It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did jesus look like??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok after the untimely end to the original thread for reason I still have not been informed about I decieded to revive this thread here becuase I feel the implications are astounding!!

I have found that instead of having a intellectual conversation about the real color of jesus most people would rather just start yelling about morons and satanists.

Ok ...so now instead of what color was jesus?.......how about why peo-ple got so offensive when the topic was simply brought up for the sake of debate.

As I sated proplably over 15 times during the original thread the idea of it was not JUST to figure out what color jesus was but to find out WHY people believe he was the color he was.

It appeared that many many people became extremly confuesed about this and called it a waste of time...how it is a waste of time ill never know ...honestley...

If people do not see that christianity has been used for centuries by rich white elite to control and spread their power across the globe then they are truley cluelles as to what they realy have faith in the first place.

If the documents and phrases are so vauge that we cannot not even GUESS at the color of jesus besides the fact of the area in which he lived shows that things may have been hiddin in order for the elite in control of the vatican to continue on in this fashion.

Show some evidence he was arab,jew,black,white,jamacian...the fact is you cant becuase there is almost nothing to go on..

why is that?? did jesus do this on purpose??? I doubt it although I am open to that idea..

I think its much more plausible that his true identity has been clouded for reasons of power and wealth.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
images.search.yahoo.com... Here are some pictures but this is sad that you dont know.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by AD5673]

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That is not Jesus. That's just some guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Jesus was most likely dark skinned (more arab looking or black).. This would make sense due to the geographic region he was born and lived in..

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here are some pictures but this is sad that you dont know.

you wanna know whats sad????

the fact I can type in "jesus" and get pages full of pictures of him yet there is no accurate discription in the bible of him to accuratly make a picture of him...

thats what is sad....

the deceit is what is sad....how many children will see the picture of white jesus and grow up to be like alot of other people who call others morons and satanist for looking for the truth about jesus..

the devil is indeed at work and he doesnt want you to examine your faith for the truth and not the lies..

lies are from the devil....If somebody I ask replies that jesus is white..well then I would say that the devil got to him before jesus ever did..!!!

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Jesus appearing Black or Arabic/Jewish makes the most sense to me.

If you study European art depicting Christianity through the ages, it was common to put Christ in a context that Europeans could relate to.....often based on their respective social class. Financial and social status being the guidelines along with a visual depiction of Jesus that they could deal with.

I have often seen ancient European potraits of a baby Jesus clad in rich clothing in extravagant surroundings........the same Jesus born in the manger among the animals...? Not in their minds.

So it makes sense to me that Europeans would portray Jesus as caucasian.

There are probably lots of other ideas, but that is my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
wonders if Jesus was a dreadlock rastarfari????

I have no problems discussing Jesus's color, I do believe he was the color of the Arabs that live in that region. It makes no difference to me, GOD has many children and he made them all different.

why he is portrayed as caucasian is because of the Church couldn't not stand to see an Arab looking man, who looks like the Muslims and other so called Heretics from East being the messenger of their religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yeah the church changed him to white so the followers would better identify..

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'd imagine Jesus was a dark-skinned man.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
why he is portrayed as caucasian is because of the Church couldn't not stand to see an Arab looking man, who looks like the Muslims and other so called Heretics from East being the messenger of their religion.

I complety agree...and now those same people who couldnt stand for an arab looking jesus to be in EVERY church across the world has become a super power and are in complete control of the U.S. social system.

Its not that I disagree with christains having power..its just that its their leaders that changed the appearence of jesus so that they can consolidate the power within the white power system.

Am I wrong in thinking that the White,christian elite have domintated our country and world for the last 5- 600 years???

I understand that alot of christians are not as worried about his color as they are about what he preached and stood for,But the people who have spread his word have also been some of the most violent,careless,power hungry ,wealth drivin people that this world has ever seen.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Jesus was most likely dark skinned (more arab looking or black).. This would make sense due to the geographic region he was born and lived in..

THAT IS BULL#!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
How do you figure it's bull#?

He probably was arab looking. They didn't have fancy jets back then taking people all over the world. People were mostly limited to where they could go.

If he was white (ish) he was probably greek looking at best.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
""But the people who have spread his word have also been some of the most violent,careless,power hungry ,wealth drivin people that this world has ever seen.""

I agree with this as well. As a non-practicing Christian, I was taught that Jesus's teachings were about 100% non-violence and forgiveness. It astounds me when I hear a "Christian" praying to Jesus to smite the unpure! ie. gays, other religions, sinners.....etc.

