It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it starting already?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I was just wondering if it just me or is there a lot more commercials recently on the TV about global warming? Over the last few days I must have seen at least 20 different commercials.

*Edit* Just wondering if the global warming propaganda machine is starting.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Everythingyouknowisalie]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
im confused... are you suggesting that global warming isnt real and that we're just being tricked into believing it? or are you suggesting that it is real and they're just now starting to accept it?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Starting?

According to my eyes it has been around for quite a while now. Take An Inconvenient Truth. It is the biggest bit of propaganda I've seen in the last ten years. I mean really; that film is nothing short of terrifying to the uneducated - it targets a wide variety of personalities too, not just environmentalists - with very little truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Good god, the wheels of the GW propaganda machine started spinning long ago, but they are definitely still gaining momentum.

The most frustrating thing to me is the vast numbers of people who do not seem to understand the difference between "climate change" and "global warming". Climate change sucks and we need to be prepared for the worst. Global Warming sucks too. It sucks vast amounts of new tax dollars into the coffers of the political establishment. If I thought for one minute that these taxes would be used for the benefit of mankind I might even go along with it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I haven't been watching too much television lately but my local weather conditions feels more like a global freezing rather this media hype about global warming. This time of the year should not be cold and it's been raining, too. Our heater at home kicks on at night to keep us warm, by the way.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The biggest propaganda lie is that promoted by al gore - namely that we can STOP alleged GW, and in the name of this lie we are taxed "green" taxes where very little of the money is actually spent on the environment.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Not only is global warming not happening, it is a massive psyop.

That is what chemtrails are. They are nato planes spraying heavy metals to create heat islands over cities. Nano tech......

This is to make us think the planet is warming, when it is actually cooling down.

They are trying to impose a carbon tax, so they will make us beg for it.

Problem-Reaction-Solution

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm sure you guys are also aware of the food shortage that is coming, which is in part due to the use of, I think it was 23% or 28% of crops are used for ethanol. Which is ridiculous because the ethanol is still mixed in with the gasoline....so essentially, according to environmentalists we're still causing global warming to increase. Basically because of the shift of crops to be used for ethanol instead of food, we are starving ourselves, while increasing this supposed global warming. That makes me angry with environmentalists who complain about global warming and anything related to the topic, simply because they government has played into their hands to a certain extent, which resulted in paying farmers crop producers more money if they use their crops for ethanol production rather than produce in grocery stores.

Maybe global warming is an attempt by the NWO to destroy a large portion of the world's population by starvation via focus on ethanol production?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As others have said, this "global warming" scam is nothing new and has been in gear for years now. I have noticed a rather large increase in television commercials over the last few months though. Especially on channels like Discovery. God I must have seen 20 different ads for "green" products and "ways to save our earth" techniques during the new Dirty Jobs on Monday.

It still cracks me up how many people actually believe in this stuff. Even the government finds it amusing, that's why they keep coming up with new ways to tax us for it.

It's almost like they were sitting around somewhere about the time Al Gore released his propaganda video and thought to themselves.

"My God, people actually believe this rubbish? Let's see if we can come up with all kinds of taxes to make them feel like they are helping. After all, if they'll believe this, they'll believe anything!"

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Our government have started posting "Would you be prepared if you had go without electricity and food in the event of a disaster?" They advocate having food for a week worth of unperishable food stuffs & water and all amenities (emergency generator, etc.) to make life bearable for a time of crisis. Makes me wonder why all of this? What's up in the hand they're going to deal?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure that has anything to do with the global warming scam, but it is indeed sound advice.

Not that people should stock up for Doomsday or anything, but having a few supplies tucked away is a great idea. (Katrina anyone?)

top topics

join