It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submachine Gun-Toting Cops To Patrol NYC Subways

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Justified compartmentalization, Is how the Police State will come, and how it is coming, Its not some big plan every cop or Fed is in on, It's not some big conspiracy, its just the way it is...

Its like a snowball going down a mountain, once it starts it won't stop it will just keep building momentum...

We are damned if we do, and damned if we don't, Accept it for what it is, Know what it is, and when its at your door step, what you do is your choice.

Someone or something will do something terrible, And when they do, The Government will do the only thing they know how to do...

[edit on 26-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Haven't seen it. Haven't been into town for a while now. But would it really surprise you? Right after 9/11, seeing troops and machine guns in Grand Central, I knew right then that it was a new paradigm.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I dont understand why htiers a need for any armed swats or army teams... I mean, IF someone is sickly,is planning to bomb the subway, wouldnt they see the presence of the armed cops?

Would they even care? A bomb doesn't give a # about machine guns.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent47

I'm not saying that the police shouldn't have these weapons, I am saying they should not be deployed in the subways or on the streets as a part of routine patrols. Leave the special weapons and tactics to the experts. If you want soldiers on the streets, then let's just be out with it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Just shows what we can face from the everyday criminal. These guys were'nt even terrorists.

Oh no, not terrorists!

So what if they were? In fact, under today's laws, they most certainly would be considered terrorists.

One shootout with police twenty years ago justifies machine guns in the subway how? Maybe we should put a tank on every street corner?

Or maybe we should make it legal for citizens to wear body armor if they're so worried about terrorists.

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by CX

Just shows what we can face from the everyday criminal. These guys were'nt even terrorists.

Oh no, not terrorists!

So what if they were? In fact, under today's laws, they most certainly would be considered terrorists.

One shootout with police twenty years ago justifies machine guns in the subway how? Maybe we should put a tank on every street corner?

You are obviously unaware of some of the weaponry that criminals have at thier disposal these days.

I'm suprised, especially seeing where you live.

There are kids roaming the streets these days with guns that i'd only want to go up against with a decent amount of firepower, let alone what the seasoned criminals are carrying.

Do yourself a favour and go do a search for confiscated weapons, and tell me that police are OTT in carrying the guns that they do?

Maybe you should go be a police officer for a few weeks and let us all know what you would rather go out on patrol with considering some of the things you will have to face?

CX.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

You are obviously unaware of some of the weaponry that criminals have at thier disposal these days.

I am well aware thank you very much. When was the last time you heard of police getting into a shootout with someone armed to the teeth with assault weapons and body armor?

Maybe you should go be a police officer for a few weeks and let us all know what you would rather go out on patrol with considering some of the things you will have to face?

I've done my time working with law-enforcement and have seen more weapons than you might imagine. I still don't see the need for machine guns in the subway. Especially in a place as crowded as the subway in fact, that is also highly conducive to ricochet.

And again, as I stated before. I don't see a problem with officers having acces to this sort of firepower, but regular patrols are not the place for it. The only time I might see a need for it, is if the officer is likely to be a long way from backup, like a park ranger for example, or perhaps a State Trooper on patrol way out in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh well, what to hell, I started this thread.
Insinuating terrible dread.
It might be true that we must fear
the blue. Yet,
Is our threat coming from both sides?!
Are the good, the bad and the ugly,
all on one side? It may well be.
So what shall we see?
Where shall we stand?
Is A line is being drawn in the sand?
So we must decide.
Who's side we are
on!
Hopefully not! I'd rather
be drunk. But, Que Sayre Sayre!
What ever shall be shall be.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe if the cops who killed Sean Bell had machine guns, they could have made sure there were no witnesses left alive. :shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Maybe if the cops who killed Sean Bell had machine guns, they could have made sure there were no witnesses left alive. :shk:

This same thing passed through my head. Cops every where seem to be grossly over reacting. Videos of out of control cops, constantly are being shown on TV and the INTERNET! What ever happened to Andy Griffin?

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Andy Griffin this guy is not. Here is some backround info to that video you posted...

(Notice - Foul language and raw subject matter)

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

OMG, that's the kind of people some of you want, watching over you,
with machine guns? Don't blame me when they spray a crowd. Then get off with a slap on the wrist. Your asking for it. Hope my friends and relatives aren't riding the Subway that day!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sometimes 50 rounds are just not enough to stop the charge of a man who is sitting there at you, whether he be sitting in a car or in a crowded subway.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
By the way, these cops are indeed carrying machine guns, and are patrolling in helmets and full body armor.

wcbstv.com...

This news report made me sick, ..."everyone agrees that it is a good idea..." I believe it the way she put it. It stinks of propoganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join