It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo Superstition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Interesting question.

but I would say no unless you were doing some interesting rituals along with that tattoo.

You weren't getting inked by a witch doctor while drinking bat blood and listening to Ozzy were you?

Sounds like a new extreme sport! If you get possesed you lose

OH NO! Its a one line post
*runs and hides from the mods*

[edit on 18-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Oh yeah...

And what do i see while watching Vin Diesel's new movie, whats it called again, can't remember ? he has to help some weird chick get into america, and it's set in the future..?

Anyway, the dude has MY TATTOO on his freakin neck, i was like wtf!

Now everyone is gonna think i saw that movie and decided to get the tattoo based on that...lame!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

Happens more often then you think.

I spent years looking for mine. Finally found it. Literally a week later, my boyfriend at the time ran into his ex girlfriend, and what does she have on her shoulder?

My tattoo.

So then I had to ponder around for a few more years.

Only to walk into a tattoo shop and pick one off the board, lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

Oh really? Thats crazy, I havent seen the movie. But your right, everyone who sees your tattoo and who has seen that movie is going to think you copied the movie.

Oh wait, mabye thats how the demons decided to attack you

They are going to torment you with people accusing you of copying the movie! NOOOOOO!!

Seriously though, I would actually be kind of pissed if I were you. tats are expensive and I would hate it if people always thought I copied it from a movie. Oh well, mabye not that many people will remember the tattoo from the movie.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've been a tattoo artist for 12 years now and never had anybody come back complaining of a ghost or demon being evoked from a tattoo.one thing that is bad luck is getting your girlfriend or wifes name tattooed, i have some horror stories about that! as far as self hating or self mutilation i really dont see that, a tattoo doesn't even penetrate all the way through your skin and if done correctly should only feel slightly annoying and not much pain at all (depending on were you get it).

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I would have to say... No. You would think I would be surrounded by Black cats but sadly they are a rare occurrence in my life

Edit to add:

BloodRedSky--Evil Dead Rocks! Could you post a pic? Would love to see it!

[edit on 1/18/09 by Cheyracingchick]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I got a tattoo on the back of my neck as a ward against evil, and oddly enough - some of the paranormal weirdness I had been going through eased up considerably afterwards.

Psychosomatic? Beats me - just glad it worked!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonixdown

Hehe! Honestly, I would say no, just off of experience... I haven't seemed to attract any Gargoyles, Griffons, dead moons, or (unfortunately) naked girls... wait, I have a GF... ok, no Gargoyles, Griffons, or Dead Moons...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
reply to post by Razimus

Would the demon think that if the tattoo was an angel?

I don't mean to offend you, but what do you think when you see a heavy tattooed person? My guess is that you would avoid them, because of the stigma tattoos still (!) hold.
It is a genuine question, i'm not trying to offend you.

I see it as art. If i would have a drawing on my wall it is art, when i put it on my body i am on the bad side?
I really don't get that.

I didn't say personally whether or not I consider it evil or not, I just said I wouldn't get one. Some of the nicest people I've met had tattoos.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Tattoo superstition?, this is the 1st time I hear something like that!...LOL

I think tattoos are a piece of art, and express something meaningful for each of us;a stage/point in our current existence.

You won't attract anything!!, but you may be projecting something.

PS- One of my tattoos is Pluto (Lord of the Underworld)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well I have a tattoo and yes, I have attracted a spirit of shame and regret on myself. When I remember that it is there, I have to go through the emotions every single time, and get over it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

In other words you regret getting it? Well im sorry about that however, I do not think those are the types of "demons" the OP is reffering to.

Well actually I suppose that could count becaue the Op never quite specified any type of limits on what was mean by demons so never mind!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonixdown
Hi all first time post

Just wondering if one was to get a tattoo of a ghost or a demon would that attract such things as ghosts or demons to the person with the tattoo.. Just wondering

Good question, but i was really quite the opposite...years ago i got involved with a lot of paranormal investigation and did a lot of things i shouldn't have done at that age, and since then Ive always had dreams of a certain symbol that i eventually got tattooed on 3 parts of my body. But it was strange with how it happened, one day im normal and then the next im drawing it up and getting it branded on my skin without even thinking it over!

Few years latter i find out the symbol is the seal of Baal.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm new here but I need some insight on my situation. Some crazy things things have been happening lately...but lets start out with some history.

I come from a Buddhist family, raised Buddhist and etc. I thought I knew it all but About 10 months ago I lived with my then girlfriend who was catholic but renounced it all together. When I lived with her and dated her I felt as though the energy and my life force was being drained from me.

Eventually we broke up...she moved out and I the mighty Buddhist was lost...However I started to regain my energy and aura back.

I decided to expand spiritual reading towards Christian gospels as Buddhist text felt as though I was missing something. To my surprise, they started to make sense and even Buddhist text became ever so clearer than ever. I found myself awakened and enlightened in a new sort of way. Never in my life would I thought I would find such respect for Jesus and his teachings.

I finally decided to solidify my spiritual dedication I wanted to get a tattoo. Ironically, a good friend of mine recommended me to go to this new tattoo shop called Satori...yeah what are the odds? I sat down with the owner/artist and told him what I wanted, something not from stencil but from the vision I wanted to be...which was Jesus on my back and Buddha wrap around my rib caged on my left side. He was eager to do my tattoo...it was like no one had ever made such a request.