Some people missed his point completely.

""why he is portrayed as caucasian is because of the Church couldn't not stand to see an Arab looking man, who looks like the Muslims and other so called Heretics from East being the messenger of their religion. ""

That was also based on the European experience of The Crusades. How could the people they warred with be related to their savior? They would not be able to swallow that!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

THAT IS BULL#!!!!!

Why?

They were talking about this on TV the other day and what they said made sense.

They said he was probibly a dark skined male about 5'3" and about 110 pounds.

Why?

Because that was the avarage man in that area at that time.

One thing I seriously doubt is that he was a blonde haired blue eyed white guy.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Show some evidence he was arab,jew,black,white,jamacian...the fact is you cant becuase there is almost nothing to go on..

why is that?? did jesus do this on purpose??? I doubt it although I am open to that idea..

I think its much more plausible that his true identity has been clouded for reasons of power and wealth.

Ok, I have been reading a plethora of posts regarding how everybody is to blame for your thread, blah, blah, blah...

As I have been asking for many times over in a very relaxed way, is to have you do the same as you state above. In one of your other threads you claim that there are hypocrites here, yet you cannot do what you keep flaming people for....which is show some facts supporting your views.

I guess you are more content to cry foul and get special treatment than to actually back your own claims.

Just one shred of proof? Just one? You ask others to do it...why not you? And for the record, I believe he was dark. But that is a belief and not an open challenge about race the way you make it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
That is not Jesus. That's just some guy.

you make me laugh you #ing idoit! jesus was not black either. if anytying he looked like an a-rab.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Ok, I have been reading a plethora of posts regarding how everybody is to blame for your thread, blah, blah, blah...

As I have been asking for many times over in a very relaxed way, is to have you do the same as you state above. In one of your other threads you claim that there are hypocrites here, yet you cannot do what you keep flaming people for....which is show some facts supporting your views.

I guess you are more content to cry foul and get special treatment than to actually back your own claims.

Just one shred of proof? Just one? You ask others to do it...why not you? And for the record, I believe he was dark. But that is a belief and not an open challenge about race the way you make it.

I have provided some proof..atleast enough for the sake of discussion...alot of people here were there so its ovious that you did not read the part about how most people keep saying that jesus looked like a jew.That was the only description ..just a "jew"..

well I was the one that brought fourth the proof that there were black jews...Not only are there black jews living in SOUTH AFRICA,Their bloodline,when examined by scientists revealed that the blood of one particular group of african jews,that their bloodline was closer to the the orignal jew DNA[rabbis] then most of the regualr jews in israel.

If you NEED me to..I will find the exact page in which this part was brought up and we discussed this.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe the Black Jews you are referring to are Ethiopian.
Ethiopia's relationship to Palestine and Israel goes back thousands of years.
King Solomon's mines, etc. I remember reading an article on the DNA testing. Very compelling stuff.

Israel's airforce airlifted about 10,000 Ethiopian Jews out to Israel when things in Ethiopia got out of hand.

One or two of the wisemen or the kings who went to see Jesus when he was born were Ethiopian. (not totally sure, but someone correct me if I am wrong)

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I have provided some proof..atleast enough for the sake of discussion...alot of people here were there so its ovious that you did not read the part about how most people keep saying that jesus looked like a jew. That was the only description ..just a "jew"..

well I was the one that brought fourth the proof that there were black jews...Not only are there black jews living in SOUTH AFRICA,Their bloodline,when examined by scientists revealed that the blood of one particular group of african jews,that their bloodline was closer to the the orignal jew DNA[rabbis] then most of the regualr jews in israel.

If you NEED me to..I will find the exact page in which this part was brought up and we discussed this.

Well, there you go. I will be the first to say sorry I missed that somehow. THAT definately makes a a solid point.

An you know, I guess that goes with the whole "jew" comment people made so often. You stated that I did not catch that people were saying that and you were right. I suppose it depends on the picture in your head when someone mentions "jew". Mine was not the same as others and I forgot that.

Anyway, I appreciate the point you made and what Facefirst said too. And for the record, I agree with you that proof about a white jesus would be improbable.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Did you find the Link to pbs where it talked about what I mentioned??

I originally got the idea from pbs and jsut happened to remember it so I stated it and the did a search about it and it went on from there.

Im glad you realized that there was SOMe proof..at least enough for a discussion to take place.That shows your mature and have an open mind.

I will look for the thread page that has the link if you are interested...its a good read regardless of the reason for reading it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join