It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imminent Arrest Of Americans For War Crimes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Imminent Arrest Of Americans For War Crimes?

existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com

The Bush administration planned to commit war crimes from the outset of the administration, perhaps even earlier. Long before 911, Bush prepared legislation that would exempt US troops from war crimes prosecution at the Hague, specifically, violations of the Geneva Conventions later violated at Abu Ghraib. The measure positioned Bush in advance to exploit the crime of 911, though it had not yet happened. To this end, Bush sought Congressional authorization to go to war with the Netherlands should US troops find themselves on trial for war crimes at the Hague!

The measure exempting US troops from 'war crimes' was introduced by Rep. Tom DeLay (R-TX) as an amendment to H.R. 1646, The Foreign Relations Authorization Act of 2001, on May 8, 2001. It passed the House 282-137 on May 10 and introduced as S. 857 in the Senate on May 9 by Senators Jesse Helms (R-NC), Zell Miller (D-GA), Orrin Hatch (R-UT), John Warner (R-VA), Trent Lott (R-MS), Richard Shelby (R-AL), and Frank Murkowski (R-AK).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
O...M...G.

Just when I think these maniacs have reached the acme of their lawlessness, I learn something new that leaves me breathless...The following expose reads like something straight out of Ivan the Terrible's personal journals.

Not only did the Bush admin know that 9/11 was coming , but they knew they were going to use it to commit untold war crimes, and to subjugate, very blatantly, international laws and treaties. So much so, that they instituted THREAT OF WAR and INVASION upon International courts if they found themselves, or any other american under investigation or trial!!!

This is MUST-READ stuff!

The bill authorized Bush "...to use all means (including the provision of legal assistance) necessary to bring about the release of covered US persons and covered allied persons held captive by or on behalf of the Court [International Criminal Court, ICC, in the Hague]. Some highlights:

The President is authorized to invade The Hague. Specifically, the bill empowers Bush to use all means necessary and appropriate to bring about the release from captivity of US or Allied personnel detained or imprisoned against their will by or on behalf of the Court.
No US governmental entity --including State or local governments and court of any US jurisdiction --may cooperate with the ICC in arrests, extraditions, searches and seizures, taking of evidence, seizure of assets, or similar matters.

I hope people read these paragraphs VERY closely...As it is absolute proof that our gov believes that NO LAW applies to them---They can murder and torture whoever they want, whenever they want, and as the below sentence declares, no one can even investigate their actions! If that doesn't send a chill up your spine, you must be comatose.

No ICC agent may conduct any investigation in the US.
No classified national security information can be transferred directly or indirectly to the ICC or to countries Party to the Rome Statute.
These provisions are in addition to existing US law (the 2000-2001 Foreign Relations Authorization Act) which prohibits any US funds going to the ICC once it has been established unless the Senate has given its advice and consent to the Rome Treaty.

-----

This measure was introduced before 911 in anticipation of a 'War on Terrorism' and the wars against Afghanistan and Iraq. Certainly no one but Bush, Dick Cheney, Tom Delay, the Project for the New American Century and high level members of the Bush administration anticipated the improbable series of events leading to the American quagmire in Iraq. Certainly, they are not 'psychic' despite a mantra repeated ad nauseam post 911: "No one could have foreseen...."! In fact, only the Bush administration 'foresaw' 911 in such detail, that they planned in advance to make legal the very laws they have in fact violated in the post-911 world.

-----

Certainly, no one but Bush would have foreseen that US atrocities at Abu Ghraib, GITMO and a gulag archipelago of US torture centers throughout eastern Europe would have necessitated measures in advance to put himself, US brass and members of his criminal junta above the law! This measure amounts to a criminal administration positioning itself --in advance --to exploit the crime of 911. It is more evidence that 911 was anticipated. It is evidence that 911 was an inside job.

Anybody still think that this entire thing wasn't meticulously calculated and planned out by these animals?

existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

[edit on 23-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
:'(

It saddens me that we have let our once beloved America, slip into the hands of evil horrible men. But what makes me even sadder is that most people just don't even care about it, There still happy waving there flags. Riding around in there car talking about who won "Dance with the stars" last night, and "Oh did you see her spin, it was amazing". . . They go about there daily lives, as if the world around them isn't getting bleaker and bleaker by the day. . . But hey thats ok, a swig of Whiskey and a couple porzac, make all the pain go awa.

