It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't see anything specific about MLK in the bible. What I do see is a quote that is open to interpretation. But there you go again, twisting the literal to fit your own beliefs....after insulting me for doing so.

I win, you lose.

Debate over.

need I say more......... no.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
But, I leqve you on this note.....Do you know anyone ELSE that has said "I have a dream. I have a dream?"

www.allan2004.com...
Here's one

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Time to teach the lost again...

Definitely a humorous situation to watch you quote the bible so fervently Colonel.

Ok then, you still can't follow my points I have made with proven fact and you still believe that you're dead-on right about your literal following of the bible. No problem. Just to PROVE your hypocrisy, I can switch gears and beat you with your own argument. Not only that, but this will be fun to.

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

Hmmm...ever broke this one? Remember, God knows....

1 Corinthians 6:2
Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?

You judge all here with, and I quote..."righteous anger". So you don't even follow what your spewing, just in the last couple days? Now who here is a hypocrite? Who isn't practicing what he preaches?

More?

1 Corinthians 10:12
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.

Take heed. I know you are the self-proclaimed source of knowledge for the bible.

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

Hmmm...I have plenty of witnesses on this. No preaching necessary on this.

How about now that I have PROVEN you are a hypocrite using your own argument, now I guess I'll prove what God thinks about that too...
Luke 6:41
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Luke 6:42
"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

My, my...you are just racking them up, are you not? Bring your "A" game?

And now to the dream speech. You get pushed back some and now your "head is simply not in the game"? I thought you "play to win"?

Fine, let me move to your dream speech. Yep, I know it. How about...
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
You don't believe that clearly, so you don't even follow more of what you spew. How much of a joke is that?
And finally, just to clarify...the quote you make "I have a dream. I have a dream." really is nobody. During the speech the closest Dr. King says is "I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together."

You don't even know the speech. Now that is the best joke of all. Let me suggest you read it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I Have a Dream Speech

Here, I'll make it easy for you to find so you can point us to the quote.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
wow, i leave this thread for 2 days, and it still hasn't changed. Colonel is still shouting "rhetoric" while condemning others for it, spouting scripture and telling you what the correct interpretation is, twisting words for his own convinience, telling anyone who disagrees with him that they will go to hell for not practising and believing all of his religious beliefs. and still, there are a few intelligent souls proving him wrong at every turn. it's nice to see you guys don't need my help.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think the MLK idea is a bit far fetched.

From Time magazine:

"To begin with, King was a preacher who spoke in biblical cadences ideally suited to leading a stride toward freedom that found its inspiration in the Old Testament story of the Israelites and the New Testament gospel of Jesus Christ."

I think it is safe to say that it is easier to believe that King got his inspiration from the bible, rather than the bible being profetic about King.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Zed: I think its rather blasphemous for you to use the bible to attack me just by using one lines that have no reference to anything when I am trying trying to prove the truth of Jesus Christ.

Even tho you attack me, you STLL haven't proven me wrong on the truth of Jesus Christ. Furthermore, this film is blasphemous in that it propogates the lie of old that Jesus was white which the western world used to conquer nations all over the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Even tho you attack me, you STLL haven't proven me wrong on the truth of Jesus Christ. Furthermore, this film is blasphemous in that it propogates the lie of old that Jesus was white which the western world used to conquer nations all over the world.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

Explain this to me. How did they use his "whiteness" as justification to conquer?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It's been happening forever.

Case in point: When the Romans conquered Greece, the Romans adopted their gods and converted them into their own likeness, changing their names and the like. Now, when they realized that Jesus was the Son of God, they CHANGED the Most High's visage to suit them---just as they have always done.

Now, on to conquering, they took this false visage of Christ and travelled the world with missionaries and guns and said with the false image, "Here is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Most High, he is all love and he looks like me. So, I am like him. Submit."

So, they submitted or were killed. Then, the conquerers could kill, pillage, and enslave more because they were working for the Lord and the Church. So, their work was "holy."

Isn't that how it went?

That's why the race of this false christ matters.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
from reading your posts in this and the other thread of the same topic, it appears that the race of this "false christ" matters only to you because you feel the need to push your religious beliefs on people much like the christians that you condemn for the same thing.

you ridicule the christians of the missionary times for pushing their messiah on others, and telling them "worship our christ, or go to hell". isn't this exactly what you're doing here?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
you ridicule the christians of the missionary times for pushing their messiah on others, and telling them "worship our christ, or go to hell". isn't this exactly what you're doing here?

Isn't that what happened?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Let's look at what the prophet Daniel said:

Daniel 8

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Let's look at what the prophet Daniel said:

Daniel 8

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

And let's look at this line:

he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes;

Seems that's where the false christ becomes the imposter for the real.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And you make assumptions about what you don't know. And you're willing ot gamble your enternal soul for it. The Bible's prophecies have already come true.

you condemn people for making assumption about what they don't know, and say they risk going to hell, then say things like this:

Revelation 1:13: "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle."
Revelation 1:14: "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;"
Revelation 1:15: "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters."
Upon seeing Christ, John describes the hair on his head and face being white like wool. He then describes Christ's eyes (the white part) as being red according to the prophecy. Genesis 49:12: "His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk." Then John describes the color of Christ's feet is like brass (golden brown), as if they were burned in a furnace (meaning very dark) and his voice was loud like the roaring waters.

