It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Mind Control Through Network TV: Are Your Thoughts Your Own?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Chomsky herman - manufacturing consent, Habermas and the public sphere - these are fairly casual subjects - a cursory glance at Orwell should be enough for even the most uninformed.

The experiments of the CIA have always been known so there is not much new here. The church used these same techniques during the inquisition - these things are outrageous conspiracies only when you have a fractured understanding of history.

The most intriguing thing here is the fact that there is nothing new, that something can be rehashed so many times by the ill informed - futurists and revolutionary manifesto's have repeatedly called for the burning of books and destruction of knowledge so that we may start anew - discover again - no need to burn anything - it appears there is a natural tendency for people to be constantly amazed at what right in front of their eyes.

Gold fish syndrome.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by audas]

[edit on 24-4-2008 by audas]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's so sad that, even in this day in age with things such as the internet, people can get away with this crap. In the middle ages, the crusades got started because of this kind of mind controll and propoganda. By far the worst part of this is, there will always be people who will be in a positon to that this will be posible in.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I guess it's a good thing I don't watch television - I choose to rot my brain with computer/console games, ATS and movies.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Found another excellent read today that sort of indirectly ties into this IMO...I believe that the brainwashing and behavioral pattern manipulation being propegated by the MSM's endless propeganda creates a "hive mind" type of mentality in a large section of the masses...This writer discusses points on this hive mentality, as well as "the free thinker" who is often classified as "whacko" for not falling into line and being part of the unquestioning herd...

"Bulk Thinking"

Of course, it sometimes makes for efficiency as well. Dealing with humanity in the mass rather than in the detail has enabled the British to rule the earth for 200 years; today, the same principle serves the Americans well. The trick is to combine bulk thinking with judicious exceptionalism. It wouldn't do to regard "All democracies are safe" as an a priori truth. '"Democracies with the exception of those in which mullahs have a tendency to win" are safe' is a safer rule of thumb. All successful imperialists have mastered the art of thinking in bulk and at the same time making exceptions.

Good points below---I have all too often seen people be threatened as being unpatriotic for questioning their gov, as well as the endless, "right-wing, left wing battles" that continue on, despite the fact that there really is little difference between these parties anymore---They are all serving the same special-interest elite.

And some of our finest sentiments are rooted in bulk thinking. Patriotism, for instance. "All and only those who speak my language – or come from my corner of the world - are worthy of respect." What sentiment could be finer! It has sent young boys to meet death with casual disregard, to write poems of heroism ("If I should die, think only this of me....") and of posthumous regret ("What hope for these that die as cattle...?").

Party loyalty, too, is rooted in this principle. "All Tories are toffs" makes no exception for the grocer's daughter. "All Labourites are beer-bellied" similarly ignores the waistline of the party's present and former torch-bearers.

The below paragraph again, I can relate to...I often feel like I'm on the outside of the group, looking in...My thoughts are not like most of theirs. Where they just go about their days carefree, the things I see trouble me greatly...I feel like I am alone at times, like I am walking among a catatonic species...

It is the humanity of the individual. This creature is more of an endangered species than those protected and preserved by the EPA. The unit of mankind must be hunted out, like game, for he hides in odd places. He is invisible because he is not of the herd. He can't be seen scampering with his fellows to safety over dangerous terrain. He is a loner. Every thought comes to him like a revelation. He does not borrow ideas or words. He deals with you man to man. And he hides, not out of fear, or at least the fear of being eaten alive, but for fear of being classified. The classified is the ossified. To be classified is to be safe, as safe as dinosaur bones. Again, I am not speaking of physical safety. There is a kind of animal warmth shared by those who think alike, dress alike, speak alike.

Source
opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yeah this is an important thread.

I've had no cable for almost a year now. I've noticed when I run at the gym, and a station is stuck on CNN, I can see the visual noodle job they are pulling on the audience.

I've experienced anger when I look at CNN. Weird, because I'm normally very happy & positive.

But I think along with the noodle job they are pulling is a subliminal programing.

I starting thinking about the switch to ALL digital. Makes me wonder if the digital signal is what is needed for more subliminal programing to be pumped into people.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Mind Control. Not Happening. I do believe there may be some manipulation in the news going on. Like the housing market. They started saying this cant last the bubble is going to burst, which after repeated warnings it did. Now I was watching CBNC last night and they were doing the same thing with commodities. Saying it cant last, rice and grain are at is peak the bubble is about to burst. I just hope it has the same effect it did with the housing market.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Television is a propaganda machine. Like anything,(a toaster,microwave oven,car,gun,the internet,knives,money etc.)
it could be used for good or evil. however like most technology, it ends up being used for evil ends. Personally, I find it very hard to justify sitting in front of the idiot box watching the latest episode of (insert mind numbingly
lowest common denomenator catering to, T.V. show) when I could be LEARNING about the world I live in on the internet. What I personally struggle with is how much is enough? When it gets to the point of sacrificing quality time with my family in order to keep up to date on how badly humanity is taking it in the @$$ there is definately a problem.
Are we being brainwashed by ATS? Does being a member of ATS improve our mental health or deteriorate it? How much do we all really WANT to know? I WISH to God that I could fall back asleep.

