It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragonball Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i couldnt find any thread about this so i decided to start one.

Anyways i'm really concerned about this movie because it looks like a crapshoot so far from everything i've seen about it, i'm not going to bother posting the images out on the web mainly out of protest, also i have to say that dragonball is probably the gfreatest anime and mange i've ever seen. in order to make a movie out of it they would have to literaly create the world for the movies not try to put it in the real world simply becasue that would not be dragonball and thats not the case now.

i'm sure i'm not alone in this but i think this movie is going to be a drag and i will not even bother downloading it much less paying to see it.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Pretty much everything I've seen and heard about it is disappointing.
Chow Yun Fat as Master Roshi has to be one of the biggest mis-castings of all time.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I could've told you it was gonna bomb from the day they announced it.
To me, the series bombed completely as is...if I wanna hear guys grunting, I turn to the wonderful NHL to provide my fill.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
well what did u guys expect? it may not be exactly the same as the manga or series, but it will be good. as for the saiyan saga, who would be the best to play characters such as vegeta, raditz, and nappa? my choices are, shane west as vegeta, chris klein as raditz, and nathan jones as nappa. as for the cast of the first movie, they could've done way better

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It seems like a joke that isn't a joke but should be a joke.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
to tell u the truth, I think it'll be awesome, even though they made bad casting choices for the timeline. but I think I could've done better with it.
for this saga, which is the demon king piccolo saga. the better choice for goku would've been josh hutcherson. for piccolo, vin diesel. for master roshi,james wong. for yamcha, well joon park is probably the best choice. if krillin was in here it'd be best to use some asian kid same age or size as josh hutcherson. for bulma, emmy rossum is ok but zooey dechanel would've been better. as tien if he was in it, sean william scott. that's about it for this one, but what about the sequel?they kinda messed up with this one, we just gotta hope they don't mess up the saiyan saga. so here are my ideas for the cast, justin chatwin is perfect for this saga, but how about vegeta, raditz and nappa? so my choices are shane west for vegeta. chris klein for raditz. nathan jones for nappa. tell me what you think of this. pretty awesome if you ask me, a true dragonball fan lol

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The problem is that the characters are all Asian, and should be played by Asians (except for maybe piccolo).

But instead the cast is played by actors who are just not filling the cool believable factor for me. The main guy looks like the lead of a teen high school drama. In fact they all do, except for Yun Fat (which sounds like a terrible Roshi, he is just the token asian guy, not at all fitting Roshi's age or temperament or personality).

Look at this picture:

Look at her hair, Look at his symbol shirt. They are having Americans that are playing weird psuedo asians. It's just Americans saying "Yea we're going to make a terrible terrible movie, but we are going to steal the characters, setting, and plot premise from a Japanese Anime".

I so would have preferred a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon type movie than this.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
in the anime, i remember seeing some black people too, so not all the characters are asian. plus, can you honestly imagine an alien looking asian? i can't, as for tien, he looks more white than asian. the only characters that really looked asian in the anime were, chi chi, krillin, chao tsu, master roshi,and yamcha. oh yeah, and what's with the story of the dragonballs? they weren't created by men, they were created by kami. that's what I hate about this, james wong thinks he can come in and change some of the most important facts of a story that isn't even his. if this movie sucks I hope they do a reboot with someone who'll stay true to dragonball, like jj abrams. that guy cna work wonders when it comes to filmmaking.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I would have to say this is not a huge disppointment to me....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
are you saying that Goku is asian, i thought he came from the planet Vegita, as a matter of fact, im 100% sure thats where he came from, I've seen every episode, all the movies (Brolly owns your soul) and i never thought once that Goku looked asian.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Black hair, black eyes, speaks Japanese...of course their asian, 'cept for Bulma.

Here's the trailer

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

that's exacly wha I mean, he's an alien, so he's not white or asian, he's a saiyan, and in he anime he did look like a white guy. vegeta looked more asian than him. bulma didn' look asian either but her dad kinda did, oh yeah, and i fogot, so did yajirobi.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ya know i didnt think it would be possible to make anything lamer and cornier than the dragonball cartoon, but the movie is just going to blow cheese out the screens.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
From the promo it looks like we might be lucky too see five minutes of ki being used. Bleh, looks crappy! The games however are great!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i just say a dragon ball live action movie, it was as corny as the original Godzilla movie, it was in japanese, with the voice overs, they called them "dragon pearls" not dragon balls, i only watched a little bit before i said, and i quote "sad man, just sad"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
man was this just a direct to dvd that slipped through the cracks or what man!!! what a piece of fly covered poop

new topics

top topics

join