It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's motive

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

correct. Man wrote the Bible under the inspiration of God's Holy Spirit.
John 1:1-5: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."

2 Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

2 Peter 1:20-21: "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I haven't read your post, I just wanted to tell you that that is one of the best titles I have seen yet. God's Motives.... love it... have a good day

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Yes, Me to most the time. Sounds like we are cut from the same cloth?
I'm getting the outside of the house ready, for rainy season. So I apologize, for my lack of patients.
Jesus is the ultimate answer of what God's motives are. Also the ultimate
answer of what God's Word is. Be aware of the life of Jesus. When you see Jesus, you see God. He is a direct reflection of God on earth. With out
knowing Jesus, it is impossible to understand the old scriptures.
They are like the communications of a super race of aliens; trying to communicate with people that barely had cave men mentality. We have the same problem today. Only it is people who have monkey men mentality. They can't hear, don't want to hear anything but how glorious they are, and how they will eventually fulfill, their own prophecy. "2001 A
Space Odyssey!" Becoming god's by their own power!
So then one of God's motives is, to get us there; but in the Spirit of the Truth!

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Howie, Psychedeliack, as a contributor (albeit a very minor one) to this thread I just have to ask you... how does my post, specifically, constitute bashing the Bible?

By actually taking it seriously - seriously seriously?

(I am not angry, BTW - just very surprised and somewhat saddened.
But I've got used to that, so... no big deal.
)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Oh, I don't know. I suppose it was the tone of your writing. Plus the title, that questions God's motives. Maybe you should have questioned if God
wrote the Bible, in your title. Like " why would God write such an ungodly book?"

Surely he could explain the benefits of being good in the Bible without spoiling the prize? It smacks of being a very quick-and-dirty way to ensure people act nicely, instead of a more labourious way of actually getting people to be good.

God's message to man, is far beyond telling him to be "good".
If you think that is the message; you have missed the central theme.
That is, man and anybody else, cannot be good; without God doing it through them. To suggest that you can, is to deviate from the truth.
This is what Satan decided to do. " Exalt himself above God!" As soon
as Satan made this announcement. God with drew His Grace from Satan.
Satan became the antithesis of all that is evil.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
of essentially saying "you can be a complete b**tard, but as long as you follow these rules, you'll get into heaven, whether you mean them or not".

If you follow the rules then you won't be a 'complete b******''.
You'll end up being a good person. You won't be able to be anything but
a good person if you follow 'the plan'.

A REAL question is this .... if people are good and follow the rules just to get themselves into heaven, then are they doing it for the right reasons? Isn't it for selfish reasons and therefore they really aren't 'doing it right'??

Example - if they are helping others, not really to help others, but to get into heaven? (no - I don't mean everyone, but some are like that. Our motives aren't always pure - and I do count myself in with them without pure motive at all times).

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why does anyone believe in God? I have never understood this concept. It is as though people have a desperate need to follow the teaching of an entity, that if is so, relies on total respect. And if not given such, total damnation. It is hard for me to understand why so many would follow such a concept. I am sorry if I have talked out of line but I cannot grasp this concept from so many that follow a totally self engaged, "I don't know what to call for lack of a better word, God."

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fossilized

Your view of the "concept", is distorted, because you haven't experienced or seen what others have. You therefor are only guessing as to what this
(God business) is all about! Probably you don't want to admit that you have missed something that others have experienced. Therefore your tendency to stereotype "believers", into your distorted idea of what faith is.

Now let us not hyjack this thread from it's original question.
Back to God's motive in writing the Bible.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I wondered that for a long time as well.

God wrote the 10 Commandments with his hand, the Bible was written by men who were inspired by God.

It's too bad that uninformed people, who see liars and manipulators in a priests outfit toss out the whole thing [ Bible and church ] as a lie.
I'm sure that none of them knew anything about the confession of Alberto Rivera and how that fits in to the big picture.

Only very special people can just pick up The Word for the first time in their lives, and fully understand the contents. I know I didn't understand it like I do now, until I realized that this war we all are seeing, is the original war between good and evil and things will be getting real crazy before too long.

I also have lots to learn, I know I do. I also got some good insights from some decent people. I don't belong to any church, because of a cpl reasons, one of which is, there aren't many decent ones left. The ones that most people see on tv, are turned. They're part of the apostate church and don't even know it.

Anyways, The Word is really cool. And here are a cpl books I've used, to get even more out of The Word;
Biblical Mathematics

Beginnings

vvv-Free download of proof-vvv; [ scroll down 3pages to the round dvd 373 next to the purple box clik to download then view, it is only a few minutes long ] Just watch this last one, I think most will find it quite interesting as well.

A Proof set in Stone

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fossilized

Everyone believes in a God, even atheists. Your god may be science, academia, money, career or booze, etc. But I have never met anyone who did not have a god of their choice.

"We make our destinies by our choice of Gods." - Virgil

To dave420:

I believe in questioning everything including the Bible. And how do we know that God does not want us to question his motives? Perhaps he wishes to be understood in a different light. Religion has ran with the authority to teach their version of who they think God is, and his motives, for millenniums. If you choose to question the Bible and Gods motives - I applaud you!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I do not doubt that flesh have done to God's word so it would suit them. As someone mentioned the Aramic version would be our closest call. Our answer is study to the best of our ability with faith in Him and not in flesh.

So if we believe and want to be with God we will do all to get closer to Him. If we have a true personal relationship with God no scripture can make up for that. The Greatness of being overwhelmed by The Holy Spirit while in meditation is Awesome.

In the end no matter how man/flesh and their demonic buddies have tried, and still are trying to confuse and lie to us, when we have that relationship He'd make sure nothing makes us stumble. We would read what is needed and know when, where and what, patience is all we need and we will have Word when something is on hand.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join