It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Warns Of Economic Worldwide Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I support Ron Paul, but in this instance he's wrong. The world may well go into a depression, but that's all it will be. The U.S. won't collapse, it may emerge as something it wasn't supposed to be, but it will still exist. The human race evolves around situations, we would have economic collapse if we continued down the same drunken sailor spending policies we now have in Washington which is killing the dollar more than any rate cut ever could...but I have faith we will turn this around without giving up liberties, or at least not too many.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Gotcha, before my time then. I have no real knowledge of Carter's administration.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Well lets see how bad it gets.. I'm not convinced it will be quite as bad as Paul says it will. If America crashes hard I'll tell you right now it's because of the education system. And that system is screwed because there are too many simple minded parents who just don't care how their kids are doing in school. On top of that the women's power movement has helped to create many divores across the country. Single parents find it harder to know what their kids are up to. America has failed to invest well in education. Higher education/training is the future of this planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

So. True.
Unfortunately all I see in our future is either slavery and sadness. Or blood and sadness.
Either way. Sucks to be us.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think people rely too much on money. We're intelligent, aren't we? Why can't we just work together? Why are we so selfish? Imagine the things that could be done socially and scientifically if money wasn't in the way. I really hope there's a more advanced race out there in the universe. If we're the best that God/nature/whatever could come up with, then that's pretty sad.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
America has never been a welfare state. While there were abuses under the old system more corrupt corporations suck at the government teat than all those on welfare combined... ever. Yet you never here Republicans complaining about that.

Help those who already have is their mantra and screw those in need.

I find it extremely ironic that you say America has never been a welfare state, yet have a signature that says this:

They say give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime... We have become a society used to being given fish.

Seems a little counterintuitive.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

They do raise taxes, but in the right areas. No one upper middle class and below will be affected. Well, that's not true, they'll be affected with a stronger dollar, more spending power, and more money.

Raising taxes is always bad for the economy. For you to agree with the rich bearing the burden and corporations bearing the burden is sad. Hillary Clinton and Obama know that will never work. Higher taxes will further erode the economy because higher taxes means less money for the rich and corporations (who employ around 30-40% of the population). And trust me...if you think that you will not have higher taxes when universal healthcare comes around, you are fooling yourself.

The taxes at the moment are high enough. The problem is the spending is too high which means cutting the entitlement programs and defense budget.

Basic micro/macro economic concepts!

[edit on 24-4-2008 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Could be. If gas gets much more expensive I am going to steal it. I have had it with this crap. Food on the other hand is still not going up where I live..yet. But everytime I fill up my pickup I want to punch a arab baby in the face. JK maybe

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Oh those poor little rich people and corporations my oh so liberal heart bleeds for them.... SOB!!!

Don't you know that historically laying the tax burden on the middle class and poor as opposed to those who have the money is a sure fired recipe for revolution... the French and Russian were directly related to this idiotic practice, one only a rich person (or their lackey) would come up with and one only a fool would support.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A dinner I had last night has me deciding it is time to withdraw from this forum and head to the desert for more productive possibilities. However, as I sit here drinking my coffee before I go out to feed my horses, I am going to be extremely candid about what I see going on and coming down.

It is not the earth or nature that is bringing all of this down; I see nothing in the climate and nature going on that any "Walk,Talk and Chew Gum Human Being" can not deal with. It is mankind doing this; some kind of subminial push for distruction. The "Self Loathing" I see reflected in what people do, the choices they make, the people they support and elect, the morals they endorse or turn a blind eye to, all speak of mankinds deep seeded desire for distruction and in many cases, a veiled desire to see everyone but them and their's destroyed. I won't lie, I would like to see a few billion of you disappear as well and this planet would definately be less strained without so many sucking and eating and tearing it apart. This is the NWO propodents desire as well and they want to be the ones to decide who lives and who dies, who has and who has not. I really have no answers; just observations and a few conclusions that all reflect badly for the human race.

I am one of those who apsolutely believes in UFOs and Alien Races being here but unlike some, I don't believe they are here to help us, they are here hoping these "Aphids On This Rose" destroy themselves but are making sure we don't ruin the planet in the process; which means they will not allow a nuclear war; which means death by starvation and conventional war...a slow death. Am I sick believing mankind hates itself and knows it needs to be destroyed? Do I know even one righteous person? Could I stand before the "Creator" and from my mind defend mankind? No, no, no.

America had a chance with Ron Paul, if the real government and power in this country didn't assasinate, as they did JFK and RFK when they threatened them. I think the American Dream is over and the answers are for just the few. I feel sorry for those in the Big Cities and heavily populated urban areas; the strong will feed on the weak..the civilized.

Now, pray that I am a nut and am wrong. We will all know in the coming months and few years if John Titor was real or a farce...I think his predictions are coming true...just running late www.conspiracyplanet.com...

That is some of what I think.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This is a post that actually scares me. Why? Not because of what you said about hinting at joining the other side. I'm scared because I have had similar thoughts.

I look at my 11, 7 and 3 year old kids and think about the amount of rice they are going to be living on if crap continues to spiral out of control they way it is. Then again, what rice? It's heading out of stores like it's the new gold and the terrible thing is that it seems to be the new gold.

So, I am scared because I feel like on my own I can stand up to this crap that this government has put us in. However, with those little kids depending on me I feel that these bast*rds may have found my weak spot.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I don't know. I think that if they were here to hope we destroy ourselves that they would have done so themselves. They would have taken action to speed it along.