WAKE UP AMERICA WERE BEING LIED TO!

Hakii

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hakii

Indeed...And it goes MUCH further than being lied to...These people have all but declared war on the populace with procedures they've put into place...They are striving for uncontested power and rule over EVERYONE, with no chance at being stopped in doing so. It is something straight out of an Orwell novel. People better wake the hell up quickly, and start furiously writing their congressmen...But even that, I'm afraid, may not do much...As we see, these criminals have insulated themselves from even INTERNATIONAL laws, and they have threatened anyone who tries to bring them to justice with extreme prejudice. It is enough to make me sick to my stomach.

Very, very disturbing...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A very disturbing read thru here, indeed. As I've noted for awhile, I really don't think these guys will give up TWH. And only more recently did I note I think we've actually been under the dictatorship that Bush has spoken so fondly of on several occassions... self-admittedly and in a recent interview (can't pull it now) with a foreign journalist, as long as he's the dictator. Well, folks... that's the way it's been this entire presidency... almost almost 7 full years since the date noted in 1st excerpt.

I give up. I'm done playing by the rules if those in power don't have to either...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
DD you have a knack for bring up these hidden gems. I starred and flagged the thread. I remember when they were passing those laws about war crimes how disturbed I was about it. It's almost as if they are daring the international community to start a conflict over the prosecution of our war criminals. These guys ought to be locked up one by one everytime one of them goes abroad. Planes should be blocked from taking off if they harbor war criminals.

Humanity deserves a better future.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I was wondering why no American national have been arrested for war crimes and now I know why, thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
I give up. I'm done playing by the rules if those in power don't have to either...

Too bad they are the ones with the power to convict you.

I'm not playing by the rules anymore either. And if they come for me, I'll just show them my executive order stating that no law applies to me.

Think it will work?

Rhetorical question.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just had to find an authentic piece of paper on this... ranting articles often tend to paint bigger pictures than they have paint for.

I found this however:

Article 98:
www.state.gov...

I think this article nicely makes itself vague enough to be interprited in whatever way an American president intends to.
I haven't read the ICC treaty, but I'm amazed how they got away with creating it. Naivly it seems like the American president wanted this bill to favor the Americans 100%...

Treaties are about compromised you freaking redneck! (read Bush)
You can't have it all...

Reply to Griff:
Just write a piece of paper that clearly states that your property has renounced its relations with the US and also acknowledges any form of trespassing onto your country as an act of war thus giving you power retalliate with lethal force

Apparently since you didn't sign the ICC treaty, so you can't be held accountable for any deaths happening by your hands in whatever way.

/sarcasm

[edit on 23/4/08 by flice]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. And deeply appreciated. It galls me to no end how apologists for this administration could be so blind. We do not need to go to war for oil. The government has Tesla's plans for free energy. Every dead American is needless. Every dead insurgent is needless. Every dead Iraqi is needless. Everyone could have free energy. No need for a grid or all that expensive infrastructure. I am convinced that only a wholesale housecleaning will take care of all the evil embedded in our government. Americans need to stop voting for Republicans and Democrats to start with. Those two political parties have run the show for two hundred years and for the past fifty they have been running the country into the ground. IF WE AMERICANS KEEP ELECTING THE SAME PARTIES TO OFFICE, THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE!!
It is time to say enough. How can people not see what is happening? To keep voting for one corrupt party or the other hoping for change is total madness. Look at the track record! It is not working.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's an idea... try reading the actual House Resolution in question instead of blindly taking some goober with a blog's opinion (not to mention his outright fabrications) of the issue! www.govtrack.us...

Maybe this blogger is confused and listed the wrong resolution because H.R. 1646 says nothing whatsoever about "invading the Hague" nor does it allude to such actions. This is why op-ed pieces and blogs aren't news, alternative or otherwise. Now it's my turn to tell some folks to deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
meh, the ICC is a pretty watered down instatution regardless, it makes little differance weather the US is in or out, it'ld be unlikely that any US citizen would be bought to justice under it.

the ICC can only act where the justice system in a country is unwilling or unable to act to bring a suspect to justice. there is always a patsy when the instatutions in the US want to stomp on international law, so the justice systems can always be shown to have acted to bring the culprit to justice.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii
:'(

It saddens me that we have let our once beloved America, slip into the hands of evil horrible men. But what makes me even sadder is that most people just don't even care about it, There still happy waving there flags. Riding around in there car talking about who won "Dance with the stars" last night, and "Oh did you see her spin, it was amazing". . . They go about there daily lives, as if the world around them isn't getting bleaker and bleaker by the day. . . But hey thats ok, a swig of Whiskey and a couple porzac, make all the pain go awa.

