It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious death of Pope John Paul I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
From the time of his death, I (and many others) have wondered about the circumstances surrounding the premature demise of Pope John Paul I. I recently discovered a couple of websites that discuss these in some detail, and include the relevant information and links here.

David Yallop wrote, in his book In God's Name, that the precise circumstances attending the discovery of the body of John Paul I "eloquently demonstrate that the Vatican practiced a disinformation campaign." The Vatican told one lie after another: "Lies about little things, lies about big things. All these lies had but one purpose: to disguise the fact that Albino Luciani, Pope John Paul I, had been assassinated." Pope Luciani "received the palm of martyrdom because of his convictions ...

David Yallop reconstructs the actions of Cardinal Villot and paints a very suspicious portrait. It is reported that at 5:00 a.m. Cardinal Villot confirmed the Holy Father's death. The Pope's glasses, slippers, and will disappeared, "none of these items has ever been seen again." Speculation is that there may have been vomit on the slippers, which if examined would identify poison as the cause of death.

Cardinal Villot (or an aide) telephoned the embalmers and a Vatican car was sent to fetch them. Incredibly, the car was at their door at 5:00 a.m.! What ensued in the following hour is still a mystery.

It was not until 6:00 a.m. that Dr. Buzzonati (not Professor Fontana, the head of the Vatican medical service), arrived and confirmed the death, without drawing up a death certificate. Dr. Buzzonati attributed the death to acute myocardial infarction (heart attack).

At about 6:30 a.m. Villot began to inform the cardinals, an hour and a half after the embalmers had arrived! Yallop notes that, for Cardinal Villot, the embalmers took precedence over the cardinals and the head of the Vatican medical service.

By 6 p.m. that evening, the Papal Apartments had been entirely polished and washed. Yallop writes that the secretaries packed up and carried away the Pope's clothes, "including his letters, notes, books and a small handful of personal mementos.... By 6:00 p.m., the entire 19 rooms of the Papal Apartments were totally bereft of anything remotely associated with the Papacy of Luciani."

Villot arranged for the embalming to be performed that evening, a procedure as unusual as it was illegal. Why the rush? It is also reported that during the embalming it was insisted that no blood was to be drained from the body, and neither were any of the organs to be removed. Yallop notes that "a small quantity of blood would of course have been more than sufficient for a forensic scientist to establish the presence of any poisonous substances."

The strange events following the Pope's death points to something other than death by natural causes. The question is 'If John Paul I was murdered ... why ?'

The "Smiling Pope," as he was affectionately called was born Albino Luciani ... He was warm, humble and had no aspirations for the papacy ... He was on a mission to reverse the Church's position on contraception, cleaning up the Vatican bank and dismissing many Masonic cardinals.

The P-2 Lodge, as it was called, was founded in 1877 to provide for provincial Freemasons - known as Propaganda Due (P-2). It became a secret lodge in 1970 to recruit men of right-wing persuasion to prevent a Communist takeover. It was involved in a financial scandal and its offices were raided and membership lists were found. Many heads of the Italian State services, government officials, police chiefs, businessmen, journalists etc. were listed. This organization was disbanded but still operated secretly. In fact, they are still operating within Vatican circles to this very day ...

He was about to make a series of dismissals and new appointments and remove those accused of financial and other misdeeds. All this has been construed as a motive for his murder.

But there is more ...

The Vatican Bank (or The Institute for Works of Religion - IOR), was personally owned and operated by the Pope and made loans to religious projects all over the world. It was discovered that the bank exploited its high status and engaged in risky speculation and illegal schemes, including money laundering. Money was invested with Robert Calvi, head of the bank in Milan. He was eventually convicted for currency fraud in 1981 - (over $1.3 billion dollars was missing from bank funds). Calvi fled to England where he was found dead, hanging from a bridge in London ...

Various other strange deaths occurred after the death of John Paul I. These included: The murder of Judge Emillio Alessandrini, a magistrate investigating the Banco Ambrosiano activities. Calvi and Sindona have close ties to the Vatican. The murder of Nino Pecorelli, an investigative journalist, exposing membership and dealings of the Freemason's P-2 group. And the murder of Lt. Col. Antonio Varisco, head of Rome's security service also investigating the activities of the P-2 group. There are many more.

A recent poll determined that 30% of Italians are convinced that John Paul I was murdered. That is 15 Million people in one country.

How many others are there all over the world ?

The murder of Pope John Paul I
The Mysterious Death of Pope John Paul I

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Just thought I would bump this back up to the top as the investigation into Roberto Calvi (God's Banker) is being re-opened today following the theft of some documents on hs mysterious death. Calvi was a member of P2, and also the number one of Italy's leading Bank at the time.

You can find a list of the members of P2 here(www.amnistia.net...), interestingly you will find the Italian Primeminister on there, Silvio Berlusconi.....

