It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imminent Arrest Of Americans For War Crimes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

It was passed years ago... read my post.

Sry for 1-liner

I saw that after I re-read the entire thread.

I find it interesting that they redefined torture when, according to this legislation, didn't really have to. It's still a very scary proposition to think that "war crimes" cannot be prosecuted, though I suspect that will only be enacted upon certain "war criminals."

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The only thing in that document (as passed) referring to the Hague:

SEC. 212. ANNUAL REPORTS ON COMPLIANCE WITH THE HAGUE CONVENTION ON THE CIVIL ASPECTS OF INTERNATIONAL CHILD ABDUCTION.

The only thing in that document referring to the ICC:

(c) PROHIBITION ON FUNDING OTHER FRAMEWORK TREATY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS- None of the funds made available for the 2002-2003 biennium budget under subsection (a) for United States contributions to the regular budget of the United Nations may be available for the United States proportionate share of any framework treaty-based organization, including the Framework Convention on Global Climate Change, the International Seabed Authority, and the International Criminal Court.

After reading the actual text(s), I’ll have to assume nothing from that source is reliable or worthy of note.

Here is a link to a printable version:
Link to document.

Just another angry bloger making it up as he goes along.

Too bad people don't read the source data before accepting information as valid.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah he got the article and passed laws mixed up. But nevertheless the US did pass an article exempting American personal or Americans in general from being trailed in Hauge...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I'd like to read that. It would not surprise me and I'm on the fence on this one. I don't want so called Tribunals outside the US having any governing authority over US citizens, but I see the need for some way of dealing with such issues. Its not the concept, it's fears about who would be on the Bench and who would appoint them. A corrupt or biased Tribunal would be worse than nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Check 1st page... I posted officials links to the article from the state department. It doesn't threaten with war. But it keeps Americans out of what I consider to be a fair trial in light of past events.

It worked fine after WWii
I don't think Americans should be affraid of being trailed for no reason by Hauge. I think Hauge is as unbiased as they come... atleast they used to be.

There shouldn't be room for double standarts, such as it being ok hanging Sadam for his crimes on humanity, and then not letting those officers who played around with Abu Gharib prisoners be trialed under the same rules.
Ofcourse they shouldn't be hanged for those offences but trialed non the less!

Basicly saying no to ICC is like saying "I want you guys to play with me as long as I have fun...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Most of you will probably have heard the saying "give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves".

Stop and think........................ I said think....................................

Just maybe the rest of the worlds governments are giving America just enough rope, the easiest way to topple the strongest nation is to give them the extra yard and let their own delusions of power and been the "worlds police" bring down their castle.

How many countries have America had to ask to use their airspace, ports or land to conduct the current wars. How much aid had to be given to get these agreements and at the same time stretching your forces so thin that Mexico could invade the US right now.

Reminds me of playing poker and America's bluff is soon to be called, saddens me that a country we Brits look upon as a younger but stronger brother has strayed so far from what made you great in the first place.

Wolfie

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Man oh man, bush is really going to hang for this... I'm not speaking metaphorically... I mean when the international tribunals are finished with him, he's going to be dangling from a noose with his neck snapped.

Well, he said it... you're either with him or against him. Looks like he just made it VERY easy to see who the criminals are.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii

It saddens me that we have let our once beloved America, slip into the hands of evil horrible men. But what makes me even sadder is that most people just don't even care about it, There still happy waving there flags. Riding around in there car talking about who won "Dance with the stars" last night, and "Oh did you see her spin, it was amazing". . . They go about there daily lives, as if the world around them isn't getting bleaker and bleaker by the day. . . But hey thats ok, a swig of Whiskey and a couple porzac, make all the pain go awa.

WAKE UP AMERICA WERE BEING LIED TO!

Hakii

You may not think what I am going to say to you makes any sense because you probably feel that you believe in God or something along those lines.

What you have said shows you have a mostly Godless attitude, that is what is wrong with the world not the people of any country, they are just trying to live through another day as comfortably as possible.

