It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Sheriff Candidate Believes That 'Crime Is Terrorism'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Florida Sheriff Candidate Believes That 'Crime Is Terrorism'

intelstrike.com

The blurring of lines between crime and terrorism continues. According to section 802 of the Patriot Act, minor criminal offenses can be interpreted as terrorism by government officials. The recent implementation of Operation Sudden Impact in Memphis and surrounding areas had various people from federal, state and local law enforcement agencies go on a fishing expedition searching for terrorists. The operation resulted in the issuance of several traffic tickets, the confiscation of a small amount of drugs but failed to catch any terrorists. It was nothing more than a martial law training operation because the real terrorists are actually funded by high level government black operations. The U.S. House of Representatives last year passed HR 1955 the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 which if gets signed into law will give the government a blank check to potentially classify certain belief systems as terrorism.

--------

As horrible as all of these things are, we now have a candidate running for Sheriff in Florida’s Orange County using the slogan “Crime is Terrorism”. Malone Stewart proudly displays this slogan on his web site and in his campaign signs. There is no question that the lines between criminality and terrorism are quickly being erased and if this continues the government will just accuse people who don’t like what they are doing of being terrorists and haul them away to FEMA run death camps.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yet another great find and read by Lee Rogers...I keep seeing this theme pop up with more regularity now that the DHS is working hand in hand with Law Enforcement and passing out grants to them to "fight crime in the name of terrorism."

I hope nobody is stupid enough to vote for this brainwashed sheriff, but sadly many of the brainwashed populace will probably buy into this fear mongering crap like he's some sort of hero for tying the two areas together.

Obviously crime is not terrorism, but if we have people in positions of authority that buy into the terror war fraud and believe that crime is terrorism, we are in a great deal of trouble. The Military Commissions Act which was passed into law in 2006 allows the government to strip people of their citizenship and hold them indefinitely with no due process if they are accused of being a terrorist. What better way to hold American citizens who are protesting against the government than by utilizing the powers in the Military Commissions Act combined with what’s in the Patriot Act and eventually with what’s in HR 1955. Assuming HR 1955 gets passed, the government will literally have the power to jail American citizens indefinitely for having a belief system that the government disapproves of.

intelstrike.com

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"Assuming HR 1955 gets passed, the government will literally have the power to jail American citizens indefinitely for having a belief system that the government disapproves of."

Wow thats very maddening. I never saw this coming atleast not in my lifetime. The time when we get thrown in prison for simply protesting the government is very fast approaching, and people are as ignorant as ever. I just wish that there was something we could do about this. i believe it's allready to late for the American people to wake up and see what's going on.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Apparently terrorists can wear badges too.
Be prepared for more of those "DUI checkpoints".
And have your papers ready.

What the hell are we becoming?
Maybe we'll get lucky and some well meaning superpower will invade us, to restore order and re-introduce democracy.

We're not supposed to fear our government..are we?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

LMAO. I've thought about that before...While Dumbya was cheerleading how we 'liberated' Iraq from an evil dictator, I was thinking,"who will liberate us from OUR evil Dictator?" It certainly appears that our gov's goal is to make us live in constant fear-if not of them, then of some "created" enemy, that will make us give up all of our rights and let them do whatever they feel like with impunity. It is enough to turn my stomach into a knot anymore...And what is so much worse is that so many people buy into it and just accept it freely.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I find it interesting that people with picket signs in front of this candidates office will be guilty of 'extremism' and 'terrorism' by virtue of civic action.

We will then have the privilege of either voting for our oppressors, or quietly accepting them. Freedom of choice is great huh?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

We will then have the privilege of either voting for our oppressors, or quietly accepting them. Freedom of choice is great huh?

Heh, you could have well just described this years electoral joke for POTUS! Every single "hand-picked" candidate we are "allowed" to vote for will carry on the elitists agenda...It's like we're forced to pick, "which one will cause our country the LEAST DESTRUCTION?"

It has gotten so bad that the even the illusion of choice really has vanished...We get who "they" choose for us--Take your pick, but they're all servers of the Elitists who really run things.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Yet another great find and read by Lee Rogers...I keep seeing this theme pop up with more regularity now that the DHS is working hand in hand with Law Enforcement and passing out grants to them to "fight crime in the name of terrorism."

