It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has Nukes...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarasota
For all those who question if reports about wmd are true or false, ask yourself this:
why wouldnt iran want nuclear weapons?
their goal in life is to destroy the many "satans" of the world. do you think they are concerned more about nuclear fallout or their own agenda?

Welcome to ATS, may I ask which government department you work for ?

Your statement could as easily have the word America replacing the word Iran and making more sense than it does now.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would say that complete destruction is really in the mind of some country leaders these days. At first, I wasn't too sure about the credibility of the news; however, when you think of it, it's already the year 2008... nuclear power and bombs have been there for almost 70 years and that's a pretty long time for the middle east to acquire the technology to gain it.

It's very likely for Russia and China to fund Iran and therefore terrorist group to weaken the US as everyone is racing to be the new superpower. But this will lead to many destructions and when everyone realizes it, it may be too late.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If Iran had nuclear weapons they would announce it ASAP because getting nukes means that you get left alone. N. Korea is a great example.

I will not believe that Iran has nukes until the public display by Iran that they have them.

I think it is in the best interest of Iran to acquire nukes, it would most likely bring peace to the middle east.

I don't think it would be that hard for Iran to have already obtained nukes, therefore I really believe that they don't want them, and are not trying to get them.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust that article either. Our intelligence on Iraq was bad so we can't trust our sources and you sure can't trust Ahmadinejad... he's like a one man propaganda machine.

Remember how highly people rated North Korea's missile abilities? Media published articles saying they now possess the range to hit American shores. Nonsense! Their test missile landed harmlessly in the Sea of Japan.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I completely agree with you about the deterrent effect nukes have. North Korea is up to some horrific business, and yet gets left well alone. Iraq, on the other hand, had done far less, and was invaded without hesitation.

As for it being relatively easy to get nukes, it's not. Enriching uranium for nuclear fuel is a lot easier than enriching it for nukes. to use uranium in a reactor, you either need a very modern nuclear reactor (modern describing the technology being used, not the date of construction), or enrich the natural uranium from its 0.7% uranium-235 content up to about 3-5%. To make a weapon, you need to get that to at least 20% for a pretty pathetic weapon, or over 80% for something that's far more useful.

Then to get weapons-grade plutonium (which is required to make a powerful bomb that's not the size of a large car), you need an operating nuclear reactor, and plenty of uranium fuel.

And, on top of that, you need lots and lots of plans for constructing the weapon, testing phase (including detonation of real bombs), and access to all the ancilliary technologies and materials you need for the entire production run.

Either a country will develop that domestically, or they'll buy it in from overseas. Buying covertly from overseas is a bit risky, as nuclear inspectors can figure out the country, and even specific equipment, that produced nuclear fuel. And, the kicker is, the inspectors can tell where a bomb's fuel came from either before or after it detonates, so covering your tracks is very difficult.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
WOW,I hope this isn't true,cause if it is,than Iran is in some deep sh*t.

The US WILL attack them if they have nukes..............and then we might have a world issue.

So I hope they don't have them or this will be a global issue.

If they have them,than I totally agree with the US going in(with a coalition)to disarm the renegade nation.

[edit on 4/24/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
if a nuke war starts i hope S. Arabia gets taken apart ..they are behind all the Islamic terrorist attacks and funding all Islamic political parties in Europe...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

It isn't easy to build a nuke from scratch. It's pretty easy to buy one from someone that was hungry.(U.S.S.R. 1989-recent times)

Not to mention the fact that much of Iran's ballistic missile program came from N. Korea. How hard would it really be for Iran to buy some nukes from N.Korea?

Not to mention how many nukes have "gone missing" over the years.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Do you really think that Iran has nukes?? Don't you think with the crazies that run Iran would have destroyed Isreal long ago if they did??

They might be getting help from China/Russia, but I highly doubt that they actually have nukes. The title is misleading. Show me the proof before you make such statements.

And for Iran's overconfindence..... It's just national pride. Nothing wrong with it. The threats are just to keep everyone riled up and to let the national community they are not push-overs. Everybody knows the United States could carpet bomb Iran if we really wanted to (not counting the consequences from doing so), but we could. It has nothing to do with them having weapons of mass destruction.

Again, show me proof first. Then I'll consider it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

So Iran is a renegade nation simply because they won't allow the US to bully them?

