It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It is a mystery and thats why I am digging for the truth as to who and what God is. We have his "word " and thats about the end of it.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

It is not as Moses said, 'They hid themselves in an ark' (Gn 7: 7), but they hid themselves in a place, not only Noah, but also many other people from the immovable race. They went into a place and hid themselves in a luminous cloud.

There go those spaceships again. Been delving into Gnostic text for about a year now and I find them illuminating to say the least. Anyone have any backround info on the term "immovable race"?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

I hope you read this, considering how many responses you've gotten. I didn't read all your responses before I wrote this

Genesis 1:26-27
God created man in his own image
So that means we look like God, could that also mean that God has a flesh and bones body also, but a perfected one? If that is true, and angels appear to man today, since they don't just materalize from nothing, wouldn't they need something to travel in? Something we obviously won't understand.
Isaiah 55:8-9
God does not have the same ways as man.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread was this little clip here..

What does God need with a starship?

Good ole Kirk can bring some wisdom to some otherwise hard questions.
God doesnt need a starship.

While you may be talking about Bible verses and what not, I think these videos will bring up a very valid answer to the question you seek.

There are many things in this world, and those who see God as the punisher for sin, or the Trickester God, do not truely belive in the all Loving and true God.

It is a mystery and thats why I am digging for the truth as to who and what God is. We have his "word " and thats about the end of it.

Yet as a simple man, I can not tell you what God really is.
But I can tell you what God isnt.

And Bones has it right there.. I doubt any God that inflicts pain for its own pleasure, and doubt any God that seeks vengance Vs those who may doubt a God that seeks material objects.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

The being in the cloud that led Moses and the Israelites out of Egypt could have been the angel called Michael. In Daniel he is said to be one of the chief princes. Michael is called the prince of Daniel's people.

It's interesting to note that Michael is mentioned a number of times in the book of Enoch. There were six angels that watched and were considered holy. These were:

Uriel
Raphael
Raguel
Michael (who commands the nations)
Sarakiel
Gabriel

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

This question has plagued me for literally a decade now. In 1998, I began an exhaustive study into everything I could find about God, non-Christian POV's, atheism (which is still on-going)...yet, nothing has comfortably answered the question for me of who God is; at this point, I have doubts that this is even an answerable question. And if there really is a Supreme Power (I personally do believe this) it would seem to me that It is the complete opposite of finite, which the material universe is, and all things within it must begin and end, and are limited by ability, circumstance, and environment. If a printed book of how it was done was dropped on earth, it would probably be totally incomprehensible, as the laws of physics are either non-existent in that Realm, or are so highly refined above our definitions that it would be gibberish. MHO, though.

Perhaps this ultimate God used technologically-based emissaries to speak It's will to the personalities of the Bible (Ezekiel and others), the same as if you or I received a message from the President, via an employee of the White House. In dynastic ancient Egypt, the priest was both go-between for the people and the deities, as well as scientist and philosopher, so we have precedent for such a concept right here on earth. The bible says that the entirety of creation is held together by His Word, that God inhabits every portion of existence. That does not require a spaceship to be everywhere at once. But to communicate with the characters within the story, or perhaps to represent Divine authority, some vehicle (pun OK) of interaction would then seem necessary.

Whatever we decide here -- if anything -- judging from the daily headlines (especially if you read Drudge), it seems more and more apparent that we can't run from Revelation (Daniel or Matthew, for that matter). The parallels with those prophetic utterings and the goings-on in today's "last days" world is what continues to hold my complete attention. Maybe simple faith will produce an answer that no degree of scholarly prowess could hope to define.

2 cents. Prosperity & Peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ORIPEIA

This is from a Gnostic bible, from Shambhala publishing

In gnostic literature those who come to knowledge are described in different ways. Occasionally they are specifically called gnostics; the Mandeans are also called by the word that means "gnostics" in Mandiac. More often they are named the unshakable race, or the seed or offspring of Seth, or the generation without a king, or the elect or chosen, or, in the Mother of Books, the ones who know.

the immovable race is the same as the unshakable race

I love the Nag Hamaddi, it can be pandora's box for the orthodox reader, but if they hang in there and have faith, they will see a truth so profound there will be no way to explain away what they know; hence, unshakable.

I just love gnosticism because it really goes hand in hand with the eastern teachings like the Tao and the Vedas; you can be a hindu, and not find anything contradictory about the gnostic story of creation and vice versa

In my opinion, the gnostics got it right, even though versions of gnosticism vary slightly, their route to truth is sure.(Granted you do not neglect the geometrical allegory that goes along with it all)

[edit on 4/24/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Now thats a good question, would we have the turmoil on earth if we didn't have the book of revelations? It was picked over another book as the final book of the bible.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

Thank you for replying. I was about to jump on this one but you got there for me.

