It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do other countrie's citizens want to win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As a Canadian, and also as someone who follows US politics rather closely, I was wondering who people that do not live in the USA support in the upcoming election.

Clinton / Obama - If so, which one, and why?

McCain?

Neither?

My preference is Obama. Several reasons. One being I would like to see a fresh face in the whitehouse, that can perhaps erase the tarnish that has been put there from the last several presidents.

Thoughts and opinions please :-)

[edit on 23-4-2008 by sensfan]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hope Obama wins also. It would be great to see a black president in the white house!

I don't like the look of Clinton. She looks a reptillian with some leather tied around her head creating a wrinkly face. And the fact her husband USED to be president just rings alarm bells. Like Bush Sr and Bush Jr.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My opinion is this ... why should we even bother expressing an opinion at all ? Most US folks couldn't even name the Canadian or British Prime Minister let alone make an intelligent observation about any aspect of our politics. If it's outside their borders they're just not interested.

Even here on ATS there's half a hundred threads about Walmart in downtown somewhere or other, USA, running out of egg mayonnaise or rice crispies or heaven alone knows what else. Meanwhile within a week my entire country will have no gasoline (yeah that thread died a death).

Why bother flattering them by expressing a preference at all ? It doesn't matter anyway, their country is well screwed over no matter who gets elected. But given that the Republicans have caused this disaster, how's about they let a Republican take the rap for it ? There's a novelty.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Charity

It does matter, because they are the only Superpower left in the world, and self-appointed World police. For the past decade the world is turned into a disatrious war after another distastrious war. We want peace, and that can only be achieved IF USA gets a new "great" president. Most importantly, I sincerely believe that Americans DESERVE a real president who could move the people and clean up all the mess at home and abroad caused by the disastrious Bush administration. Of course there are morons, ego-centrics, fat and ignorant Americans, but last time I was in USA I saw mostly smart, compassionate, sporting and open-minded Americans. So yeah, we should care who will become the next president of USA. If the ONLY good thing of a democracy voting system is that a country can "change-regime" without violence or even a plainout war. Should the Americans should make use of it and vote for the next great president!

McCain is just another republican, Clinton looks evil. Obama sounds like someone with a lot of ideals and who the people can rely on when I hear and talk with my American friends,so my vote goes for him.

[edit on 23/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I follow this stuff closer than I should. Being a Canadian, with our own Federal election coming up right away, I should be more concerned with that right?

The thing is, my news here is flooded with US related stuff. I have no choice but to watch. But it's entertaining! Our elections suck. There is no entertainment in them. The candidates suck too. I am a pretty devoute conservative, but I don't like our leaders at present. Retards as far as I'm concerned. I'd vote NDP just to stick it in the face of the Tories right now, but unfortunately the NDP has a nasty history of turning everything they touch into feces. So, I'll just vote for my conservative MLA and be content.

Now for US elections, I can't help but reflect on the past eternity... er... 8 years of Republican domination. McCain doesn't veer to far off the path that the party has been following since the few months proceeding 9/11. He won't change things enough to fix them. He doesn't seem to see that things are broken and need fixing.

Sure, both Obama and McCain preech "Change" but I'm more interested in what they want to fix. Things like citizens and the worlds confidence and respect. To fix that, they need to identify all of the underlying causes of what has lead to the loss of this confidence and respect. This would be policies and actions. How are they going to re-write these policies and atone for their actions.

This is where I should say "Obama for Pres!" But, alas, he doesn't strike me as a confident, decision maker. So should I say "McCain for Pres!"? No, I can't do that either. He, unfortunately is a confident decision maker, but he has already made up his mind, and his mind is telling him to "Stay the Course" straight into the abyss.

I would have liked to have seen Hilary take the presidential nomination. I truly believe that she could have turned that operation around for the better. The US people and the world, I believe, would have imediately felt the effects of her decision making for the betterment of the establishment "for the people".

I dunno. Stupid Canadian. And Stephan Dion is a loser.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by Torus]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Charity

Being German I have to whole heartily agree with this post. I couldnt care less who wins, its like the saying if a sack of rice fell over in china...

I really wish that the us take their nose out of other countries business and concern themselves with their own problems.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
From an Australian's perspective it would seem that Obama is our media's favourite. Been hearing about him for a good year about his battles with Hilary. It's amazing really, these two people are in the same political party but act like they're on two different sides vying for the presidency. There's no unity whatsoever, how can a political party operate properly when it's divided in two?

Just doesn't make sense at all.

top topics

join