It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real/fake ghost picture??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Real/fake ghost picture??

www.thesun.co.uk

THIS spooky image of an unknown boy gave Angie D'Arcy the shivers when she had her photos developed.

She took the picture in 2003 in Evercreech, Somerset, but only just got round to having the disposable camera film printed.

Angie, 40, of Shepton Mallet, cannot remember anyone being in the shot when she took the snap and said the figure, dressed in old-style country clothing, remained a mystery.

"I don't believe in ghosts but I just can't explain it," she said.

"It was among pictures of our old house. No one recognises the boy."

The child also appears on the negatives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So I'm guessing that this is a fake picture. Someone out there good with photoshop able to create something like this ? Or is it a child from another picture, and a flaw has caused the image to merge with the picture in question ?

I apologize if this is old news.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well the kid is standing square to the photo frame and the photo is as crooked as a dog's hind leg. If he was there, he must have been a sideways ghost...

Double exposure.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well it can be created in photoshop. (Forgot the settings) question is whether the person would have the motive to create something like this in photoshop.
Also, in the excerpt, she states that it appears in the negatives as well? We'll I only saw one picture, she could or rather "The Sun" should have included those as well, it more than likely would have put more weight on to the "This is not fake."

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I hate to say this but.....

Jar Jar: Little Annie!!!

It looks almost just like the 'ghost' ... that was my first impression.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I love this part:

She took the picture in 2003 in Evercreech, Somerset, but only just got round to having the disposable camera film printed.

I've seen the same thing before, back before I became professional photographer. I learned back then that when the film lies rolled up inside the camera for such a long periode of time, you can end up with uninteded double exposures.
That also explains the awful colors...

Not a hoax... not a ghost... just pure chemistry.

Could smell a counter post coming up hehe...

"why don't we see more than the kid then??"

To me that kid shot looks like one of those awful "stand against the white wall honey so I can photograph your costume". So the kid shot was probably more or less clean and therefore only added to the other shot the kid itself.

[edit on 24/4/08 by flice]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Well the kid is standing square to the photo frame and the photo is as crooked as a dog's hind leg. If he was there, he must have been a sideways ghost...

Double exposure.

Good point...

I admit when looking at the picture, I just wasn't sure, but you are absolutely correct about the crookedness!

I'll have to agree, as well...double exposure!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Kinda looks like the 3 Men and a Baby ghost, which was also false

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Two things come to mind.

1. It's awfully convenient that the child's face is obscured.

2. If ghosts have clothes, then clothes have ghosts.

[edit on 2008/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The 'Sun' is not that credible of a source to say the least. They host fake, cgi and hoax stories and photos all the time.

This is probably as the above poster stated, a product of the layered subsequent photos being stacked over such a long time, 5 years !!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's not a ghost picture.

I have NEVER seen any real photography - spirit photography or ghost hunting photography - even come close to looking like that.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
I hate to say this but.....

Jar Jar: Little Annie!!!

It looks almost just like the 'ghost' ... that was my first impression.

Im with you:

The clothes
The hair
The figure height and proportions

Nice find

Why is nobody else comenting on this connection?

It may not be the exact same shot you referenced that the 'ghost' was taken from but other than being on the Star Sars set for the double exposure I think you've got it down.

Regards S_G

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
LOL..beaten to the anakin link...

The Sun newspaper is a joke in itself...

anyway.. not a ghost but a pic of lil ani is what i'm going with..

www.pearl-jam.com...
www.degobah.freeservers.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
100% fakery!

I mean not only is it an artical from the sun.. But just by looking at this ghost picture you can tell thats a simple Photo shop transparency gimgic they used on that. Im sure I could take and waste 30 mins of my life by giving it a fine tooth comb.. But I am comfortable calling hoax on this one without any further investigation.
While some might see this as bias, so be it. But the Sun is a ragg.
And will promote alot of junk as the real deal.

No offence to the op for posting.. Keep on looking.. Sooner or later you might find something. Just keep in mind that the Sun, is a tabloid rag.
And not the best source for such things.

peace

A little back ground info about the Sun.

The Gutter Rag Sun (SCUM) Tabloid has put another nail into the coffin of its circulation figures by insulting the mentally ill in its latest outrage. The Suns First edition carried the headline "Bonkers Bruno Locked Up" above a story that labelled him a "nut". As the first editions of the Sun rolled off the presses last night, internet forums were seizing on the story with contributors calling for another boycott of the paper and direct action

Source

[edit on 24-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LOL!!

I forgot to mention that I also thought it was a young Anakin Skywalker!!!

Oh yeah there was another "ghost picture" on the Sun's website. But it was merely a blurry priest/minister/etc.

Thanks for the answers. At least no one in here jumped on the ITS A REAL GHOST bandwagon which usually happens with other pics.

I feel sorry for those guys!

top topics

join