It is not we the peoples problem, none of us are responsible to fix the world or our government, that is the job of God and He is working on it even now.

If Bush is tried and executed for his crimes what difference would it make?

Another person just like him will come along and do it all over again.

The world belongs to those who call it home, if you knew God you would know this world is not the place of the living but of the dead.

Why is the ground cursed?

Is it for our sake?

Why do men offer their time and energy to make the world a better place?

Are they honest, is it for themselves, or is it that they want to believe it is for the rest of us?

Because we want to believe, we are deceived, and make our offerings and sacrifices to this world, and so evil men only wax worse and worse, otherwise they would be powerless.

The people who do not know or understand why we labor, and that it is right we should, only know of God by the hearing of the ear and not the touching of the hand, they give worship to the creation not the creator and it is blessed to receive their bodies into its mouth forever.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Thanks so much. I missed that link, sorry.

I'll have to go over it later tonight and give honest thought to whether or not the reasons given were valid.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
just out of curiosity, is this a reliable post
I mean the website, it's a blogpost

The 'net' is abuzz with talk of the imminent arrest of Americans for war crimes?????????

Really.... it is? I hadn't noticed!

There is more and more blogspot news posted on this site, but are these reliable sources?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
How many countries have America had to ask to use their airspace, ports or land to conduct the current wars.

Not too many conflicts have happened in our neck of the woods. I think the last is when the Brits burned the White House.

Originally posted by Wolfie_UKHow much aid had to be given to get these agreements and at the same time stretching your forces so thin that Mexico could invade the US right now.

Well, they could TRY to invade. Good luck with that move.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
just out of curiosity, is this a reliable post
I mean the website, it's a blogpost

That's the problem with things in general these days.

I posted on my blog that Wookies capped JFK from the Grassy Knoll. Since it's on the internet, I guess it's true.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Is there any other parties in America except Democ & republicans?? If not how can Americans get around this issue??

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by newday

Originally posted by Hakii

It saddens me that we have let our once beloved America, slip into the hands of evil horrible men. But what makes me even sadder is that most people just don't even care about it, There still happy waving there flags. Riding around in there car talking about who won "Dance with the stars" last night, and "Oh did you see her spin, it was amazing". . . They go about there daily lives, as if the world around them isn't getting bleaker and bleaker by the day. . . But hey thats ok, a swig of Whiskey and a couple porzac, make all the pain go awa.

WAKE UP AMERICA WERE BEING LIED TO!

Hakii

You may not think what I am going to say to you makes any sense because you probably feel that you believe in God or something along those lines.

What you have said shows you have a mostly Godless attitude, that is what is wrong with the world not the people of any country, they are just trying to live through another day as comfortably as possible.

It is not we the peoples problem, none of us are responsible to fix the world or our government, that is the job of God and He is working on it even now.

If Bush is tried and executed for his crimes what difference would it make?

Another person just like him will come along and do it all over again.

The world belongs to those who call it home, if you knew God you would know this world is not the place of the living but of the dead.

Why is the ground cursed?

Is it for our sake?

Why do men offer their time and energy to make the world a better place?

Are they honest, is it for themselves, or is it that they want to believe it is for the rest of us?

Because we want to believe, we are deceived, and make our offerings and sacrifices to this world, and so evil men only wax worse and worse, otherwise they would be powerless.

The people who do not know or understand why we labor, and that it is right we should, only know of God by the hearing of the ear and not the touching of the hand, they give worship to the creation not the creator and it is blessed to receive their bodies into its mouth forever.

Good point but there is a reason why people are punished for their crimes. No American got punished for the Vietnam war maybe that's why everyone in the American government believes they are above the law. Punishments help but does not totaly solve the issue.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I understand that people do not support war crimes. But with all the talk of the NWO and one world government, wouldn't you support a bill not permitting Americans from being held responsible at the ICC or any other international court?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

That would mean we Europeans also had to refuse to extradite people like that NASA hacker. The point is.... it should work both ways if you want friendship, cooperations etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
laws are laws yes but when they start to get funky, it still takes people to live by those laws or not to make the law even worth anything. americans are still bright even thoe a good bunch of em watch not so bright entertainment, you start messin with people freedoms that they were raised into, Im sure voices will be heard an people will unite an get pissed off...

