It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing formally offers F/A-18 for indian MMRCA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

is about the only post (and one from planeman) i could find with anything substantial about the mirage 4000 - which has been in a musem for 13 years now.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In that post I think planeman was speculating, it seems to be his own impression of an 'enhanced Mirage 4000' with bigger canards and Mica missiles. But that is just my interpretation.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
so we can quite happily put that one back to bed then - like the dead as the dodo F16XL , the Mirage 4000 is not happening

will there be speculation about the TSR2 for india next

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, I didn't think of that one!

Talking about homemade impressions however I did make this a few weeks ago when India asked if BAE could offer them the Typhoon instead of EADS doing it.

Now, was that because of their long standing relationship with BAE and its past identities going back half a century, or have they talking to Saudi Princes?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
EADS are making the offer though via the germans - so if india want to talk to bae and EADS want to do it themselves the chances are dropping

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think that if it was a case of BAE selling India Typhoons or EADS not selling them that would soon change. BAE, through Mike Turner, has already said that it expects India to be added to the portfolio of countries it is negotiating with.

The workshares wouldn't change as its more of a cosmetic arrangement. I would even go so far as to suggest that BAE sales personnel would be seconded if that met Indian demands. None of which ash any bearing on whether it is the right plane for them however.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by waynos]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join