Seems to me that bush is the renegade here - how many wars has iran fought in the last 5 years, and if they are such renegades, why don't russia and china (amongst others) have any problem with them?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
Another article intended to fire up peoples patriotic fervour in order to get public support for another pointless war upon another nation.
Just more brainwashing propaganda in my opinion.

Absolutely, and why is it again that we should give a $hit about Israel?

O yes, they on purpose shot up our USS Liberty!!! That is a good friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Seeing how someone posted up plans on the internet a few years ago they should have had it about the same time as most fifth and sixth graders here. I think it was back in 2000 or 2001? At any rate they need to fire their scientists, cuz those dudes are not just milking the clock their taking extra buckets home.

So what. They figured out how to make a bigger mess than they can clean up. Sure sign of a child or an idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Seems to me that bush is the renegade here - how many wars has iran fought in the last 5 years,

None but they are at equal fault for the millions killed in the war with IraQ under saddam.

Good track record to quote from eh? Don't forget though GWB is a cokehead so anything goes there.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

So iraq invades iran because of border disputes, iran fights back, they clobber each other for 8 years, then make peace, and don't forget that this enmity has been going on for a long, long time - and this shows that Iran is aggressive how?

Ok, let's go one step further - Iraq had a dictator who was always on the warpath, Iran has a democratically elected government who have had no wars for 20 years.

Iran aslo stopped their nuclear weapons programme in 2003, according to the responsible authorities verdict and also according to an NIE done by over a dozen US security agencies last year.

[edit on 24/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Lol,I thought you were going to put me on "ignore",atleast thats what you said in that other thread.Anyways,by renegade I mean that they do not have the control needed to posses a nuclear weapon.They are unpredictable and would easily like to turn Israel into glass.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I took you off.

You really do need to get some understanding of the area - iran has had one war in the last 30 years, when they were attacked by an aggressor.

Like most people, you have no idea about what iran wants, and choose to listen to the MSM about what the president was supposed to have said, rather than what he actually said.

His words were "The Israeli regime must be wiped from the pages of time" meaning that the israeli government should be overthrown because they are the regions aggressor.

Now if you can state some facts, with something to back it up, I'll happily discuss it.

If you're just going to spout un-informed rhetoric and bush propaganda then I won't.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I was under the impression from some posters at ATS that Iran couldn't be allowed nuclear weapons because as soon as they get them they'll use them on Israel.

At the time of posting Israel hasn't yet been nuked so either the Iran having nuclear weapons story is a fallacy or the idea that Iran will be launching on Israel as soon as they have nukes is incorrect.

Take your pick, you can't have it both ways.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Iran hasnt had a war in 30 years? Hezbollah, Sadrs militia and Hamas are Irans proxies........The question is who's next? Saudi Arabia. Sneeky folks they are. Have you guys ever read Irans state run media? They seem to follow politics here. Whatever John Kerry or Michael Moore says, they repeat it.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonhb

Iran has Nukes...

crossfirewar.com

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Wednesday to governments in the West-Russia who know privately that Iran not only has a nuclear weapons program but also nuclear warheads for its ballistic missiles. An invitation to discuss Teheran’s non-negotiable position. Of course governments don’t want to say publicly what they know and publicly state Iran has yet to produce nuclear warheads, but Iran revived its nuclear program in 1986 and it would not take long to produce nuclear weaponry especially with the support Beijing has provided Iran, support which China has also sent through North Korea. China’s government was eager to do so becuase they know Iran-Pakistan have the potential to weaken three of China’s rivals, the West-India-Russia. An Iranian exile once told me he last visited Iran in August 2001 and in the hotel he was staying in Teheran there were a lot of Chinese technicians he assumed were working on weapons of mass destruction.
(visit the link for the full news article)

What's the point of posting something with no credible source??? Iran is cocky because it helps Hezbollah and Hamas?? zzz you got to be kiding me lol. "An Iranian exile once told me", the best source I have ever heard of in my life. Iran contentiously said they don't want nuclear weapon, 'in public' unlike your source that's good enough for me.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonhb

Don't forget that OBL was trained and armed by the US, as was the taliban - fighting russia by proxy.

There's many more examples if you'd care to take a look.

I repeat - Iran has had one war in 30 years in which it fought an aggressor who violated its borders.

During the same time period, how many "conflicts" has the US fought?

How many countries have they interfered in, how many groups have they armed, how many terrorists have they trained?

You can't have it both ways y'know.

[edit on 25/4/2008 by budski]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join