What we all have to ask ourselves is,
Am I afraid to die? You'll find that if you are afraid to die, you are probly
one of the sleepers.
If you have accepted the sting of death and embraced it, and made love to it, coddled it, and held it near to your heart then NO MAN has power over you!!!!! When no man has power over you thaen the decisions you make on a daily basis change, T.V. or no T.V. You are now free to make your own decisions.
Consider yourself a human being.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

Interesting you brought the army being involved with games now up, I work in this field and as of last six months I've noticed a HUGE job opportunities in the game industry with the US Army! I then realized that they will use games to strip kids from their emotions on killing one another in games, making them immune to feel bad about killing one another.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't believe a thing I hear coming from the main stream media. All the stations have their own hidden agendas that they follow.
reply to post by LLoyd45

They have their hidden agendas, yes. But they are also a large group of them that have a common consensus, to tear down and rebuild the world
according to their "world view". They are the ones I'm worried about.
They are the ones that have a propaganda machine, grandiose!
Yep. No doubt about it in my mind. It is the "Matrix Syndrome"; and many don't want to wake up. The more you wake up, the more you become aware of where the world is heading. It ain't a good place.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

I don't know a single person who want a Police state. Not one. Any of you guys calling for it?

Read this thread and you will see, some are more comfortable with a police state!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Problem with ATS and even the Internet is that we're all hornets in a jar.

However valid our discontents may be, in proportion, the closest they come to seeing the light of day is the illumination from our monitors. Laws are made but not enforced: that's the missing link. Thats the level any chicanery is done at.
Laws are created but case loads get backed up and trials get postponed until the public indignation dies down. There have been enforcements in America relative to political chicanery more than in most countries but how many slip thru the amibiguities in the laws letters. I too am a proponent of the Manufactured Consent theory. In the film Chomsky introduces a term, tacit collusion, that I think is the truth though. GE, Lockheed, Boeing, Haliburton and the like don't get together in skull and bones fashion and hammer out the agenda for the day, like Fox in fact does in their morning memo, its just their common values are self centered and in place of compromise and cooperation they have competition as their modus operandi so their mouthpiece republican lackeys, with their emphasis on individualism naturally seek to divide and conquer. How the FCC allows Fox to operate as an entity for the public good is only a mystery if you don't know who appointed them. And I do think republicans are the problem not big government. If people could be trusted we wouldn't need big government -- wouldn't the crooks love to govern themselves ...god help us then. And there will always be crooks, its a given. Look at every republican administration esp. their demigod Reagans. Do a search on "Reagan administration scandals" on Wikipedia and you'll find the parade of scofflaws. Dems too, but not like republicans. Their idea of freedom is that they don't have to play by any rules like Gingrichs misuse of the speaker appointment. They love dictating but when it suits them they hate dictators -- after they no longer are their dictators. I'm done, now which one of these stupid ass smiley faces do I choose.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I do not usually watch TV, I can't get it at my location. From what I have learned, HERE, I am in full support of us being in Iraq. I also believe the WTC was government engineered, and even the assasination of JFK was done by the CIA, re Hunts' confession. I also know that we will be able to withdraw after the coming nuclear war in the mid-east destroys many Arab cities. WMDs WERE found, they WERE reported, and ignored by most. Saddam anhilated many Kurds in the north. I do not take anything stated by the media as gospel truth, but am as skeptical as I am by professional liars, the 'legal' profession. First hand proof viewed re the media lies, and the 'law prevarication' system. I support law and order, I do not support the liars posing as good, and claiming to work for me. They don't, they are against you, and me. By the people, of the people, and against the people.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

No doubt something is going on. For some reason Americans have become extraordinarily complacent about this war. Meanwhile you have Bush admitting that he knew about the water-boarding tortures. What happened to democracy in the U.S.? America ain't what it used to be.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I do not usually watch TV, I can't get it at my location. From what I have learned, HERE, I am in full support of us being in Iraq. I also believe the WTC was government engineered, and even the assasination of JFK was done by the CIA, re Hunts' confession. I also know that we will be able to withdraw after the coming nuclear war in the mid-east destroys many Arab cities. WMDs WERE found, they WERE reported, and ignored by most. Saddam anhilated many Kurds in the north. I do not take anything stated by the media as gospel truth, but am as skeptical as I am by professional liars, the 'legal' profession. First hand proof viewed re the media lies, and the 'law prevarication' system. I support law and order, I do not support the liars posing as good, and claiming to work for me. They don't, they are against you, and me. By the people, of the people, and against the people.