So last week I went in and got the outline of Jesus on the cross on my back. This was my first tattoo, the pain was excruciating and I did my best to meditate and accept the pain knowing it was only the flesh and of only the material world. Maybe imagining the pain Jesus had to accept when he was on the cross was the closest thing I could do....all I know was that I felt like I was dying at certain moments.

When the artist got done with the 2 hour session, to my surprised he shaded and filled in the head of the Jesus along with the outline of him on the cross. The artist himself even proud of his work...

Afterwards I felt different, something I couldn't explain...maybe it was the pain or whatever. However a couple days later I had a conversation with a fellow co-worker who was deeply spiritual and I become to befriend due to my spiritual journey. I told him about the things I've come to learn and become awakened and have the ability to be more sensitive to spiritual things. Then he asked of what things I have seen...

I told him I haven't seen anything yet, I've felt presences of spirits but that's it...then he told me about spirits that might even scare....demons. He told me about them and how they can influence people and you can even see them. At first I wasn't sure what to think but I didn't know.

Until I saw my first demon....I was out with my friends that evening...a guy who is a friend of a friend always tries to push my buttons. I don't know why...he'll say a snotty remark or physically try to piss me off by touching my hair or something childishly obnoxious. We were eating pizza and I was sitting with my friends and then he comes up behind me and starts [*mess]ing with my chair. The eventually starts messing with my hair. For whatever reason...I got pissed off. I stood up and eventually punched him in the face and backed off.

However later at my friends house I apologized for my behavior, and he said it was okay he was asking for it or deserved it. Later I was outside on the porch having a cigarette and he came out to talk....all of a sudden I saw the demon lurking behind him...a big chill shot down my spine...it was the most intense feeling. I couldn't clearly make out the demon but I saw dark being. Once I saw the demon, it seemed to push this guy towards me more. It was unbelieveable....I don't know why this happened...I haven't had a chance to talk to my co-worker about this...but I have a feeling that strange behavior was the demon trying to get my attention...next post part 2

*[Profanity replaced]

Please read Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 11/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Part 2

Then last night, my ex-gf texted to see if I wanted to hang out. Before after we broke up I did my best to avoid her because she would literally drain the energy out of me.

But last night I felt was ready to see her and hangout with her. I had to see if I could handle being around her. Of course as usual she was stealing energy from me. But this time around I was more present and awakened to stop her energy draining on me. It was crazy, moments I felt I was losing it but I found ways to get my energy back. I visualized a red fire aura around me as I was with her. And many times during mid-conversation she asked if it was hot in here...

She told me that she got a tattoo and I told her I got one also. She didn't really believe I got one so I just played along. Later in the evening, I asked her to put lotion on the back of my tattoo because its difficult to do myself. She reluctantly obliged...but then when I lifted my shirt and she saw then she freaked out...ask why I would get a tattoo like that...somehow we got into an argument. I tried to get closer but then I caught a glimpse of her demon trying to keep her away...like pulling her back. Then she ran off into her room. I wasn't compelled to stay, I felt I didn't need to be there.

Later when I got home I had my shirt off and was about to change...she txted more nonsense and as though lashing out at me. She said something about I how I didn't ever care about her. Then I sent this reply back..."I do care...I'll always care about you". I after I said that...I started crying I don't know why...I had my arms out and images of Jesus on the cross flashed in my mind...with feelings pain, forgiveness and compassion flashing through my body. My body was trembling, chills filled my body...but then immediately it was over. I felt calm and at peace afterwards...I had some trouble sleeping at night...however woke up an hour normally than I usually do...and was completely at peace...

I know its hard to believe but that's what truely happened last night...and which has brought me here with many questions. Please help or explain what happened to me.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have been a tattoo artist for over 13 years and have never once heard of some one being harrassed by supernatural anything because of it. The sole reason for the name tattoos causing failure is because usually they are done as a last ditch effort to save something that won't last. I try to talk my clients out of getting names of lovers on the just because I don't like trying to cover them up. For those who think that tattooed people are intimidating then great one less irritating person I have to deal with. You really shouldn't judge those with tattoos. Some of the most heavily tattooed people are pillars of society.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I just got this text from her...."Last night was a mistake. I just want my stuff and I want to be done with it. Something about you has changed and in my opinion its not for the good."

Has my tattoo created a form of protection? Perhaps ward off demons, like the one my ex-gf has? I don't know what to make of this...its all happening way too fast.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

The first demon wasn't harassing me about my tattoo, I just happen to see my first demon. And it was harassing me for whatever reason. But which leads into my second sighting of my ex-gf's demon and my tattoo. My real question is, do you think tattoos can provide protection? or some sort of Spiritual significance or embodiment?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mode402
Has my tattoo created a form of protection?

In my opinion, your quote above tells me you've not achieved the spiritual enlightenment you profess in your earlier post. Believing it true would contradict / violate most Christian beliefs / doctrines. ( Especially if you "punched someone in the face" and had a mod remove vulgarity from your post.) Sorry, not adding up.

Have you neglected to mention any drug use in your depiction of events?

Regards...KK

[edit on 11-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What about Joan of Arc? She fought wars in the name of god. However I'm buddhist and not Christian. I'm looking for open opinions and open replies. I'm not here to debate my level of enlightenment, but something that can point me in the right direction.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mode402]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join