What people, 'Christians' (yes, I still attend church even though my beliefs are completely changed, I do it for my family both blood and community), seem to think is that the Bible has never been touched by MAN. Man, who has little struggles of morality going on inside all of the time. Man who has a problem with power. When they get some they want more. Kind of like the leaders of the large churches. Anyone say Vatican City?

Man has edited many parts of this message we call the Bible and unfortunately there just seems to be too many contradictions now. Yet another claim that I have heard over and over from fellow Christians is that it is the only religious text that has no contradictions. Umm, Okay.

ANyway, I think any reference to THE GOD or The Lord God are the only ones that are meant to be towards the ONE God. The book even states that there are other gods. The one that appeared to Ezekiel would have easily have been a 'god' to him if he showed up in a ship of some sort. However, probably not 'GOD'.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What is nice is I can write now and it will not be believed but down the line in history it will be known.

As I have written a few times more then I would like to count, I am a Alien Soul within the human body that was sent here to help when the time comes, and the time will be coming.

God (s) from Heaven is a name the human race gave to the lights and beings. Heaven from long ago meant skies.

In the Universe they are known as the Creators or the Elders either is acceptable as I see it.

The Elders sent the Soul that is within this human body of mine here to help when the time comes. There are others here like myself some may sense and some are waking and starting to sense things different about themselves.

With what we know as abductions where humans are taken and sperm and ova is taken is nothing new, this has happened with all species since the beginning. The human race is a mixture just as all the other species in the Universe and the Universe is massive and growing. What the human needs for life other species do not.

The Churches and the Governments don't want you to know about yourselves because you might hold them accountable for the greed they have bestowed upon you.

The Creators are "extremely tall" Grey's, plain and simple.

You ask why does God need a space ship and the answer is simple, God isn't what you were taught the Creators/Elders need the ships to get around just as you need your transportation.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

There go those spaceships again. Been delving into Gnostic text for about a year now and I find them illuminating to say the least. Anyone have any backround info on the term "immovable race"?

It is possible they were speaking of the Giants in those day, not only were they very big ( minimum 14ft. ) but they were said to be shape shifters.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

So that means we look like God, could that also mean that God has a flesh and bones body also, but a perfected one?

Moses had a hindquarter view of what he called God when he went up on the mt. to retrieve the ten commandments. God told Moses that he wouldn't understand what he was seeing. We get no info from Moses on what he saw. Was that too stricken from the bible by man? Possible!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am now opening the possibility that the bible is just one of many and possibly the oldest conspiracy and not for what it says but what it doesn't say. I believe it has been used as a control device thru the ages.
In my research thru the years I came across something that could have completely changed our world. As I stated in one of other replies there was a book that had a chance to be the last book in the bible but man chose revelations. The other book tells the final destination of man...all mankind!! And here is a hint, it's not just all dogs that go to heaven.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Are you not simply transfering what todays science and technology say is possible (ie space travel, ships, superior alien life) with ancient texts and so updating this to fit into the context of our times. And if you are, no amount of conjecture for or against what you believe or percieve from this Crossing over really matters. As it is still simply a matter of belief in the manner and behavior of God. Personal, subjective and open to endless arguement (not to mention replies and points). In saying that, interesting post.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Are you not simply transfering what todays science and technology say is possible (ie space travel, ships, superior alien life)

Most of my research has been with the bible itself and the lost books such as the dead sea scrolls. Also some has been comparing our version with the greek and hebrew version. I will admit that the technology we have today allows you to see and understand some things more clearly.
Revelations states that near the end of this age Knowledge will explode and it has done that also the bible states that all things are possible.
It is with great hope for all mankind that God is what he says he is or what man has been led to believe anyway.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I´ve always wanted to sit down one day, and using the Bible as a reference, write a sci fi book, changing names, using events etc. Never know could be a best seller

Anyway this person, has a good take on the different "technology" used in the Bible
HIGH-TECHNOLOGY IN THE BIBLE

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I´ve always wanted to sit down one day, and using the Bible as a reference, write a sci fi book, changing names, using events etc. Never know could be a best seller

Just using revelations you could write for years and maybe turn them to movies.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Another thing, I have always found interesting, are the parallel creation stories that can be found in different cultures.
Makes you wonder(or at lest it makes me wonder), if "God" created many different cultures and in a genetic memory type of knowledge imparted each one with the same story.
parallel creation stories

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That is another mystery that I can't seem to unravel to my satisfaction but I think the tower of Babel may also be involved with this.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Can´t see how the Tower of Babel would be involved.
You are making reference to the confusion that God created so man would not be able to speak to each other. This was long after the creation.
I am refering to cultures that were not even in the same region, that are just as old or older than the ones made reference to in the Bible, and they have similar creation stories.
All creation stories involve either darkness and then light, void and then earth, or from the depths of water etc. Most creation stories have couples that were created . Etc

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join