It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to kick out inspectors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 08:23 AM
link   
SEOUL, South Korea, Dec. 27 � The North Korean government will expel international nuclear inspectors, a South Korea news agency reported Friday, only hours after the communist nation warned that the United States was rushing toward conflict....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:55 AM
link   
if they want to use these reactors to produce electricity why do they need to kick the inspectors out and disable monitoring equipment? This is going to get really, really dangerous, imo.

[Edited on 27-12-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have the same really bad feeling.I have a feeling they would be willing to strike first.If it was just for electricity why the pushing to be taken off the axis of evil list?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:31 AM
link   
NK has gone to far.Now, they can't go back.
Their former leader told, one day, that if he had to do war, just to prove that he had right, he would do it.

His son is not different ! He don't want peace.When he's talking about peace, he just win some more times, nothing more. A war will come from the Korea peninsula, and NK would have to be blame for this war.

In NK, when their army have plenty of weapons ( even some high-tech weapons ) and ammos, the peoples are starving and living like we were living in the middle-age.

They have no choice now. A war, and they win ( but I doubt that they can win ), or they try to join the International Community ( I doubt they'll do it.Their leader don't want to lose their power ).

A storm is comming from this country !

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:59 AM
link   
They're using the whole Iraq mess as a convenient smokescreen while the world's attention is diverted. I suspect we'll see some little dust devils in that part of the world soon (storm might be too much to describe NK's doings).

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 12:12 PM
link   
looks like there is some truth to this axis of evil phrase after all.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Okay, whats up with the axis of evil anyhow? I mean we have such scientific names for other superfluous things...than why for this major foreign deal we have to use such harsh words...when we are wanting to for other countries to do what we want, why do we have to make it seem we are calling them a bad word or something? Certainly the people that live there are not evil, than why call it the axis of evil, just because illiterate Bush says so?? Thats why are foreign policy sux. If our so called "representative" was smart he would know how to get things done in a nice, civilized sweet way.....

But yes, I do think NK poses as a threat to us just like they have in the past.
ORION

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The war will most likely start by NK attacking SK and then retaliation by us and our other allied countries. Yes, NK is defiantly a threat, they are more technologically advanced by Iraq (obviously), and I would really try to avoid war with this country regardless of that fact that we can win. But then again... they may not leave us with too many peaceful options.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:48 PM
link   
and a bigger threat after they get this reactor going. According to this article they might have 'the bomb' in 30 days:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

It's only a 5 megawatt reactor. That same article said that it's enough to power only a few villiages (or to power the reprocessing plant). Their obviously doing this to make nuclear weapons - this is very alarming. There's no other reason for them to turn this reactor on. Since there's no other reason and there's no way now to monitor what they're doing it's only safe to assume in 30 days they will be a nuclear power (if they're not already)

If they do throw out inspectors, don't enable monitoring equipment, or respond to diplomacy and DO turn that reactor on - does anyone here think that reactor should be eliminated within 30 days?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Instead of Axis of Evil, it could be....

Sovereign Nations Against Freedom United...???

Nah, that would just be a SNAFU, hehe....

Or maybe just Collection Of Maladjusted Maniacs And Terrorists Of Social Entities...???

But that would make them COMMATOSE...

Oh, I just don't know

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't think its a should it be elimanated,it will be.IMO.
I don't think anybody wants NK to have that reactor going.Not China,Russia,U.S,I think somehow it will be shut down.NK is dancing on glass,they better be careful.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If it has to be shutdown by force I think China, Russia, and S. Korea should do it or at least have them support the US in doing it. God forbid the UN take action. I almost was going to say that this should be a UN military mission but Annan would still be sitting at the negotiating table after Seoul is taken off the map by a nuke.

Oh- and K. Korea wants a 'non-aggression' treaty with the US, riiiight.

At any rate - I think Russian, China, and S. Korea needs to lean on the 'dear leader' a little bit more than they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 04:24 PM
link   
WHo are NK established allies??? Is china one i hope not. I dont think we should take down the plant by force. WE should havea black op of extensive reconisence of the place to determine what they are doin first where we can reveal it to the world. So we would have no tree huggin liberals or some commie nation telling us "IT would power the proverty strickin North Koreans."

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Chinese are communists, but they are not crazy like these North-Koreans. China ( or even Russia ) do not want to sacrifice Peking ( or Moscow ) for Pyongyang.

Russians and Chicoms are agree to help the NK, but not to much. When they will understand that NK are really nuts and want just war, I bet that these NK will have to fight ALONE.

But it's just my thoughts.

What do you think ?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 09:05 PM
link   
all we need are a couple of 2000lbs bunker busters..and that reactor wont be worth a crap..let them play around..and they will get there lil thingy cought in a door they cant get it out of!

Boomslang

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Boyz, don't be suprised if we go to war with North Korea as well as Iraq in the next few months. The US has just recalled two Carriers back to the area, One just being in Perth here in Australia. Close to the South China Sea.

top topics

join