Calvi was found dead, hanged from the underside of Blackfriars Bridge in the city of London. His pockets were filled with �15,000.00 and some broken bricks. It is said he was 'whacked' by the mob following his less than honest misappropriation of mafia cash.

Will be interesting to see how it develops.

B

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by benjj]

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by benjj]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No one replied to this thread until three months after it was posted? Interesting.

I do also believe Luciani was a good, humble man.

He's the JFK of the Vatican. He was a good man who was conspired to be murdered because of his good intentions.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
More good men die at the hands of good men than in the mist of God.

G

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
How did I miss this the first time?

Pisky, thanks for a great post.
I often wondered about JPI and his very short papacy. Very weird, indeed. .
I thought the Church didn't really allow Masons to be active..am I missing something here??

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Really, really neat post, Pisky.

Was it an inside job?

The whole Catholic Church is something I find incredibly interesting; it strikes me as almost occult. Very neat.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Most Catholics think he was murdered , and indeed there are people such as cardinals that are in the mafia and are Masons they are more than rumours , the catholic Church is so giagantic that it is not surprizing when infiltrators come in . Yes being a Mason will automatically make you get kicked out of the church but powerful men can hide the fact , if you want real facts on the inside go on Keetings website, it is kind of churchy but there is a lot of controversial new world order stuff about the leadership in the church keeting is an investigative reporter that states only researched facts even though she writes some things negative about the church she is very devout like Mel Gibson. I am a devout Catholic and I have seen reports of a pope in the 1960's and 70's that was taken over by an imposter and then probably killed , read Kathleen keating's books and her personal advisor's books father martin , he was an excorsist , a very famous Jesuit in the Vatican that quit because of certain elements involved , he has books about that , but my favorite book is on excorsism called Hostage to the devil , do not read this book if you are not strong , a NY policeman has continued his work on writing down excorsism as he participates in performing them. Fr Martin died 2 years ago of mysterious causes probably because of his books, Kathlee keeting , (not the massage therapist) mysteriously dropped from the web in december.

Read alot of good stuff and open your eyes.

LEON

LEON

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

�We will go back, My child, in history, a short history, and remember well what had happened in Rome to John, Pope John, whose reign lasted 33 days. O My child, it is history now, but it is placed in the book that lists the disasters in mankind. He received the horror and martyrdom by drinking from a glass. It was a champagne glass given to him by a now deceased member of the clergy and the Secretariat of the State [Cardinal Villot].� - Our Lady, May 21, 1983

They seem to suggest he was poisoned. And the way it seemed to have been completed suggests a conspiracy. Why would anyone want to mix poison into a champagne glass? Champagne, the famous French wine district with their bubbles and tall, fragile crystals. Magdalen area. Champagne the juice of joy and success, marriage, victory and completeness. Poison is the juice of serpents. Did the killer choose the drink before he chose the poison? Did the pope choose his glass before the killer mixed his drink?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by leonbm
... I have seen reports of a pope in the 1960's and 70's that was taken over by an imposter and then probably killed

Yes, I've heard of that too; It was Paul VI. I read of the conspiracy first when I was researching the Marian prophecies. (Read article here). Since then I have seen it mentioned in various websites.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I see that they refer to John Paul I as Pope John, and that reminds me of another thing with the line of popes, and possible links to secret societies, the Illuminati etc.

According to some book I read, yes, that "blood & grail" thingy, they wrote that the grandmaster of what was refered to as the Priory of Zion always carried the name John, and that one of these Johns were supposedly a pope. It wasn't John Paul I, but rather John XXIII with the nickname "the blessed" who reigned the world from 1958-63 sitting on C�sar, the Beast's former high chair. And for those of you who have a quick mind, you may recognise that this pope reigned parallell to another John, Namely John Fitzgerald Kennedy, commonly known as JFK. Is there some connection here? There seems to be. And does JFK have a clone who is alive these days? Well, there is atleast one JFK running for presidency in USA these days who obviously tries to gain as many votes he can by his initials. John Forbes Kerry. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camelop�rdalis
Well, there is atleast one JFK running for presidency in USA these days who obviously tries to gain as many votes he can by his initials. John Forbes Kerry. Any thoughts?

Interesting idea, Camelop�rdalis. I think this needs more research.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sorry, but I don't have that many ideas, just came to mind when I read how they refered to John Paul I as pope John. There's an interresting inconcistency in the Book of Revelation about John though. Just about half and half of all the bibles out there have one out of two possible translations of the same verse. And if you are spiritually aware, you would pretty soon understand how this single word, when changed this way changes the whole book upside down either subjective to the reader (objective for the audience) or subjective to the listener (and likeways objective the other way). In half of the books it says:

And I stood uppon the the sand by the shore.

And in the other half the same sentance reads:

And it stood upon the sand by the shore.

The I person here is John. There is a confusion between John and Satan here. Which one is correct? Can you figure it out?

pao

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
good thread

top topics

join