It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hmm... I'm not sure about the rest of you but, i seem to be at a loss as to what the OP is going on about?

The bible is all based on interpretations, it is neither completly false nor completly true.

Where does it say God uses a space ship??

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ok Johnny here ya go...
The book of Enoch says that the Nephilim and their children "sinned against all flesh," creating HYBRID creatures which were part human, part beast, part fowl (or bird). Sound familiar? The 300 fallen "watchers," whose original job had been to PROTECT humanity and the Earth, were utterly depraved. They taught mankind the arts of witchcraft, sorcery, drug abuse, and war. The gene-pool of the human race was tainted as well, almost beyond recovery. When you read the story of Noah and his family, it should be understood that he was not only selected to survive because of the quality of his character; Genesis states that, unlike the majority of the rest of humanity, Noah was "found perfect in all his generations." In other words, he and his family were UNTAINTED by the fallen angelic bloodline, which God had cursed to eternal damnation (in the Hebrew Old Testament, the word "rapha" means "the damned," the "eternally dead," "demon," "ghost," and GIANT, i.e., the spirit of one of the offspring of the Nephilim.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I remember when a great man asked this very same question. Lucky for us there was a camera rolling and now we can all watch that great moment in history.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Tevis...it doesn't say spaceship, you're talking about 1st century man and I'm sure their dictionary didn't explain that. However if the bible is nothing but interpretations, then we are each of us right. But there are those that say the bible is literal.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

That was a bit silly putting tainted ones in charge of protection
or did they become tainted after they became involved with us
Was it the earth human's fault all along?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to arpost by alienib

Also your avatar
is that your interpretation of the biblical description?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No Johnny, they were victims. The fallen ones were giants and pretty much had their way.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My avatar represents my opinion that we are the aliens here on earth, brought here by aliens.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

So wat are they fallen ones or watchers?
Or were they criminals sentenced to servitude on a small blue green planet
where it was thought they couldnt do any damage

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
I been here (on earth ) a while myself. I'm not sure where I was before that

Hmmm..one of those questions best left unanswered huh?
I often wonder that about myself..heheh

J.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They were angels of Gods's choosing, and you thought he knew everything. What makes it worse is that his archangel Michael had to go tell him what happened.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's nearly midday in sunny, oops might speak too early, Lismore
and I have to go and pick my kids up and take em same where.
But I'll be back bye

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I love that youtube of Kirk
that was fun to watch

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So what do we all make of this verse from the gnostic Apocryphon of john 13:1 www.webcom.com...
"When Yaldabaoth realized that the humans had rejected him, he cursed his earth. He found the woman as she was preparing for her husband, who was lord over her. He did not know the mystery that had come into being through the sacred command. The two humans were afraid to denounce Yaldabaoth, but he displayed his own ignorance to his angels. He threw the humans out of Paradise, and cloaked them in thick darkness. The first ruler saw the young woman standing next to Adam, and noticed that the enlightened Afterthought of life had appeared in her. Yet Yaldabaoth was full of ignorance. So when the Forethought of all realized what was happening, she dispatched emissaries, and they stole Life out of Eve. The first ruler raped Eve, and produced her two sons, a first and a second: Elohim and Yahweh. Elohim has the face of a bear, and Yahweh has the face of a cat. One is just, the other is unjust. He placed Yahweh over the fire and the wind, and he placed Elohim over the water and the earth. He called them by the names Cain and Abel, for he meant to deceive"

Also it is due to note that Yaldabaoth is the child of Sophia which was born imperfectly.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the serpent had his way with Eve...I have always believed that Cain was his son.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

but what makes it strange for me, is the way its worded, one is just, one is unjust, he called them cain and abel, for he meant to deceive, I am inclined to believe it is in that order meaning, cain is just, and abel is unjust, but did not Cain kill Abel?

Unless, since yaldabaoth is imperfect, his creation is imprefect(our universe), so Cain killing abel, makes cain the just because he knew he was liberating abel from this imperfect creation? I dunno, its pretty obvious why they left this stuff out of the bible though, someone obviously had an agenda when deciding what's going to make it to the masses...

[edit on 4/23/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am afraid that there may be more to it than we know. Cain was projected as having an underhanded type attitude and outlook.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We all seem to inherently posess a higher and lower nature.

We usually want to be the one who does things "right" Yet sometimes our lower nature takes over and it is up to us to tame the dragon.

I admit, I didn't read the thread, but from the name of it "why does god need a spaceship"

I can only answer with "why does the pope need a popemobile?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Popemobile
I never gave that one much thought...til now that is

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I've studied Gnostic Christianity a bit, and it is indeed the other direction to Orthodox. As a Nazarene, it would seem that Jesus should be considered to have been Gnostic, which could be why the Pharisees would have looked so negatively upon Him, as they considered Gnosticism a heresy.

Where I can't seem to find a place to land is with regards to this evil universe wrought by the ethereal hands of the Demiurge. Genesis begins with the impression that all is restored to perfection as the "6-day" creation progresses to the advent of Adam. Would the new creation be literally perfect, in your opinion (Orthodox), or just a robust improvement (Gnostic)?

With all the apparently valid writings claiming to reveal exactly who this Elohim/YHWH is -- and certainly there are strong questions regarding the wars, destructions, and mind-changing of the OT God -- I tend to take into consideration the Nag Hammadi texts when delving deep into Christian study.

Or could it be that somehow a balancing mix of Orthodoxy and Gnosticism holds the answer we "this" or "that" team members demand? . . . surely there's an answer someplace to all of this Mystery!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join