It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US concerned about Pakistan-Taliban peace deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

US concerned about Pakistan-Taliban peace deal

news.yahoo.com

The United States is concerned about a possible peace deal between Pakistan and Taliban fighters along the border with Afghanistan, the White House said Wednesday.

"We are concerned about it and what we encourage them to do is to continue to fight against the terrorists and to not disrupt any security or military operations that are ongoing in order to help prevent a safe haven for terrorists there," said White House spokeswoman Dana Perino.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You know, I've been defending this administration for 7 years now. I have always found the "9/11 was an inside job" theorists to be crackpots and loons. I believe removing the Taliban from power in Afghanistan was absolutely the right thing to do. Yet even I, as a Bush supporter and a supporter of us having gone into Iraq (though I believe we're wasting money there now), see a huge opportunity for a giant set-up happening here.

Last week we had Bush saying that 9/11 could happen again and come from within Pakistan. Now we have this report setting the stage of possible collusion between the Taliban and Pakistan government. They couldn't by any chance be considering applying the same logic to Pakistan they did to the Taliban after the original 9/11, could they? Please tell me we're not gonna see some act of major terrorism here in the near future, followed up immediately with our leaders going on TV and calling out Pakistan for aiding, abetting, and harboring terrorists as the explanation for why warplanes are heading directly for Islamabad. I don't like this.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

May I be the first to say, welcome to the real world.
I once read a quote somewhere that said;

"Everything we know is wrong, once we realise this we are then ready to learn"

I find myself remembering this quote often.

new topics

join