I hope nobody is stupid enough to vote for this brainwashed sheriff, but sadly many of the brainwashed populace will probably buy into this fear mongering crap like he's some sort of hero for tying the two areas together.

intelstrike.com

You really think this guy will lose? It's Florida. The one thing I have learned from my three years of living here is that the majority of Floritards will vote for anyhting that looks like a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
fark.com even has a "Florida" tag just for those crazy stories that come from that state. =)

scary stuff indeed. i fail to see what good can come from this even if it doesn't get "abused".

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its a new trend that is all the rage in government nowadays. Create laws that trump the constitutional rights. First they get the laws passed under false pretenses and then they apply it to a broader range of situations.

Step1
Create a doom and gloom scenario and make Americans believe they need the government to sidestep some constitutional rights to fight terrorism

Step 2
Create a law that will allow you to offically dodge someones constitutional rights by calling it terrorism act.

Step 3
Classify all criminals as terrorist in order to make it possible to do whatever you want.

Step 4
Total domination!

In reality the comment Bush made about the Constitution being nothing more than a piece of paper has come true.
After step 3 the constitution has pretty much been made null and void by proxy in certain instances.

The government has found a loophole in the constitution so to speak and they will surely pass more laws to trump more constitutional rights as they see fit.

Good times!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know...

I say sue. When in doubt (government repression), sue the pants off of 'em. I think it keeps them in check.

I know that many believe there is an NWO agenda going on here, but I find it hard to believe that the country's judges - who have lived their life off of the constitution and law - will all the sudden change how they do business.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Oh Dear God no. Does anyone know what this guy's chances are of getting elected? Does he have any kind of following?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Oh Dear God no. Does anyone know what this guy's chances are of getting elected? Does he have any kind of following?

If he didn't before I'll bet he does now. Especially the 'reactionary' folks who simply must feel completely protected from these new fangled terrorists:

the shop-lifting terrorist
the rowdy drunk terrorist
the illegal parking terrorist
the homeless/vagrant terrorist
and the worst of all - the ruthless 'expired vehicular registration' terrorists (gasp!)

All of these terrorists must be stopped! It's a G-Damned terrorist plague.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm going to recommend Canvas awnings and wide brimmed hats for this candidates town. These poor people are getting their brains baked in the sun.

If he keep up get him into a tub of ice cubes till the core temp comes down. Heat stroke is bad stuff.

What an embarrassment to legitimate law enforcement......

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I try and stay up on the local politics here in Orange County, especially since our current Sherriff Kevin Beary/Little Hitler is vacating office but I have not heard of this story and haven'theard of him....maybe I've been working too many hours lately
I for one will not be placing my vote for him but thanks for the story
I will have to follow this.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I don't know...

I say sue. When in doubt (government repression), sue the pants off of 'em. I think it keeps them in check.

I know that many believe there is an NWO agenda going on here, but I find it hard to believe that the country's judges - who have lived their life off of the constitution and law - will all the sudden change how they do business.

Sue them? Thomas Jefferson (and the other founders of our country) would have told you to go blow their brains out. If you don't believe me, read some of their writings on the subject.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

The only problem there is they have bigger guns... and their troops are much more trained then our militias.

America Has fallen. The only way to get back up is for the public to OUT SMART those in charge.

Look at 'Nam. America Runs quickly when facing an unknown option. Urban Warfare anyone?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I do wonder just how bad its got to get before Americans start fighting back and I mean fighting. Will efforts to remove personal firearms do the trick, another public mass murder?

I mean how difficult is it to get people together armed to the teeth to take out the Goverment. No one can say it would be easy but it has not deterred others in the past has it. Or is it going to be a mirror image of what happened in Germany.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I live in florida,I have never seen so many butt stupid people concentrated in such a small area as I have seen here in the last four years,and from what I have heard from back home,this mental illness is spreading throughout the entire nation.
I am afraid for this country,or more specifically,what is left of it.
The fkg schmuck will probably get elected,if what I have seen here in this god forsaken place is any indication.
This place is a #hole.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
So... when are the real domestic terrorists... the Administration, this sheriff, any others using the 'terrorist-threat' fear-mongering... going to be held accountable for their RADICAL beliefs against U.S. citizens...?

[edit on 4/25/2008 by RabbitChaser]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join