It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I would have to say he probably looked scared,bloody,tired and like he had a load in his pants.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would have to say he probably looked scared,bloody,tired and like he had a load in his pants.

ya your probably right

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Jesus looked more like the September 11th hi-jackers than Mel Gibson or whoever played that role in the film.

When will white America and Hollywood accept and recognize this fact?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
McGotti,

As I said in the early thread, the colour of Jesus' skin is irrelevant to me. The importance is in his message.

However, I do understand what you were talking about when you spoke of the Roman Empire/Holy Roman Empire/Catholic Church etc hijacking the religion. As you, Colonel and others have said, the thought of a black Jesus would not sit well with the ruling 'elite', hence the 'creation' of the well known picture of him based on Clovis I. The information about Clovis was not something that I had come across before, and was most interesting.

I still believe that Jesus would have looked similar to the current Palestinian people, and would have had brown skin. I also believe that the description of him in Revelations was symbolic.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
McGotti,

As I said in the early thread, the colour of Jesus' skin is irrelevant to me.

It's usually only irrelevant to white people.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

Originally posted by Pisky
McGotti,

As I said in the early thread, the colour of Jesus' skin is irrelevant to me.

It's usually only irrelevant to white people.

Or to those who care more for the person and his message than his skin colour.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
How do we know the message isn't a lie? Obvisously details like THE WAY THE MAN LOOKED are just boring oversights.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Um, do we have conclusive evidence Jesus even existed? Official written documents and the like?

I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember hearing/reading that Yeshua (Jesus' real name) was a common name around that time....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Something we all should realize....Arabs and Jews (even of the time) could and can range in skin tone from lightly tanned, to appearing black. Therefore, it is almost pointless to guess at skin tone... He is described as Jewish, king of the Jews, etc. That leaves an awful lot of range there...

I'm assuming, from context, such as not being instantly killed, etc. for his actions, that he was closer to tanned than black...but it's just an assumption from context, which is all we can do really....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Something we all should realize....BLACKS can range in skin tone from lightly tanned, to appearing black. Therefore, it is almost pointless to guess at skin tone... He is described as Jewish, king of the Jews, etc. AND BLACK.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Something we all should realize....BLACKS can range in skin tone from lightly tanned, to appearing black. Therefore, it is almost pointless to guess at skin tone... He is described as Jewish, king of the Jews, etc. AND BLACK.

Yes there are many different skin tones. I still wonder why most everyone thinks that it matters. Like it was stated earlier, is there any evidence that he existed. I mean, besides the bible, it could just be a story with lots of symoblism. I never really thought that any religious texts were to be taken literally or strictly.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
No, the Bible is true. It has even described UFOs (or what we would call UFOs). I believe when Daniel had a vision of the future, he was visited by Angels on discs(who were bronze in color---black) or what we would call UFOs.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't think all of it is false. Some of it must be exaggerated though. You know how stories change over time.

Many stories might be true, I do believe some of the things about the UFOs, but it might just be me wanting to believe that we're not the only intelligent life in our universe. If you strip everything down to it's basics then you might have a much closer version of the truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No, the Bible is true. It has even described UFOs (or what we would call UFOs). I believe when Daniel had a vision of the future, he was visited by Angels on discs(who were bronze in color---black) or what we would call UFOs.

LOL Bronze is far from Black, Now I got it your color blind that why you so stuck up on the color of things. People who discuss color and its relevance in the world are only segregating us more and helping the racists with there way of thinking. If you have REAL BALLS, you wouldn't say anything about color and people would be referred to by there names and actions. This is what EVERYONE NEEDS TO START DOING. If we ever have a chance of people living together.

But while we are on the subject. Forensic Studies Done on Skulls of people from the area of Galeia (sorry for the spelling) at the time the people looked alot like modern Palestinians look today, Except a little more full faced.

These are the top forensic people in the world, and they have proven them selves to on point everytime, (when they have done modern cases and then saw the pictures of the john does they recreated) This is pretty much fact.

Also a side note. Peoples skin color, in only different because of climate and surroundings over 1000's of years. So when you say he is black or white or alien , are you just saying he's from this climate or are you trying to claim him for your race. If you are Jesus would look upon you with pity.

Side note 2, 1000 years from now all the Dark skinned people in NYC and north will become lighter because of Climate and the all the White rednecks down south will become Black... IF that aint God telling ya to Shut the # up you pieces of human #, then I don't know what is..

Peace, for you are all my brothers

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

LOL Bronze is far from Black, Now I got it your color blind that why you so stuck up on the color of things. People who discuss color and its relevance in the world are only segregating us more and helping the racists with there way of thinking. If you have REAL BALLS, you wouldn't say anything about color and people would be referred to by there names and actions. This is what EVERYONE NEEDS TO START DOING. If we ever have a chance of people living together.

Peace, for you are all my brothers

Survey says.........ERRRR! WRONG!

Main Entry: 2bronze
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French, from Italian bronzo
1 a : an alloy of copper and tin and sometimes other elements b : any of various copper-base alloys with little or no tin
2 : a sculpture or artifact of bronze
3 : a moderate yellowish brown

meriam-webster.com...

You people like to make stuff up. These half-assed lies purporting as the gospel truth. Its just astonishing. Astonishing!

You just go ahead with the rest of the Chiristian Snake handlers, the Christian Coalition, and Jerry Falwell with the 700 Club and believe in your false Christ when it plainly says what color Jesus wasin the Bible!

Keep believeing that Killer Bush is God's Agent on earth.

Keep believing the lie.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
wonders if Jesus was a dreadlock rastarfari????

I think that this might be true. I remember a passage that said something about long lock. Plus jews used to grow lock and wouldn't cut them unless they completed there spritual awarenesss or someone close ot them dieed.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a moderate yellowish brown

Lol we know you know what moderate means don't ya lol sound to me they are describing what a modern Palestinian looks like.. Go look at Roman Armor that's bronze, if your gonna make colors up and anything close to tan is a black man then since I tan very well in the summer , guess I am to, because I get that nice bronze color. LOL dude you logic kills me. Your such a racist and you think your righteous lol.. And you have the ball to quote the bible and say everyone else is racist.

In my neck of the woods thats called Playa hatin..

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

LOL LOL LOL LOL

See there you go man that's how you make a point.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a moderate yellowish brown

Lol we know you know what moderate means don't ya lol sound to me they are describing what a modern Palestinian looks like.. Go look at Roman Armor that's bronze, if your gonna make colors up and anything close to tan is a black man then since I tan very well in the summer , guess I am to, because I get that nice bronze color. LOL dude you logic kills me. Your such a racist and you think your righteous lol.. And you have the ball to quote the bible and say everyone else is racist.

In my neck of the woods thats called Playa hatin..

Oh, this is just a bunch of crap! I get Webster's dictionary for the definition and this guy wants to make stuff up! Palestinaeans are not yellow nor do they have wooly hair! Why is it SO HARD to say Jesus was black for you? Why is that so hard????? WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. FACE THE PROBLEM!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

If you have REAL BALLS, you wouldn't say anything about color and people would be referred to by there names and actions.

Your right and since "Jesus" wasn't his name what should we refer to him as. His title the christ. That's like calling some one the pope and him of ever being remembered as the pope. Evn though there was more than one person that called themsleves the pope

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join