I believe that if they are here that they are more along the lines of what Starfleet had to endure with their primary directive. (I know, I may have just blown any semblence of sanity by many that reference but oh well.)

I believe that they simply can't get involved to the point that many would want or think. Many would say, "If they are good then they would step in and stop this!" Well, why? What would this race learn from some other race stepping in? If we do succeed in f'ing everything up then it is part of the nasty cycle of life.

Just my thoughts on that particular subject. I could go on for hours on it but I'm done with my break.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is what we need all of you waking up and changing things. The three, John, Hillary and Obama have to be stopped.

I watch and only hope that you go off Dem. and Rep. that will tell them where the peoples are coming from. CHANGE

I have faith in you guys.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If I was an American I would vote for Mr. Ron, good man and knows what he is talking about. He would help America to a great extend.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KLSyesca

Bravo, Great post.

If this isn't true, can someone actually show proof that, the ultra rich actually pay taxes. My contention has always been that, yes the rich do pay taxes, but none of then have their returns done at the corner national tax prep office. They have slick tax guys whom, get the taxes they paid, back and probably much much more. Shelters that the average Joe doesn't have access to.

The middle class is disappearing in the US, too bad too, because the middle class are the ones that built this country. The rich just keep getting richer, but really now, how much can you take with you? seriously, how much is enough?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let's see......hmmmmm

We bankrupt the country, allow people to build up huge debt easily, drive the price of oil way up, make medical insurance to expensive for anyone, create some huge disasters on US soil, scare people daily on the news for a long time, paint dismal pictures for foreign policy, have a bunch of idiots run for office, have a bunch of idiots run our government............

......then out of all the ashes we have someone that solves all the problems created by the cartel.

We need to stand strong. We need to come together. We need an American Union.

What is the easiest way to gain support or confidence from people?

Create problems first, then solve the problems created. Bingo! Hero's are born.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Great post, Sator. It's sad that not a single person in this thread has acknowledged it. The solution is in front of our faces and everyone is too afraid to do it. That is the sign that we are all already enslaved, we just don't see the chains confining us. Our chains are mental and they tighten down a little more each time we sit down and watch another show instilling fear in us. Fear of what's different, fear of change, fear of anything but the rosy 50's American dream.

Other posters think about holing up or leaving or saving themselves and their way of life, but the only way to save ourselves comes through sacrifice. In a push for real change, some of us will get hurt, families will be torn apart, people will be jailed, and some of us will die. And that's scary enough for most of you reading this to be paralyzed and do nothing. We will sit in our slowly corroding comfort and do nothing because we're afraid of that sacrifice.

Until that comfort is taken away, none of us are going to be willing to do anything. Rhyming with the past, it will take us to the point of mass changes in standard of living to push the people to rise up.

To me what's even more frightening then a little sacrifice is the idea that "the powers that be" know this very well. More then likely, they have kept us happily pacified and will find any way they can to keep us that way until it's too late for anyone to stand up any more.

To keep with the topic of this thread, we all delude ourselves to think some politician will come and save us. None of us here think our wonderful president is really smart enough to have done a tenth of what he's done in office. So why would we think a single person put into office could undo it??

Ron Paul's right, economic hardships will come whether in a calculated depression or in the death of the middle class. It is in these hardships that we will find opportunity. The more distraught people are and the more suffering in the country, the more likely it is to pull the people into action. It will be in these times that we decide our own fate.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Raising the minimum wage will simply make everything more expensive. If a company has to pay their employees double what they currently pay, then they'll pass that savings on to you and me by doubling the cost of their service or good. Suddenly we'll have the McDonald's $2 menu and the only effect of the minimum wage increase is the same burden on those making min. wage as before while placing an increased burden on those of us who make more than min. wage, but didn't recieve a wage hike equal to the increase in the minimum wage.

Increasing the wage truly does bring the middle class and upper class lower while doing effectively nothing for the lower class.

I totally agree with your explaination.
A minimum wage raise will only hasten the problem. It will make things more expensive. If more money is poured into the ecomomy such as paying an employee more, than costs go up. Think of it this way: More money = everything more expensive to substitute for the extra expenses made.

This is effectively making the dollar worth less.
Think of it this way: More money = worth less (Thus increasing prices). Less money = worth more (Thus lower prices).

I think Ron Paul knew what he was talking about. Unfortunatly, I get the feeling that the majority of voters don't take him seriously enough. He has the tools and the know how to make this country's economy better.

Too bad he'll never get elected.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

We have too many traitors here already the last four decades of Governments to be precise, so if you dont mind, would you send them somewhere else.
My kindest regards to the American People, please defend your Constitution, because if that goes, everything goes, us too!
Horsegiver.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Don't you know that historically laying the tax burden on the middle class and poor as opposed to those who have the money is a sure fired recipe for revolution... the French and Russian were directly related to this idiotic practice, one only a rich person (or their lackey) would come up with and one only a fool would support.

You don't get it. I, and most people who follow free market policies, do not believe that the tax burden should be layed down on the poor and middle class. We believe taxes should be reduced drastically AS WELL as spending including the entitlement programs which "liberals" have created and which will eventually consume the budget bankrupting the country.

Unfortunately most poor and middle class like to rally and say everyone else should be taxed except them in their ignorance- without realizing that it will affect them as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join