It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location of Mass Graves Revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Location of Mass Graves Revealed

mohawknationnews.com

At a public ceremony and press conference held today outside the colonial "Indian Affairs" building in downtown Vancouver, the Friends and Relatives of the Disappeared (FRD) released a list of twenty eight mass graves across Canada holding the remains of untold numbers of aboriginal children who died in Indian Residential Schools.

The list was distributed today to the world media and to United Nations agencies, as the first act of the newly-formed International Human Rights Tribunal into Genocide in Canada (IHRTGC), a non-governmental body established by indigenous elders.

In a statement read by FRD spokesperson Eagle Strong Voice, it was declared that the IHRTGC would commence its investigations on April 15, 2008, the fourth Annual Aboriginal Holocaust Memorial Day. This inquiry will involve international human rights observers from Guatemala and Cyprus, and will convene aboriginal courts of justice where those persons and institutions responsible for the death and suffering of residential school children will be tried and sentenced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mohawknationnews.com
redicecreations.com

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
UNREPENTANT: KEVIN ANNETT AND CANADA'S GENOCIDE (documentary)

Google Video Link

Description of video found at: HiddenFromHistory.org

This documentary reveals Canada's darkest secret - the deliberate extermination of indigenous (Native American) peoples and the theft of their land under the guise of religion. This never before told history as seen through the eyes of this former minister (Kevin Annett) who blew the whistle on his own church, after he learned of thousands of murders in its Indian Residential Schools.

mohawknationnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Good article Chad. It's amazing the things people will do in the name of religion. It's more about greed, but religion is frequently used as a cover for these types of horrendous acts.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Another awesome find Chad. Starred and flagged as usual.

I almost posted this one the other day myself. It is absolutely disheartening what is being done to these people. Everyone needs to see this and step up against these scum.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to posts by DimensionalDetective & LLoyd45

Thanks for reading that article & thanks sharing your opinions about it. I appreciate the information y'all provide, daily. It's nice to know that more massacres, mass-burials, and mass-murderers, who lead wicked religious-organizations are being exposed to the world.

I appreciate your protests against those evils & and I appreciate your support for the victims of those evils.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This was going on in the 1950s

I had no idea. Burn them at the stake!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm speechless.

Flagged and thank you for posting.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Don't blame the religion, blame the people who did it. This is not part of the Christian Faith. It's Monsters pretending to be part of a religion to obtain positions of power over others. As to those people (if alive) they should pay dearly along with anyone who turned a blind eye.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I know what you mean. I appreciate your input. Thanks for sharing your views with me & others. From the 1970s & beyond Native Americans were sterilized, quite often.

Native Americans Secretly Sterilized - George H.W. Bush

Description of Video:

Native Americans Secretly Sterilized - Then United Nations ambassador George H.W. Bush used U.S. government money to sterilize undesirables around the world, including 25-50% of Native American women of child-bearing age (statistically, ages 15-44).

[edit on 23-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The rez was, and still can be, a terrible place. However, I would be very interested in the results of this proposed inquiry, as MNN has provided no evidence as to this being murder. All they seem to know, (which most Canadians do), is that a lot of kids died in the rez, and that it was covered up. I do not see any evidence of a systemic genocide occurring.

Until forensic evidence pointing to murder surfaces, I am going to be looking at this as a reflection of the incredibly underfunded Rez system, and the resulting deaths from malnutrition, hypothermia, and disease prevalent in such a system. The schools, in my opinion, were more than likely attempting to cover up their negligent conduct, than they were to commit a genocide.

Whether or not the politics that lead to this system being created can be considered murder, is another matter however.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Blaine,

I wasn't trying to blame it on religion. I simply meant many individuals try to justify their actions through it. It saddens me when people abuse the trust placed in them like these individuals did.

[edit on 4/23/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

You're welcome Chad, and I always looked forward to reading your post as well.Keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Its not so much the part about how these children died. Everyone should know that it wasn't the musket that killed the most Indians; it was the microbe. The part that pisses me off is the fact that it has been so long since these locations were disclosed. This is the part that upsets the Indian. Not so much the "forced" attempted indoctrination of these children, but not being able to properly mourn the loss; to perform the proper ceremonies in the reasonable amount of time.
The Canadian government is at least trying to treat First Nations as people these days, but they haven't made as much progress I think as the Americans. We are a defeated peoples. Survival these days is assimilation. That does not mean we should lose our "culture" (you came HERE) but if you treat the Indian as people as you so strive to each other, and leave us the reservations so we can keep our culture alive (we can't just "go" back to our own land since you are on it), there is no reason everyone can't be happy.
At least disclosing these locations is a small step. Now, if those damn Canucks would quit flooding our reservations and God forbid, discover oil or uranium on them, things will be just fine.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Its not so much the part about how these children died. Everyone should know that it wasn't the musket that killed the most Indians; it was the microbe. The part that pisses me off is the fact that it has been so long since these locations were disclosed. This is the part that upsets the Indian. Not so much the "forced" attempted indoctrination of these children, but not being able to properly mourn the loss; to perform the proper ceremonies in the reasonable amount of time.