WAKE UP AMERICA WERE BEING LIED TO!

Hakii

We did not slip. To many brain dead moronic Americans voted them in...again. We pushed them in. I am an American BTW. I know around half of us are self centered greedy and blind, and vote for people like this to our own end.

If you voted for Bush the second time around you have a lot blood on your hands. I give you a free pass on the first time you voted because none of you could have really known then. No excuses the last 4 years and the next either (AKA Mcain).

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thank you for posting this. I was wondering about it. However, I have seen other bills passed by this administration that cannot be argued over. The moves are that of a dictatorship no matter how you look at it. National Security is a shield that murderers have used to hide behind.

However, I do not want to blindly accept everything written. Thank you for doing the research. The only problem is that one needs a law degree, or not in many cases, to understand that it comes down to interpretation.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I refer yet again to Article 98...

I'll agree to that the ranting in the bloggers article blows it out of proportions. He did however get it right when he states that the US will never accept sending people to the ICC...

Article 98:

The Political-Military Bureau at the State Department leads the United States' worldwide campaign to secure bilateral non-surrender ("Article 98") agreements protecting American citizens from the International Criminal Court (ICC)

in 2005:

The United States welcomes the signing of the 100th Article 98 Agreement. On May 2, 2005, Angola became the 100th country to conclude such an agreement with the United States. These bilateral agreements, which are provided for under Article 98 of the Rome Statute, ensure that U.S. persons will not be surrendered to the International Criminal Court without our consent. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Constance Newman signed the Article 98 Agreement on behalf of the United States and Ambassador Josefina Perpetua Pitra Diakite signed on behalf of Angola.

So as long as mr. Bush doesn't recognize a specific action to be crime in his eyes, he ofcourse won't give consent.
Having said that I bet that diplomacy still plays in, but it doesn't seem to me like to many politicians around the world are questioning the Americans type of diplomacy.

[edit on 23/4/08 by flice]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
well.. first off, this isn't from a news source, it's a blog, NOT 'Breaking Alternative News' The blog might be good and have good points...but I wouldn;t call this 'Breaking'...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am a bit confused. Does this mean that Bush cannot be prosecuted for war crimes either? Or just the people who acted out the crimes?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You are indeed correct, we did, vote these people in, and we did push them into office.

But i want to propose and honest question to all in this thread. What can we do to stop them now? They are there, and not going anywhere for some time it seems. WE can write to our congress men, we can protest, we can stand up and fight, and get thrown in jail for being a terrorist, each day few and few of us remain who are knowledgeable, slowly we are being stuck down by the hands of the elite. . . But has it helped our cause at all? we can sit here and post on a thread about what we see going wrong? but does it help? does anyone but the ones open minded enough to hear us out, care to actually listen? nope they blow us off like we are some crazed lunatics. So i ask once again, what can we actually do to stop this and help wrold from getting more blood soaked then it already is? and if an answer does come and i hope someone is able to help us out. . . When do we take action, this past week has been full of horrible news of how America is slowly yet swiftly falling to pieces. . . not to mention the whole world seems to be put in a sort of checkmate, or a janga tower, waiting for that last piece to be removed before all hell breaks lose. . . What can we do NOW to stop this? and if someone is able to give a good answer, WHEN do we do this? The Waves are already huge, just waiting to collapse us all

Hakii

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

First off, I wasn't aware that you could post a blog that refers to the post about itself. Seems counter-intuitive to me, and shows a lack of credible resource material.

Secondly, if this passes, or if it has passed, it certainly sets the US and Israel against the rest of the world. I shiver at the Orwellian/Clockwork Orange type of world that we're becoming.

So if crimes against humanity/war crimes are not prosecuted, what next, will torture become legal. Oooops sorry, it already is. No, we really need to educate as many people as we can about the escalating dissolution of our Constitution and the utter disregard for human life that this, and probably future, government administrations are showing.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

It was passed years ago... read my post.

Sry for 1-liner

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join