It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Funny story, I was sitting in psych today and we were all show certain images at different angles and then our perception was judged, well there was this one porcelain figurine of moses and someone who got only the sight of it from behind said he thought it could have been jesus, then everyone was like "Jesus doesnt have white hair" and all I could hear was this thread yelling "hair white as wool!!!" then I automatically said, its possible, have you ever thought jesus could have been black and everyone just started laughing, said day for thought in my opinion.

As you see the devil is deep in the temple of God for everyone to laugh at the truth. Not to even consider but laugh means that there will be a reckoning when Jesus does come.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm so tired today I don't feel like reading this whole thread....I'm just gonna jump in with my 2 cents falling out of my pocket
Hey Colonel !!

If you want a picture of Christ, do you want it as He was upon earth or as He is now in heaven? If you want a picture of Him as He was upon earth, you have quite a problem. There was no picture of Him painted. The so-called pictures of Christ that are present today are from the imaginations of the artists. That is why there are so many different pictures. Not one of them is a true picture. So every time you say this or that is a picture of Christ, you are uttering a lie. You cannot teach truth by a lie. Christ is the Truth and surely He would not want the use of a false means to point to Him. Christ abhors lies and falsehoods.
www.rapidnet.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree and it is the picture that has the world ensnared

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
However this part of the link:

Here is a thing to consider. Nowhere in the Bible, either in the Old Testament or New Testament, is there a physical description of Christ. Isn't that strange if God wanted to use the picture of Christ in spreading the Gospel or in worship, that we are not told whether Christ was tall or short, fair or dark, light or dark hair, blue eves or brown eyes?

Is a lie.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
OK.......................

I think he looks like YOU

( I have a very vivid imagination! )

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus
OK.......................

I think he looks like YOU

( I have a very vivid imagination! )

Thank you. I'm touched.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why does it matter what Jesus looked like?? All that matters is the person he was inside. No point in trying to figure out what Jesus looked like because it does not matter and it is almost impossible to know what he looked like.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You first mention this:

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
He could have been black, but can you concede that he could have been arabic as well?

Nope, if he were Middle Eastern then he would be a descendant of Ishmael and not Jacob.

And then, a few posts later, you agree he was either arabic or of african decent... which one is it?

See, I'm one of those guys who doesn't care in color. We are, after all, of one race. Christ's color doesn't change what he taught.

To nit-pick, and fight over, something as trivial as this... doesn't it go against the Christ himself?

*EDIT- If Egyptians were black, their illustrations of themselves would have been black. They were detail orientated, remember? They may have been dark-skinned, but not 'black', as associated with deep Africa.

You have to remember, too, that the Bible is written by the Man... any discrepancies in the appearence of Jesus is just another example of oppression.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
wtf difference does it make? thats what i want to know. i accecpt christ as my lord and savior and i do not care what color he was. its the messages that he brought that matter. colonel is using the race card to try and get one up on "whitey" by saying jesus was black. thats all

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Jow many damn times do I have to answer the same damn question to you numb nuts? I have answered WHY his race is important SO MANY DAMN TIMES but you all just seem to gloss over it because you KNOW it matters so we'll just OVERLOOK that part of what the Colonel says. Damn, its like talkin to retards!

And Soothsayer the people in the heiroglyphs were black. Look in the "Jesus was a black man" thread in ATS to see them.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
wtf difference does it make? thats what i want to know. i accecpt christ as my lord and savior and i do not care what color he was. its the messages that he brought that matter. colonel is using the race card to try and get one up on "whitey" by saying jesus was black. thats all

Oh, and what is this "message" that you are talking about? I sit the message that he would doesn't bring peace but a sword? Is it the messagfe that he will come in judgment and kill a lot of people? What "message" is this?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
THIS IS BLACK

Bronze/Arabic/Toast... those could be in the same group as light tan to dark brown.

White is the color of my legs when spring rolls around... gaustly sight, that is.

Now, if people were to say Jesus was Caucasian, I would say no.

If he was Arabic, I'd say more than likely.

If he was African, possible, but not as likely as Arabic.

I've tried reading this thread through its entire-ty, but couldn't take it anymore... it's like those old Bud commercials. 'Less filling, tastes great!'. Both sides are arguing the same thing over and over!

Jesus was NOT black. The last BLACK person I saw was on some old paint-face movie. Is this just me trying to cut straws? You bet.

Now, I can see where Col is coming from; I'll admit that. The Catholic Church has done many things, and has kept things from its people for many years. I can very easily see them ignoring the image of Jesus being Arabic because of the Islamic/Muslems issue. The Church took a very important figure, and corrupted his IMAGE to suit there needs. It may be all subconscious, but it was done none-the-less.

Jesus was not caucasian. But he wasn't black, either.

Chances are that Jesus was Arabic, or of another Mediterranian descent. And, yes, he could have been born light tan, matching the people of the area... but also, being a carpenter... chances are that he worked outside alot, becoming darker because of tanning. Hell, he may have become "burnt" a few times, too. I don't think they had sun block back then.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
..a similar statement from Lysergic to one I made some time ago that should end this and make REAL Christians rest and non-believers go away.....

Lysergic said-

Man I think he looked middle eastern, because you know those statues that were found from ancient sumeria, they didn't really look black to me, but they really didn't look white, crazy persian-arab looking, imo.

I am always open to the possibility he had green flesh tones. I mean if you are a Christian, and you believe he died for your sins, what does his physical features matter? A true follower would be albe to know christ in any form he could take.

Did Jesus say anything about being discriminated against because of his color? No.
His message would have indicted him then just as it would now regardless of his ethnicity or color.

It is the message that counts. Not his Birth. Not his color.
It is His death for our sins that bears the weight and reason of his coming.
I agree with colonel that common sense says he must have been (logically) a non-nordic, bronze, brown, tan, whatever color tone man....I also must disagree with the tone of the assertion- this is why Jesus did not want us talking about this diviseve issue maybe?????

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic

I agree with colonel that common sense says he must have been (logically) a non-nordic, bronze, brown, tan, whatever color tone man....I also must disagree with the tone of the assertion- this is why Jesus did not want us talking about this diviseve issue maybe?????

Could someone tell me what this "message" is?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Could someone tell me what this "message" is?

The message is this:

You can be granted everlasting life by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior and believing he rose from the dead after three days for your sins.............

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Im not trying to redirect traffic on this vital issue but I must make you aware of a new theory on the savior.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Im not trying to redirect traffic on this vital issue but I must make you aware of a new theory on the savior.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Jow many damn times do I have to answer the same damn question to you numb nuts? I have answered WHY his race is important SO MANY DAMN TIMES but you all just seem to gloss over it because you KNOW it matters so we'll just OVERLOOK that part of what the Colonel says. Damn, its like talkin to retards!

And Soothsayer the people in the heiroglyphs were black. Look in the "Jesus was a black man" thread in ATS to see them.

race isnt important. ill say it again. your only trying to get one up on whitey!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Oh, and what is this "message" that you are talking about? I sit the message that he would doesn't bring peace but a sword? Is it the messagfe that he will come in judgment and kill a lot of people? What "message" is this?

messages numb nuts. its all there! race dont make a #ing difference.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The message is this:

You can be granted everlasting life by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior and believing he rose from the dead after three days for your sins.............

So, if we believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, I guess its ok with Jesus to have an imposter that everyone believes died for him right? I guess its ok with Jesus to have ANOTHER man, Cesare Borgia---a criminal, impersonate him as the one who died for our sins and rose from the dead. I guess that's ok with Jesus, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join