Skeptics try to argue that COLOR is not in the Bible or historically and biblically it does not matter when it relates to Christ's ethnic appearance, however the prophet Daniel saw a vision of the Israelites' Messiah, Jesus.

Daniel 10:5: "Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:"
Daniel 10:6: "His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude."

Please notice that Daniel has the same exact description of Christ as the Apostle John and stresses the COLOR of his arms and feet!

first, you assume john is referring to the whites of jesus's eyes, of which the scripture goes into no detail. then when it says his head and hairs were "white like wool" you assume that it is referring to texture and not color.

lets review this sentence fragment:

"white like wool"

white is the adjective, the word which describes the nouns, his head and hairs. wool is the reference noun, which is used to describe how white his head and hairs were. if it was referring to texture, it would have read

"curly(replace with any other adverb or adjective that describes the texture of wool) like wool"

and i dont know how many times i must stress that brass, whther polished or burned in an oven, looks like this:

www.koscoflags.com...

now can you honesty say that any of these have the same color as the skin of a black man? looks much more arabian to me, which would make more sense as Jebus was born in the middle east.

but instead of taking the scripture literally, like you claim you do, you make your own assumptions and interpretations, and present them in a fashion that supports your claim.

i think you realized you were wrong long ago, but because of your pride(isn't that one of those deadly sins?), you will not admit defeat.

so you tell others that they will go to hell for believing in a jesus that isn't black because you believe they are worshiping a false christ. i suppose you oughta go repent or confess, or whatever your religious beliefs require of you, unless you want to go to hell for your sin of pride.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Isn't that what happened?

yes, that's exactly what they did. and im not referring to what you profess to be truth, that they pushed a white jesus on people who believed in a black jesus, i mean in general, pushing jesus on people with beliefs in other gods and religions. just because i know they pushed their false christ(the white one with long brown hair and a beard) on others, doesn't mean the real jesus was black, and jesus not being white doesn't mean he is black. i don't know how many times i must explain that your biblical references do not show evidence of a black jesus, but an arabian one.

and by saying this, are you admitting to pushing your idea of jesus on others? does this not make you just as bad as them?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
doesn't the colonel want to defend his "truth"? if you know so strongly that your beliefs are correct, they shouldn't be too tough to prove, should they?

Or maybe he has finally accepted that he is wrong, as unbelievable as that may seem.

come on colonel, dont leave me hanging. im starting to enjoy proving you wrong and exposing your hypocritical bigotry and racism.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is where the majority of Colonels info comes from.

Tyrone Biggums.

Explains a lot of his bull#.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And you make assumptions about what you don't know. And you're willing ot gamble your enternal soul for it. The Bible's prophecies have already come true.

you condemn people for making assumption about what they don't know, and say they risk going to hell, then say things like this:

Revelation 1:13: "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle."
Revelation 1:14: "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;"
Revelation 1:15: "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters."
Upon seeing Christ, John describes the hair on his head and face being white like wool. He then describes Christ's eyes (the white part) as being red according to the prophecy. Genesis 49:12: "His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk." Then John describes the color of Christ's feet is like brass (golden brown), as if they were burned in a furnace (meaning very dark) and his voice was loud like the roaring waters.

Skeptics try to argue that COLOR is not in the Bible or historically and biblically it does not matter when it relates to Christ's ethnic appearance, however the prophet Daniel saw a vision of the Israelites' Messiah, Jesus.

Daniel 10:5: "Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:"
Daniel 10:6: "His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude."

Please notice that Daniel has the same exact description of Christ as the Apostle John and stresses the COLOR of his arms and feet!

first, you assume john is referring to the whites of jesus's eyes, of which the scripture goes into no detail. then when it says his head and hairs were "white like wool" you assume that it is referring to texture and not color.

lets review this sentence fragment:

"white like wool"

white is the adjective, the word which describes the nouns, his head and hairs. wool is the reference noun, which is used to describe how white his head and hairs were. if it was referring to texture, it would have read

"curly(replace with any other adverb or adjective that describes the texture of wool) like wool"

and i dont know how many times i must stress that brass, whther polished or burned in an oven, looks like this:

www.koscoflags.com...

now can you honesty say that any of these have the same color as the skin of a black man? looks much more arabian to me, which would make more sense as Jebus was born in the middle east.

but instead of taking the scripture literally, like you claim you do, you make your own assumptions and interpretations, and present them in a fashion that supports your claim.

i think you realized you were wrong long ago, but because of your pride(isn't that one of those deadly sins?), you will not admit defeat.

so you tell others that they will go to hell for believing in a jesus that isn't black because you believe they are worshiping a false christ. i suppose you oughta go repent or confess, or whatever your religious beliefs require of you, unless you want to go to hell for your sin of pride.

colonel, i think you were just taken to school. want some ice for the brun?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
dunkleskates: I am so tired of explaining this. Even your pictures that you brought to prove me wrong, PROVE YOU WRONG.

Cause see, if you compare the color of the nail in the top picture to the picutre of Dave Chappel that that idiot brought to insult me you will see a close similarity.

Then, with the hair white like wool....oh, well.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But, continue to be racist. That's ok with me. I know that it is beyond you to worship anything with a black skin---even if it is the Son of God, hence the false image of Christ. But, its not like anything has changed over the thousands of centuries.

There will be just reward for this.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Colonel]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join