It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo Superstition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi all first time post

Just wondering if one was to get a tattoo of a ghost or a demon would that attract such things as ghosts or demons to the person with the tattoo.. Just wondering

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I honestly don't believe it would. A couple of my tattoos have the face of a demon in them. I have from Japanese demons to the reaper. I've had no demonic visits since having them...yet. I wouldn't think it being possible for a tattoo like such to attract a demon or ghost.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I personally consider tattoos, with some exceptions, to be self mutalation and a reflection of self hatred. The exceptions are when they represent something worthy of a lifelong rememberance.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajKarma
I personally consider tattoos, with some exceptions, to be self mutalation and a reflection of self hatred.

Care to explain why you think self hatred?
I find ink'in artistic personally and something that people should consider atleast once in there life

As in reply to OP i doubt a tattoo could convince spirits to come out... All though that would be nice to get some spooks and tattoos at same time! lol

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I feel tattoos are art that you love and can live with forever. I've got a purple cat with my mother's name along with her birth and death date on my shoulder. Its my memorial to her, and a piece of art I cherish.

But, attracting demons... Hmm... I'm sure if you wished it so, it could be a magnet to otherworldly creatures. Many societies believe their tattoos can inspire the strength or abilities of what is tattooed, such as the power of the tiger, or the speed of a cheetah. I suppose you could use your ink to draw demons to you.
If you were wanting something as such, I'd pick a symbol or name of a particular demon of your choosing (though that could tie them to you, which could be dangerous), or a nine pointed pentacle, or something, and a tattoo artist comfortable with other people in the room. I'd ask a local medicine man/ witch/ satanist/ healer, etc to come when you're getting tattooed with your symbol, and perform an invocation of a particular demon, or any demon, if you're not picky. Also, if you're worried about permanent effects, try using henna for the image, or perhaps just washable ink.
I'd think the best place for this image would be the chest, the center of the back, or the forehead.
Though, I will tell you, NONE OF THIS IS RECCOMMENDED, AT ALL. I'm just telling you what I think would work.

If Mods feel this is a little too much info, please feel free to edit.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've never heard of the superstition regarding attracting demons with tattoos.

I have heard that if you get a tattoo that completely encircles the body in any way (wrists, neck, arm, belt or neck) it binds your soul in the same way, and thus, will never be able to leave the body. That'd suck huh? For all eternity being bound to your body?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Tattoos...meanings is all in the eye of the beholder. I personally was finally brave enough to get one. Then another, and now ready for the 3rd everyone has their own opinion but I believe it is a beautiful thing. My tattoos have very special meanings that will be with me forever mentally and physically. Not to mention they are addicting...haha

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In Japanese tattoo, a dragon or snake that wraps the body is cut in a place not seen openly as to injury the beast. It is believed that if not done the beast will have greater power over you, and squeze you to death over a period of 3 years, I believe. ( I cant remember the exact time)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonixdown
Hi all first time post

Just wondering if one was to get a tattoo of a ghost or a demon would that attract such things as ghosts or demons to the person with the tattoo.. Just wondering

No, I don't believe that at all.

One tattoo superstition I DO believe in, however, is that if you get the name of your lover/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife tattooed then the relationship is doomed.

Actually, I've never known that one not to be true.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I doubt it, though I recalled seeing on a TV show, I believe it was "Ripley's Believe or Not," that there is a belief in Thailand that when getting tattoo of a spiritual figure or an animal, they will be blessed with wellbeing/protection and obtain a little bit of the animal's power.

But there are specific criteria for this, you have to get the tattoo done by a specific person, usually someone very spiritual. And even then, they have to go through a ceremony....

(This is from what I remembered for the TV show.)

Here are some articles, so you can better inform and educate yourself then I can:
www.tattoos.com...
tattoos.com...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajKarma
I personally consider tattoos, with some exceptions, to be self mutalation and a reflection of self hatred. The exceptions are when they represent something worthy of a lifelong rememberance.

One persons "stupid reason" is another persons "lifelong rememberance".

To be honest I don't hate myself, self mutalation isn't my thing (pain sucks), and for the record my Wife gave me my tattoo. Every single person shes ever tattooed was trying to commemorate something or other, whether it was thier mom or that moment in thier life.

I want another but well as I said pain sucks.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about any spirits or demons.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Mine never attracted the Evil Dead...Or hot chicks in sailor uniforms...*Tear*

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

my famil origanly way bak were maori and i have a tattoo to represent that that means i hate myself ??

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonixdown

Well, while I'd say no matter what mark is on someone would not matter, you can live demon-free by living a good life, being selfless and positive helps, but I personally would never get a tattoo... I know that sounds like I'm just a dork, but I have religious reasons for saying this, which only makes me more of a God loving dork to many on these forums, but basically, the body is a temple, not to be altered in any way, but I have family that have tattoos and I respect their choice, and don't say they have messed up their temple or anything, it's a personal choice, but in the scriptures it mentions a people that marked themself to show they were on a certain side, and that side was the bad side and well they lost to make a story short, not saying tribal people who mark themself are bad, just in that example they were, I don't think demons would follow you if you had a tattoo of a demon, but if I were a demon, I would possibly assume that you were more likely than the other nerd guy with no tattoo, that you'd be more 'cool' with him attempting to possess you, ok that's just hypothetical.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Would the demon think that if the tattoo was an angel?

I don't mean to offend you, but what do you think when you see a heavy tattooed person? My guess is that you would avoid them, because of the stigma tattoos still (!) hold.
It is a genuine question, i'm not trying to offend you.

I see it as art. If i would have a drawing on my wall it is art, when i put it on my body i am on the bad side?
I really don't get that.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, I've a tat of a shark on my left shoulder...
I swim constantly in the ocean and I've yet to get et!

I hope that helps!

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ive heard that before. I would have to say no, its just ink.

There isnt anything mystical about it.

I have two tattoos, one of which, is of an evil jester. I guess you cold call it demonic looking.. Here are a couple pics of that one tattoo

these two pictures dont do my tat justice but you get the idea. I swear it looks cross eyed in the pic.

I certainly havent brought forth any demons or ghosts. I dont think anyone who has a "demonic" tattoo would either. Like I said, its just ink. There is nothing magical or mystical about it.

And to the one who said they dont like tatoos unless they have some sort of special meaning... Both of my tattoos represent very special turning points in my life. One (not the one shown) actually represents three seperate but related events)

I would venture to say however, that tattoo does mean something to everyone who gets one. Whos is to judge what meaning is more special than the next. Some may only represent the fact that they just liked the tattoo, others may represent a death in the family but they both represent something....

I love tattoos. I belive that tattoos are a form of art and it just so happens that the body is the canvas on which the art exsists. My body is my temple and I have chosen to honor my temple with artwork that represents very special points in life that my temple has gone through...

But im getting off topic. As I said, tattoos are made of ink and dont have any type of magic quality that can summon a ghost or demon. Its ink that is put in the form of whatever you want.

So my answer is no, you cant summon ghosts or demons with a tattoo of a ghost or demon.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have the Sigil of Yog Soggoth tattood on my arm, haven't been attacked or possessed as of yet...damn!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

Oh thats cool. I mean the tat... not that you havent been attacked yet...

Anyway, yeah, Ive yet to be attacked myself...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Interesting question.

but I would say no unless you were doing some interesting rituals along with that tattoo.

You weren't getting inked by a witch doctor while drinking bat blood and listening to Ozzy were you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join