No offense, but you're a really confused person. I read your post twice and it still makes no sense whatsoever. You think the "WTC was government engineered" yet you support the war in Iraq? What kind of lame-ass sheep are you?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I canned my mind control box about 3 years ago and have no intention of ever getting it hooked back up. I still get locals on the antennae, but I don't watch much but some occassional LOCAL news and The Price is Right -- much better with Drew Cary now

Definitely the best thing I ever did

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hi all.
As has been assumed, people have their minds controlled (more or less) by the media. Mainstream media is controlled mainly by the politics. Politics, as many people have stated here, are controlled by "the few". But who controls "the few"? Here in Czech, we have a relatively well-known group of people who claim that there are negative aliens (infernal saurians, as they call them) who control the world leaders, and, in fact 95% of Earth's population as well. The amount of this controlling is about 90% (amount of
thoughts people have comes from these negative aliens). They claim that it is done by utilizing a very very high-frequency radio waves (10E80 Hz or so, far far higher than any RF signals we commonly know), which are being transmitted originally from another dimensions, where these aliens are located, and then re-transmitted by the antennae located below the surface of the near-side of our moon, down to Earth to directly manipulate people's EM fields, and thus, their thoughts and acts). This process is, as they state, hidden from the public, because as soon as people (many of them) would know that this is happening, they would take steps against that (you don't see a problem -> you don't solve a problem). It is also hidden from the governments, but, as they state, there have been contracts made between these aliens (when they came to Earth in 50s) and U.S. Texts of these contracts are available. Basically it is about the aliens supplying U.S. with the technology they have (mainly military (antigravity, for example) and nanotech stuff) and U.S. agreeing to let the aliens do some people kidnapping and experimenting with them. What the U.S., according to these claims, don't know, is that the true reason of these technologies being made available to them is to made them put a chip into every human being in this world, utilizing it in such a way that it would mean a total elimination of everyone's free will and privacy. (Now, i heard of some people who had volunteered to have those chips implanted, and expecting some kind of gain from it (In part 3 of the Zeitgeist movie, certain woman stated that after 9/11 she became very concerned about the safety of herself and her family, so they had these chips implanted to make them safer - www.zeitgeistmovie.com)). But, as time will pass, these chips will no longer be voluntary and it will be forced that everyone will have them implanted. Also, there have have recently been developed an implantable chips which are able to detect many common mutations of flu, during 2 hours, which is ultra-fast considering other tests available on the market - www.reuters.com...).

That is, assuming a fast spreading of bird flu from the east, a great chance for the governments to force a chip into everyone "for his/her own
good".
So, this group launched a petition against chip totality (back in 2002) and is spreading a word about this entire thing. They believe that there is still a chance that people can fight and win against this being happening. I am not gonna comment my opinion on this, actually I am interested in opinions of other people about this. In case anyone wants more detailed information, they have pretty large amount of info on their english web - www.universe-people.com.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Yeah, I hardly ever watch the tube anymore, and I certainly don't watch ANY "news" from it. Everything is so pathetic from these news casts that once you have awoken to what exactly they are doing, it makes you sick down in the pit of your stomach.

Disney-Great post man. Thanks for your input!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
LOL! Right on cue, to prove this is a REALITY:

Please view the following thread, those of you who still do not believe the MSM is partaking in brainwashing and propaganda excersizes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The news media allows government "talking heads" to give "news briefings", which are nothing more than carefully crafted "opinion and behavioral shaping" excersizes...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

Maybe "control" isn't the right word. Maybe manipulation is more the correct term. Think about it. As a country, we voted for a democratic congress to end the war. To date, they've done almost nothing in that direction. Yet the American people seem to have very little to say about that. We just let them go on because now we've bought into the democratic BS that the new president will take care of everything.

It's like when global warming was the talk on all the news stations back in the 80's. We all thought the sky was falling until the media decided to stop reporting it. When the media stopped reporting it, people thought the problem had been fixed. You see, we think that what is important is what THEY TELL US is important. Until we look for ourselves, we're just sheep being led to the slaughter.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

Indeed...The saddest part is people STILL believe that this current list of hand picked candidates might spawn ONE hopeful electee that will help turn things around from their last 7 years of trainwrecking, when in reality NONE of these people will do a damn thing to help steer our country back on the right track...It's a total dog and pony show, with the Corp and M.I.C.'s hand chosen, special interest puppets parading around and giving BS empty promises, and the MSM spewing their prasises left and right to the brainwashed populace, who bicker and fight over which one of these Elitist pawns will do the "better" job. The gov and MSM have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and propegated the biggest sham ever over the masses---The "illusion" of freedom of choice in who will lead our country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join