Words are words, Actions are actions, the combination is the secret key....

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
"I wasn't aware that you could post a blog that refers to the post about itself. Seems counter-intuitive to me, and shows a lack of credible resource material."

First of all the article in question DOES NOT refer back to itself! It cites over ten sources many original, including the White House, Official FEMA Documents, and the text itself from the House Bill in question, sponsor by Tom Delay! There are links.

"I shiver at the Orwellian/Clockwork Orange type of world that we're becoming."

The Orwellian 'threat' is not merely a 'threat', it's real. Bush has put himself above the law. DeLay's House Bill was one of many steps Bush has taken --none legal --to put himself above the law.

"So if crimes against humanity/war crimes are not prosecuted, what next, will torture become legal. "

In Bush's mind it is already legal if he does it! He has openly admitted having authorized torture. Certainly --in his own mind, he is above the laws that everyone else is expected to obey. There is a name for this: TYRANNY!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, the Iraq war, or any pre-planning and/or involvement in either. And if those of you who believe the OP actually read or followed the news prior to 9/11 and your new-found obsession with Bush, then you would know what I'm talking about. Having American soldiers exempt from prosecution by the Hague is something that was debated LONG before 9/11, and long before Bush was even in office. In fact, it was something that Bush had discussed as part of his initial campaign for President.

I don't understand why so many of you are so willing to allow an outside power to have legal jurisdiction over our soldiers, especially when we see how corrupt and backwards institutions like the United Nations are. How could we ever properly conduct a military operation or war if our soldiers and their leaders have to constantly worry about every single decision they make and the possibility of it causing them to be sent to the Hague for trial? With all of the anti-American sentiment in the world, and with America being the lone superpower, our military would be constantly under a magnifying glass by the international community. And if I remember correctly, can't any nation that has signed on to take part in this kangaroo court in he Hague take action to prosecute whoever they want? Not that it would always be approved, but I believe they do have the ability to get the ball rolling, at the very least. I wouldn't want enemies of this nation to have such power over our fighting men and women in uniform.

Some of you guys really need to wake up and take a look at the world we live in. So many of you are self-hating Americans because you believe the crap that is being said about us not only overseas, but in the liberal media here at home. I don't think it would be fare if 20 years from now a veteran of the Iraq war was vacationing with his family in France, or wherever, and was suddenly apprehended and dragged off to the Hague for prosecution over something that his unit may or may not have done decades earlier.

And while this court can do a lot of good, it should not be allowed to investigate or rule on issues involving the American military. We are the good guys. We are a force for what is right and what is good in this world. And if and when our soldiers act out in a way that is illegal or immoral, we have shown in the past that we can handle that internally, provided their is adequate evidence for a conviction. And obviously, just as it is with any fair trial, sometimes the bad guys will get off. But that's a side effect of having a fair justice system here, just as an innocent person being convicted is a side effect from time to time. But we don't need to outsource the prosecution of American citizens to some politically-motivated court in Europe. And thank G-D that our President understands the ramifications of signing on to the Hague, and thank G-D that important decisions that involve national security are not in the hands of the self-hating Americans that post on this board!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
And while this court can do a lot of good, it should not be allowed to investigate or rule on issues involving the American military. We are the good guys. We are a force for what is right and what is good in this world.

America once symbolised (rightly or wrongly) all that was good about the Enlightenment project of human progress: economic prosperity, political freedom and equality – a refuge from the more repressive European nations. Rasputin's contribution was a perfect answer to the question ‘Why do people hate Americans?’

Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.
John Adams, second President of the United States (1797–1801) and America's first Vice President (1789–1797).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join