It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Colonel
I know you are but what am I! I know you are but what am I! GOD! What age are you about 2? I swear when I first came to this board I thought that you were an 8 year old, know it all black girl with a chip on her shoulder towards anyone or thing white because of the slavery issues that occured before any of use were ever born. I guess that you proved me wrong!:shk:

PS

So, racist. You don't attack Ivan for the stupid comment but you attack me for replying. You show your colors everytime.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ok it really does'nt matter what Jesus' skin color was. Being that he was in the area of the Mid East he would most likely be Arab skinned or tanned. Plus he was born a Jew and most blacks in that area still worshiped tribal gods.His skin is noted to being bronze in several sources, which to me shows Jesus had Arab-like skin. I doubt Jesus was pale white,but most likely he was the skin tone of Greek people for example. Tanned but not dark.

Plus being the old ages I extremly doubt that people would have followed a black man and belived him to be the Messiah.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So Colonel how are these guys racist? Just cause they are proud to be white/hate Jesse Jackson or think your one of those fat black girls who wave their finger?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
So Colonel how are these guys racist? Just cause they are proud to be white/hate Jesse Jackson or think your one of those fat black girls who wave their finger?

Hey now! I said nothing about fatty fat fats....OPPS....I mean...errr....weight challenged individuals.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
hehehe. This thread is getting amusing. It's like Colonel is a 500 pound football player and a team of Michael Jordans is attacking him. Or something.

Its Jesus' word that matters, if you need him to be your race so badly, you have some serious self-esteem issues

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
and look how you conviniently change around the context of the scripture to suit your argument.

it said nothing of "wooly hair", it said "his head and hairs were white like wool, as white as snow"

White as snow=color
White like wool= texture.

besides, the scripture you used as "proof" cannot be taken literally when in the sentence fallowing the one above, it says jesus' eyes burned red like fire, he held seven stars in one hand, and that he had a double edged sword sticking out of his mouth

eyes burned red like fire= he had red eyes which we've all had, hence Visine.

I don't understand the last line.

it appears you don't understand any of it. why would a color be used to describe texture?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Uh, Herr Klinc is narrow in his view of the world. He is even more narrow in his view of what Jesus said. If he was more so in the view of Jesus, he would not make a issue of race concerning the Son of god......who said not a word about his color, race or personal attributes while here.....

He did not come to divide the races, but to save all, regardless of color.

And, yes, when Jesus comes he will have eys of fire and a tongue like a sword- he will be of judgement in other words.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Jesus was probly alil bit muscular also. I mean think about it he was a crapenter since he was a child and he survied in that rough time you couldnt be too small. Also he was able to endure the crusifixition till the end which also takes soemone with good physical fitness

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
the colonel isn't abandoning his "undeniable proof" is he?
god forbid(pun intended) that biblical scripture be taken metaphorically

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
the colonel isn't abandoning his "undeniable proof" is he?
god forbid(pun intended) that biblical scripture be taken metaphorically

No, actually I'm busy bustin up the repugnants on the "Repugnants" thread. I warned them but they don't like to listen. So, they gotta feel.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
colonel?

are you related to this guy?

just wondering

No, racist, are you?

no im not black nor a racist? i was just wondering cause you fit the racist thing just like good ol' al

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I like how everyone just leveled Colonel, then he quit posting. I'm pretty sure you were proven wrong on this one, racist.

You're telling the truth? Is this something new for you, repugnant? You conveniently left out thepart with wooly hair. Isn't that typical. Lying ALSO includes whole and partial ommissions of the truth, repugnant.

I don't believe I left anything out. If I did, then I guess I wasn't telling the truth, I was exposing your lies.

Go look at the Jesus was a black man!! thread for more proof.

What's the matter? Too lazy to attempt to prove your point? I was already in that thread, I posted in it a few times.

Oh yeah, and the church has already domiated the world through theology. They've had control for a very long time now. And it isn't because they say Jesus is not black. You are a racist and a liar. Thank you for that last line, now I know you really care, and that you're not some repeditive broken record.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm tired. Tired. Tired. Tired. Tired of smacking you repugnants around. LOOK AT THE TRUTH!

You are completely blinded to the truth written in the Holy Bible. You will read the description of Christ in the Bible, and will reject what is written, but continue to worship and accepted the false image of Christ and be taught LIES, read John 4:23-24.

Habakkuk 2:18: "What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, ...."

Proverbs 14:5: "A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies."

One of those faithful witnesses was the Apostle John who was instructed to write what he saw in a book, read Revelation 1:11.

Revelation 1:13: "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle."
Revelation 1:14: "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;"
Revelation 1:15: "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters."
Upon seeing Christ, John describes the hair on his head and face being white like wool. He then describes Christ's eyes (the white part) as being red according to the prophecy. Genesis 49:12: "His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk." Then John describes the color of Christ's feet is like brass (golden brown), as if they were burned in a furnace (meaning very dark) and his voice was loud like the roaring waters.

Skeptics try to argue that COLOR is not in the Bible or historically and biblically it does not matter when it relates to Christ's ethnic appearance, however the prophet Daniel saw a vision of the Israelites' Messiah, Jesus.