That's a good point Creewolf. It's kind of like the pain and worry that fills a parents heart when they have a child missing, and have no idea where they are or what has happened to them. They need closure in one form or another.

The Canadian government is at least trying to treat First Nations as people these days, but they haven't made as much progress I think as the Americans. We are a defeated peoples. Survival these days is assimilation. That does not mean we should lose our "culture" (you came HERE) but if you treat the Indian as people as you so strive to each other, and leave us the reservations so we can keep our culture alive (we can't just "go" back to our own land since you are on it), there is no reason everyone can't be happy.
Assimilation may be survival in today's World, but if I were an indian, I'd never surrender my cultural heritage no matter what the cost. That's like a person's memories and self-identity, and should never be taken away from them.

At least disclosing these locations is a small step. Now, if those damn Canucks would quit flooding our reservations and God forbid, discover oil or uranium on them, things will be just fine.
There probably isn't much luck of that happening any time soon. Greed seems to motivate most human actions anymore.

[edit on 4/24/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
In many ways, things are better for the Indian. I sure get better treatment and healthcare for appendicitis from a modern hospital than I would with a birch-bark tea from a shaman. LCD-HDTV is better than listening to rain patter off a leaky tepee at night. If I go turkey or deer-hunting and I come home empty-handed, I barbeque a rack of beef ribs I bought at the local grocery.......you get my point!

People like me have chosen to stay off the reservation because assimilation is easier. I don't even speak Cree. As I said, we are a defeated peoples. Some of us have chosen to stay on the reservation to keep our culture, our stories, our past ways and beliefs, alive. I've kept my sense of being Cree, I honor my elders, I don't want lose my "connection" with my heritage, but, at the same time, I DO like computers, technology, and whiskey! In a way, I AM one of these lost children because I was adopted as a baby. (Glad I wasn't Canadian). I was summoned back when I was about 12 by a Shaman/Elder, but I didn't act on it.

I will someday go back to the Rez to live my final years. I've found my connections, my elders, but pursuing that right now is not what I want to do or where I want to be. I like my life the way it is right now.

I should be allowed that choice. The Rez should ALWAYS be there. If I was summoned again because there was another threat to its existence, I would go back to it in a heartbeat despite the life I've built being off of it.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As a Candian, I'm ashamed any of this ever happened. To make maters worse, I still see this kind of stuff going on, although never to this extent.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

i believe in the law of average and the people responsible for this will pay for what they did whether it be in this life or the next. this makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Years ago Bruce Cockburn observed that the Indian Wars had not ended with Wounded Knee.

There are many ways to go to war. Forced confinement on a piece of # ghetto property was Hitlers first step in WW 2......small pox, starvation and brainwashing the savage into thinking he was "wrong" was the way of the "Europeans" in North America. If that did not work they simply shot them.

I hear, everyday, the way that whites look upon the Native population in Canada. They joke about it, they listen to "Brockett 99", they complain that the "Indians" get everything free...etc, etc.

I was gone a long time, I am now back and free and able to see what society has become in the last 25 years. I see very little change in the way the "whites" look upon the Indian Nation...but I see a very powerful regrouping of the people.

They cannot throw us in prison and mistreat us now the way they used to...we own the prisons....they cannot stuff us into a ghetto and ignore us anymore...we own the ghetto....and soon they will not be able to continue to destroy our land...we own this land.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

CreeWolf,

I spent some time in LaRonge in Northern Canada this year. The people still speak Cree as the main language in many Northern Areas. I visited many Northern reserves and I was amazed upon the hard work many people are doing to educate themselves. Many are working upon a BA or Masters and empowering themselves.

In Manitoba and Saskatchewan I was told that soon the "Indian" population will soon excede the white population.

I was told many prophecies concerning the coming times. It seems that the time of healing and renewed spirit is here. Black, white, red, yellow...we will recognize the damage we have done to earth and to each other...only after almost losing it all.

Read the "Hopi prophecy"...google it.

Our fathers, mothers, sister and brothers bones scream from the grave.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Don't blame the religion??!!!

Oh..OK...!

If you look at the history of the Christian religion from the time of Constatine and onward you will see a history of genicide and war.

All you have to do is look upon the comments of the Christian leaders we have today.

Look at the comments of Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, John Hagge etc.

These "Christians" have not so much as lifted a finger to help the oppressed...in fact they cheer on the American Machine every Sunday morning and pray for it ignoring the millions who have been killed during a few generations of American Power.

Billy Graham prayed with Richard Nixon as he allowed millions of innocents to die.

Hagge prays for Israel as Palestine is raped.

Mr. Robertson calls for the death of Chavez because Chavez spreads wealth from greedy American oil companies to the poor of South America.

You have been lied to. Wake up.

If America is an example of a Christian nation then God is a lover of war and death.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow. I can't believe people would do something like that.
Great post. Starred & flagged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join