It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to "Condition" Us for Contact?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You know, even I don't know what to believe on this so I thought maybe some other opinions or ideas would be interesting. We have the ET movie, shows with aliens, the MIB movies, cartoons, etc, etc...

Then we had....them...

So, I was watching tv yesterday with my daughter, and I see something that was just wild.
Now, it's these things....

Find them at: www.boohbah.com...

Is somebody using this method of conditioning?
Maybe not even just for kids, but using this on all of us?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Funniest...Post....Ever

I hope you weren't serious...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sure seems like it. I remember watching Close Encounters at a young age and being very moved by it, in a positive way.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Funniest...Post....Ever

I hope you weren't serious...

We, humor certainly...but just try watching the show.
It made me wonder what is the point? Sure, I know it's supposed to be "educational", but is there a hidden agenda?

I figured why not? I know people believe in this type of conspiracy (and many others more far-fetched) so I wanted to get some opinions. I have no intention of judging people over it. Just curious.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My opinion is it has more to do with marketing than conditioning. If kids liked those tele tubies (or watever they are called) theres soon going to be 2 or 3 other shows exploiting the idea to make money. I mean look at pokemon, as soon as that was a hit there were like 4 other shows using the idea. Thats my opinion. (sorry for the spelling)

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think some of it is a fascination with the unknown. It's always cool to have some new kind of character that has not been seen before. Some of these directors, and what not, have probably had some of the same thoughts that we share on ET life. Maybe that is why they try to play with the idea a little bit.

I do also think some of it may be planned. I do believe in ET's, there is no doubt about that. I believe and I have very little info on the subject compared to what is out there. I still believe that this little bit of info that I (we) have read about is enough to put together a good argument for ET contact. I also feel that the government (whatever agencies that may include) would have more knowledge than us on the matter. This should mean that they have the proof to know of ET's being fact and not fiction.

I would think that with this knowledge that agencies might want to make UFO's, or anything involved with, seem a little more common place. That way it is an everyday topic with much of the talk being about sci-fi and not the real thing. If all of these sightings took place with everything being so hush hush then I think people may be more likely to demand an answer on the true events. We would be more focused on the real deal and this could lead to us being able to put together all of the pieces. It's proabaly a part of our everyday life to both condition us and to passify us until the true info all comes out.

Most everyone who believes in ET's believes that we are not told the truth because our reaction is feared by those who know the truth. Our reaction would be feared because the idea of ET's would be so foriegn to us. It's like nothing else we would have ever been involved in before. Maybe ET's wouldn't have this effect on us if the idea wasn't so foriegn. The details of these movies/shows may not be as important as us being use to the fact that we could face ET's in the near future.

Heck, now we have no idea what theories are true and what theories are false. Maybe some movies and shows are to lead us in the wrong direction. Maybe they are to condition us for whatever reason. I do think there is something behind it. I'm just not sure what shows would be part of this plan and what shows would be created from a fan of the subject, such as ourselves.

A good topic and I find it hard to believe that some people would be so quick to rip on your question. It's good to know that some people are willing to think outside the box.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i ad a similar post a while ago, check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
things that make you go hmmmmm....

having kids and having to endure the teletubbies when they were younger, it does make you wonder

but kids like funny shapes and bright colors and we don't have purple elephants and pink bears, so naturally aliens would have be ones used to when it comes to taking creative license on a character.

but what really gets me, is how many kid shows actually feature conspiracy related stuff....

there's one called "totally spies" i think, couple girls investigating all sorts of strange stuff including aliens, then you have the dbz, tenchi, yuyu hashuko all which deal with the spiritual realms...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok, I'll agree on some points made here, but wouldn't this imply that a lot of people would have to know about this "conditioning" ? Wouldn't this be a difficult operation to carry out? Or has the conditioning been going on in one way or another for a long time?
Does that mean , that the people on this board, the posters of all these questions, is their conditioning wearing off and they are questioning what they hear/see ?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
DUHH

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

the point of teletubbies is to show how gay the purple one is...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
yeah and then this fits in perfecly old fashioned being send out on tv in NL, germany, Uk, belgium

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Conditioning would have to become more advanced as technology becomes more advanced. Technology doesn't only help the few who know the truth, it can be used by us. Maybe we are facing more conditiong now than ever before. That could be the reason.

A good point of how a lot of people may have to know this truth in order to condition to the fullest. Maybe it could be started by a simple nudge being given to a director that could get him going on an alien movie rather than another project he had in mind. I'm not sure. It could be something as simple as that but I have to think of a better answer than that. An interesting question and I'd like ot hear what others think could answer it.

Maybe the conditioning is the strongest on us since we like to think of ourselves as being ready for the truth. That's if preparing us is the ultimate goal. It could also be wearing off since we may be questioning "their lies?

It could all be bs and there are just a lot of rich people who like making up alien movies.
I wish I knew.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
DUHH

the point of teletubbies is to show how gay the purple one is...

Sorry Cookie...the thread you wanted is here:
ARE YOU A HOMOPHOBE????

Mandalorianwarrior, some good comments. I agree, I would like to hear what others think about a "nudge" idea. Was not Spielberg a Presidential guest once for the ET screening?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
He was a guest for the screening and Reagan had some interesting things to say to him as well. Something along the lines of "if only people knew how close to the truth this was." I'm not sure on the quote but that's the basic idea. I think it was for ET but it may have been for another movie. Someone posted a link on this a day or two ago, I'll give it a look.

Also, dang...sorry about my spelling and all that. I went back and saw numerous mistakes.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, Spielberg was a guest, but that Reagan comment sounds like an internet tale or urban legend to me.....I hope it is true though.

Speilberg has not said anything about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
lmfao haha sry if i discriminated any homosexuals in the process of my joke...lmfao that was funny thing that you said

im not homophobic you queer...whoops lmfao i got a 46 on that test on that thread

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Conditioning through medias is a real hypothesis. I don't mean every sci-fi movie tells the truth, but that they force us to think of alien being able to travel until Earth.
What would happen after the contact? I'm trying to study the problem, and the dangers of racism or loss of identity are real...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well I guess that explains the existence of the following:

Now I'm really showing my age!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Tell me more about Mars Attacks and Independence Day

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Well I guess that explains the existence of the following:

Now I'm really showing my age!

HR? LOL!

I do see the point made about showing us aliens, cute, fuzzy, mean, stupid, hot, whatever, could get us more generally accepting of a future contact.
Interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join