Daniel 10:5: "Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:"
Daniel 10:6: "His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude."

Please notice that Daniel has the same exact description of Christ as the Apostle John and stresses the COLOR of his arms and feet!

Paul warned the Church of Corinth not to be tricked nor have their minds corrupted with LIES, from the simplicity in Christ - because His word is easy to understand. He continues to explain that if anyone comes preaching "another Jesus" or "another spirit" or "another gospel" which has never been taught by any of God's servants, they are to "bear with them" by correcting them in the Scriptures.

2 Corinthians 11:3: "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:4: "For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

So, continue to LIE and call ME a racist, continue to defy scripture. It will not me that will be residing in HELL.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm tired. Tired. Tired. Tired. Tired of smacking you repugnants around. LOOK AT THE TRUTH!

Man, you are just classic! So now anyone that doesn't agree with you on any topic is a repugnant/republican? You, my friend, have severe issues...but don't let that stop you. I find it all quite amusing now that I have learned not to take anything that you say seriously.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Man, you are just classic! So now anyone that doesn't agree with you on any topic is a repugnant/republican? You, my friend, have severe issues...but don't let that stop you. I find it all quite amusing now that I have learned not to take anything that you say seriously.

You disregard my words at your own peril. I never said that ALL people that disagree with me are repugnant but they tend to be.

However, if you have any proof to prove me wrong, please bring it. I'd rahter see that rather than "No, stop, you're racist. It's not true. The Scriptures are lying. It's made up. No one really knows. I don't care what anyone says Jesus is white."

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You disregard my words at your own peril. I never said that ALL people that disagree with me are repugnant but they tend to be.

However, if you have any proof to prove me wrong, please bring it. I'd rahter see that rather than "No, stop, you're racist. It's not true. The Scriptures are lying. It's made up. No one really knows. I don't care what anyone says Jesus is white."

You really don't get it yet, do you? No one is really arguing that jesus wasn't black. Say it out loud now! Repeat, lather and rinse. The idea that most are attempting to get across to you is that it does not matter. Do you buy the candy bar for the wrapper and not whats inside? Do you eat the rind and throw the orange away? Do you see how silly this all sounds yet?

I am actually beginning to believe that you are just pulling our collective legs for a goof. I mean, no one can be this dense. Can they?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ok, now that we agree that Jesus was black. Now, I will argue to you WHY its important.

Paul warned the Church of Corinth not to be tricked nor have their minds corrupted with LIES, from the simplicity in Christ - because His word is easy to understand. He continues to explain that if anyone comes preaching "another Jesus" or "another spirit" or "another gospel" which has never been taught by any of God's servants, they are to "bear with them" by correcting them in the Scriptures.

2 Corinthians 11:3: "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

Now. let's discuss the temple of God...

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
(Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 3 In context: 1 Corinthians 3:15-17)

1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
(Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 3 In context: 1 Corinthians 3:16-18)

1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
(Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 6 In context: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

So, the temple of God is YOU. YOUR body, YOUR mind.

Now, onto Jesus' race and this false christ we see today, to dismiss his race is to...

2 Thessalonians 2
1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[1] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

YOUR MIND!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think he just might be that dense, Jonna.

Colonel
You are completely blinded to the truth written in the Holy Bible. You will read the description of Christ in the Bible, and will reject what is written, but continue to worship and accepted the false image of Christ and be taught LIES, read John 4:23-24.

I don't even worship Jesus! When the hell did I say he was white? Brass doesn't mean black, do you know how many times we've told you that? Are you color-blind.(great, a color-blind racist) Brass or bronze are closer to the color of a middle-eastern person.

Gaa! Now you got me going off on color! It doesn't even matter!

You've been proved wrong, you just refuse to admit it. Our arguments were not that you are racist, which may be true, but that's not the point. The argument was that you are misinterpreting the scriptures and that it doesn't matter anyway. I don't remember one person who contributed to this discussion who seriously thought Jesus was white. I never said he was white, Jonna never did, KrazyIvan, dunkleskates, JediMaster , and many more did not.(sorry, I don't feel like going back that far, you all know who you are)

Quit telling me to face the truth, Colonel. You're the one who needs to take a nice big look at reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Colonel
Ok, now that we agree that Jesus was black. Now, I will argue to you WHY its important.

You need to either quit smoking what ever it is that you have, or share it with the rest of us. It must be some anti-reality drug. No one agreed with you. There is a possibility that he was black, but we're still stuck on why it matters.

Even if the message was exactly the same, you wouldn't accept it because Jesus was is or may not be black? That is why people call you racist. Because color does matter to you. You, Colonel, are a very shallow, racist person.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

Colonel

There is a possibility that he was black, but we're still stuck on why it matters.

I answered you in the last post. READ!

Just because you say I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong because you haven't back up anything. You have just sat there and called me a racist and that I'm wrong. If you choose to adress any fo the scriptural doctrine that i have brougth forth, I would appreciate that.

If not, I am getting real tired you whining and saying I'm wrong with no doctrine, no proof, just nothing but rhetoric to support you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join