It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails - Serious Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I will not claim to believe in chemtrails but I also believe that anything in life is possible if you set your mind to it.

I'd like to ask a question and appreciate your answers. When people talk about the patterns in the sky during certain times of the day, how much research is put into certain factors such as:

- upper atmospheric conditions
- class C & D airspace

Understand, this is not intended to flame anyone but I am curious as to how many of the massive sightings can be explained by one or both of the above factors and how many cannot.

I know there are other websites out there related to this but ATS has earned my respect enough for me to join and post.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can't believe in chemtrails, simply because I don't believe that you can lay enough of any drug, at such an altitude, and expect it to actually affect the populace.... I'd imagine most gets trapped in the upper atmosphere, and even more gets deposited over the open water (more likelihood), and this is IF it were even being done in the first place....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Agreed. I have to question the impact of the jetstream or gulfstream or even any prevailing winds.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
my take on chem/contrails, definitely not an expert on the topic, but here's my 2 pennies anyway.

they are not using them to get people sick or affect people in anyway...spraying in that manner would not be effective to a large population.

my take on the trails, is that whatever they are spraying is being used to alter the atmosphere or geomagnetic fields of the earth, think HAARP related.

I do consider the weather, but since I have been watching the skies, there is no real pattern to suggest that the trails are weather related. I understand the huge difference between surface and upper atmosphere temperatures, but....

example if its 80 degrees at the surface then at 20,000 feet, it is be 40 degrees and at 40,000 feet the temp might be 20 degrees and these trails form at 20 degrees at that altitude.

then a pattern should form that everytime it is 80 degrees, and planes are at that height, you should see a chemtrail.

However there is no pattern, some say they appear before cold fronts, but I can tell you that after watching the skies before and after 2 fronts passed thru here, there were no trails in the sky.

some also feel that they do it on certain days of the week, that hasn't been proven yet either. It's been 2 whole weeks without a trail in the sky here.

unfortunately, I don't where and how to get exact temperatures of the different altitudes that most of these planes fly at, so nothing can be proved.

AGAIN i do not buy into the theory that Chemtrails are being used on people.

[Edited on 2-26-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i just have a hard time believing the govt would wantonly spray any kind of trails. If we have the means to dispurse chemicals at 30000 feet wouldn't we have the means to have it transparent?

jra

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I do believe that contrails affect the weather. This is a fact. Even NASA themselves have been studying it. With the hundreds of flights per day, that will pump a lot more moisture into the air.

I'm not a believer in the idea that they are spraying chemicals to harm people at all. Doing it from so high up is rather silly. Like Gazrok already stated. Not much of it would reach us and the stuff that would make it to the surface would probably be out in the open ocean.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
my take on chem/contrails, definitely not an expert on the topic, but here's my 2 pennies anyway.

they are not using them to get people sick or affect people in anyway...spraying in that manner would not be effective to a large population.

my take on the trails, is that whatever they are spraying is being used to alter the atmosphere or geomagnetic fields of the earth, think HAARP related.

I do consider the weather, but since I have been watching the skies, there is no real pattern to suggest that the trails are weather related. I understand the huge difference between surface and upper atmosphere temperatures, but....

example if its 80 degrees at the surface then at 20,000 feet, it is be 40 degrees and at 40,000 feet the temp might be 20 degrees and these trails form at 20 degrees at that altitude.

then a pattern should form that everytime it is 80 degrees, and planes are at that height, you should see a chemtrail.

However there is no pattern, some say they appear before cold fronts, but I can tell you that after watching the skies before and after 2 fronts passed thru here, there were no trails in the sky.

some also feel that they do it on certain days of the week, that hasn't been proven yet either. It's been 2 whole weeks without a trail in the sky here.

unfortunately, I don't where and how to get exact temperatures of the different altitudes that most of these planes fly at, so nothing can be proved.

AGAIN i do not buy into the theory that Chemtrails are being used on people.

[Edited on 2-26-2004 by worldwatcher]

The key factor you sould look for are the temperature and the relative humitity.

You can get radiosonde maps from here You are going to have to figure out how to read them, however. good luck.

Keep in mind, that the relative humidity measurements tend to have a dry bias and the instrument is incabable of measuring supersaturated conditions.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I personally do not believe in chemtrails,people who wish to see something in the sky will often see chemtrails and not contrails as others would see.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I agree with Gazrok..I just cant' believe that it would actually affect anyone from that alititude plus there really isn't any evidence that anything is actually being sprayed

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
what are chem trails gurlf trails or whatever?

new topics

top topics

join