Or is that you folks purpose in the first place.

This is some of the best fertilizer for ignorance I've ever seen. It appears some of you want personal little clubs with nobody else's thoughts allowed and free speech be damned.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thanks Cuhail
We posted at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No sweat. My whole post is made as just a fellow member of ATS. I suppose, as a Mod, I like to see things continue with focus on a topic, but, this is not my forum to Mod and the topic truly, truly interests me. I'd love to hear more recountings from members.

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I genuinely can't believe this thread has got to two pages- most of it consisting of pointless squabbles. People come on to read the OP's story, not reading an unrelated and petty argument.

reply to post by Amaterasu

Interesting! Did he give any other info you haven't mentioned?

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Knights]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

What say you start a thread and tell us some of these hair curling stories of yours? (Or direct us to them if they already exist)

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join