It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Phoenix Lights a Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

New Phoenix Lights a Hoax

www.azfamily.com

PHOENIX -- Phoenix residents and the media still are abuzz over the mysterious four red lights that appeared in Monday night's sky in north Phoenix.
A man who lives on the north side of the city, however, claims he's responsible.

The man, who did not want to be identified, told 3TV that he used fishing line to attach road flares to helium-filled balloons, then lit the fares and launched them a minute apart from his back yard.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So was it really a hoax or is this admitting of a hoax really just a hoax. How are we to tell? This guy could have been paid by our military to do his "patriotic duty" or it could have really been a hoax all along which could have been perpitrated by a paid hoaxer from our government to stir up alot of controversy and then pulling the rud out from underneath us at the last minute. Or maybe it really was a simple prank by a simple man. Either way we all look pretty silly now. I give up. The truth is out there but I'll be damned if I can find it anymore.

www.azfamily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think he is lying because in some of the video the lights moved together and then moved apart. I just don't think it being flares makes sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I saw the video. They were definitively not flares on balloons.

They moved at rapid speeds and 90 degree angles, almost like a laser light projection on the clouds.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They've apparently found a new, innovative way of spreading disinformation about UFOs. I guess this means we'll stop hearing the ridiculous "floating lantern" official explanation for UFO lights and no enter an era of "hoaxsters with road flares and balloons" official story.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I knew this would happen.

Some guy posted a video in another thread about these lanterns. But that guy said he used flares and balloons.

I think maybe it is a cover up BUT the people who wanted the cover up did so because they thought it was actual alien craft rather than lanterns etc.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
this has been on cnn and on fox news this morning also. interesting stuff
though.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If the Government were interested in covering up, why would they deny
having any aircraft in the area at the time? Why not say "oh yes, we had several fighter jets in the skies that night performing some routine manuevers." That would have certainly squashed the whole debate in the minds of simple Americans who are all too eager to believe that their government has their best intrests at heart. -devils advocate

This is going to S.O.P. now, I hope you all relize that.
The ufo flyovers are going to increase and as they do there will always be some A-hole willing to take the fall with some bu!!$hit story about freakin baloons and road flares.
But, maybe that is all it was and we just WANT so desperately for it to be something more.
This will now "GO AWAY" from the mainstream and will only be discussed by people on ATS and other such sites. Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What I found interesting on CNN's report today is that it was supposed to move slowly but the balloons/flares got swept by "jet wash" which moved them around. The hoaxer claims he didn't know it was illegal and was just having fun.

Thats from the CNN report on TV few minutes ago. They keep repeating it every few minutes so might catch it again.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Unidentified man? Balloons, fishing line, and flares.

I think good reporting would require this unidentified man to repeat what he did.

Go to the exact spot at the same exact time, and do it again.

Why would they just take his word for it? I'll answer that....Because they know he can't duplicate what everybody saw. If he could they would have him do it.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How lame is the government?

They have to go to this extreme to discredit the sighting?

Come on!

This man was clearly threatened or payed to say this.

There were no balloons or flares in that video!

You would see them swaying in the breeze not flying in formation holding its form.

Ridiculous

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ummm. I don't understand why people get so worked up over lights in the night during times when people are mostly indoors. Our eyesights don't work well without sufficient light sources, by the way and this makes testimonies by eyewitnesses all the more complicated to 'prove'.

If these 'UFO's were legitimate, could be viewed during the daytime and enough people come outdoors, then with cameras and videos on hand we as a group could prove once and for all that UFO's exist. It's too bad the recent Phoenix lights appears to be a 'hoax' at this time.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This stuff cracks me up. Earth humans are so darn gullible, so damn stupid. The funniest thing about all this is how so many fools made the stretch from "unidentified" to "extraterrestrial". UFO mean "unidentified" flying object ~ it does NOT mean or imply ET is here. What a bunch of goofballs.

How do so many Earth chumps make the leap from "unidentified" to "extraterrestrial"? On what evidence was this even remotely an ET spacecraft story, as many idiots were speculating? You would think if you're guessing, "extraterrestrial" would be way way way down on the list of speculations, listed right under bats now flying around with red tail lights at night.

Let this be an example, a lesson, to all you foolish guessing make-believer liar liars out there. It's one thing for little children with immature uneducated imaginations to go from "unidentified red lights in the night sky" to "it's ET", but for grown adults to start talking the same in a serious way WITHOUT any proof or evidence PROVES how stupid some humans can be. I hope they feel embarrassed and foolish. Too funny. Stupid humans.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Shouldn't be too difficult to re-create. If someone were to duplicate what he described and videotape the results, you should either have something that closely resembles the original footage or you have an indication that the supposed hoaxer was lying.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Sounds good, however, I do believe this may be a crime where a lot of people live.

With my luck, the balloons would pop before the flares ran out, and I would burn down somebody's house.

If you really think about what the guy says he did, it would be really stupid, and very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Flares? Well, they sure fooled the Air Force, who scrambled jets out of Luke AFB at the time of this occurence. Our military must be pretty stupid.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

cbass, just remember that you have to use your own judgment and don't come to a conclusion because others may cry wolf. Look at all the data available and don't throw out anything. I think it was a hoax but I can't throw out that in the high gas price and food price days of today that if the government came to me and offered me ten grand to say I did a hoax then I wonder if I would do it. It's still out there and the recreation of it should be done for all to see. My commonsense still tells me that it was a hoax by a man who didn't show his face or want to be known so the fifteen minutes of fame doesn't apply. And if everyone wants to find out if it's possible then try it out yourself and quit asking someone else to do it for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197
reply to post by SystemiK

Sounds good, however, I do believe this may be a crime where a lot of people live.

With my luck, the balloons would pop before the flares ran out, and I would burn down somebody's house.

If you really think about what the guy says he did, it would be really stupid, and very dangerous.

I suppose that all depends upon where you live. I'm surrounded by miles and miles of open desert. I was not suggesting that anyone send up flares over a city if that was the impression I gave.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
Flares? Well, they sure fooled the Air Force, who scrambled jets out of Luke AFB at the time of this occurence. Our military must be pretty stupid.

What? I must have missed something. Can you point me in the direction of where you read this?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I just wonder if a UFO landed in Times Square and sat there for 3 days and then took off, would the Government be able to wiggle out of it?
Would they be able to persuade the simple minded mass that what they thought they saw was not what they saw at all?
Would we all go on with life as if nothing ever happened? Is the Gd damn
government so powerful that they can explain anything away?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join