It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question about heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hope this is the right area to post this question,mods, move it if not.

I was always taught as a youngster that when you go to heaven you are reunited with your loved ones. Fair enough with family but how exactly does this work with lovers? For example, you may really really love an ex girlfriend or boyfriend but they may not love you anymore. Are they forced to spend time with you then in heaven? If they have someone else they love, are you suddenly a spare wheel? Surely that will cause resentment?

I might love 3 or 4 of my ex´s, will they be forced to spend time with me in heaven even if they hate me? Thats not fair is it.. Also do i have to spend time with some of my psycotic ex´s that may love me but who i detest?

This whole heaven thing seems a bit confusing to me

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
In the biblical heaven evryone will know everyone and there will be no hate or rememberance of earth life so not to worry.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OR......maybe your ex's dont make it to heaven.....maybe in heaven there is universal love. We will all love each other unconditionally.......maybe once we get to heaven, we will all be apart of a universal wholeness......

Just a few different ideas....

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by allupnurmind
OR......maybe your ex's dont make it to heaven.....maybe in heaven there is universal love. We will all love each other unconditionally.......maybe once we get to heaven, we will all be apart of a universal wholeness......

Just a few different ideas....

fair point

one or two of my ex´s have NO chance of getting there

Im a "doubtfull" as well if im honest

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My two cents:

The thing Jesus preached the most on was loving others. He even boiled the Ten Commandments down to two, both based on love. As a Christian, we are charged with loving everyone, even those who hate us.

So in heaven, if only those who are able to at least try to love all others are allowed in, there would be no hate, right?

That's just my own understanding of it. I'm letting my travel agent handle all that. His name is Jesus.

I want to say one more thing on this subject... I have heard all my life about mansions of precious stones and streets of gold... I don't care about any of those things. Assuming the weather is 'heavenly', I'll be happy with a nice little lean-to over on the side out of the way where I can relax and think, with maybe a little visit from my Dad and Jesus and my family now and then to talk.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
In the biblical heaven evryone will know everyone and there will be no hate or rememberance of earth life so not to worry.

what this guy said is 100% correct and the only way that a place like "heaven" could possibly work.

You will not remember anything from your past life. Why is this necessary? Because if you remembered your past life, you would remember your loved ones who are not with you. You could not be truly happy.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've thought about this a lot too. To think that you would not remember your past life seems very weird to me though, why would Christianity place such a emphasis on family values if they weren't going to matter in heaven?

I don't know how it will work out, but I'm sure there's some weird way where it will be perfect and everyone will be so content that they don't even think about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
don't even think about it.

that somes it up nicely my friend.

post script . . .

i think that most peoples view of "heaven" is very far off.

[edit on 4/25/2008 by JPhish]

top topics

join