It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing meat without growing animals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There is an alternative already available to those PETAfiles who object to eating animals.

I understand that the Rich are abundant in vitamins and minerals and delicious. The simple solution is to go the all natural way, and eat the rich and objectionable!

For a healthy snack try PETA Poppers The smaller variety of the wealthy and objectionable.

Remember: Never eat a pauper when you can have a PETA Popper!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Yeah, but most of them are skinny and lethargic looking. They're probably more tough than tender. I suppose their bones are probably good for soup though.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Since the topic of this thread has inevitably drifted across poverty and the need to feed the swelling population, I submit this...

Poverty does indeed have a cure

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

The idea of this just makes my stomach turn. We know nothing about what this type of altercation to cells might do to humans, let alone the ick factor. And to me, it seems the world is scrambling for new ways to feed the people. Strange times indeed.

www.slate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Interesting, this could solve many hunger problems all around the world.

I think it is the future. Think for a moment, if they could put in all the nutrients you need in a days time, into one meal, that is where we are moving towards. Interesting to say in the least.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Looks like everyone is just about even, on whether it is okay and a good idea, or gross and shouldn't be messed with. I won't eat it. Ever ever ever. But if it solves a world hunger or even one small nation's food problem I suppose it is a good thing.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I really can't imagine them being able to do this economically on a large scale, and I couldn't imagine eating meat grown in a vat or petrit dish.

as opposed to meat grown in a dirty pen or cage..? I'll choose the sanitary petri dish thnx.

the meat non-vegetarians eat for the most part tastes the way it tastes because of flavoring from spices in the processing... for the MOST part..

tbones and flanks... imagine the surprise on the customer's face when the candid camera crew jumps out and says... you were aaaactually just served meatplant flank.. NOT the standard commercial brand!.. and you couldn't even tell the difference!

hell.. let the technology develop.

soon you'll be able to have some.. tree growing eggplant looking "pods" growing in your back yard .. and slice a nice side off it and bbq it up.
and imagine if it tasted 10 times better than your grass fed counterparts.

i correct myself..
that is .. if you're elite .. and have a ticket to a survival bunker suite with artificial sunlight lighting.. and personal cave-garden.... come planet x / saturn/lucifer rings of 7/7/08

-

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join