It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
interpretation is the downfall of oneness. The bible is either correct or not. Actually it is not complete.

so if you interperate the bible, your right, but if anyone does so and comes up with a differant answer they are obviously unenlightened, clearly hipocracy in religous belief is alive and well.

i could go into deep and scholarly detail as to the use of symbolisim and the relivance of the descriptions to the early isrealites, but to be honest, i can't be bothered, and google can provide all that stuff anyway, or he could, if you were interested in the actual meanings to the bible and not just in the mood for joining some wonderfull new shiney star cult, google can probably provide information on one that is talored specifically to your requirements if you wish.

google is actually where i got my info on those pesky three card shuffle myians, google also tells me they can be linked in with bigfoot, ben franklin and the jfk assanation attempt. (i say attempt because i have reason to believe it was all a set up, and, JFK is in fact, right now, doing an intensive programming course, under the tutelage of elvis and jim morrison, with an eye towards the implamentation of a rebellion against the computer programme we call reality.

have you met my pet purple polka-dot pig Google by the way, he's a little shy, but once you get to know him you'll find he's an interesting fellow, full of useful info.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

For a while in my life I was as brainwashed as most christians but no more!

Whoa... Am I to assume that you know most Christians?

That's amazing!

And if that is not what you meant, then by all means DO write what you meant.

I am not being finicky for the pleasure of it.
You see, precise and clear verbal expression is a sign and a consequence of a precise and clear mental activity - and vice versa... There is no clear thought without clear expression.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
God is a Title - not a person.

Like Captain - General - President - etc.

If you believe in a type of creationism - - then there would be a Creator - - with Gods under his leadership.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Annee]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Now I have a question...What does God need with a spaceship to get around?
[edit on 23-4-2008 by alienib]

According to the Nag Hammadi Library, the beings that created us are "lesser gods", and in the Sumerian Tablets (earliest writings) we find that these 'gods' were called Annunaki (Those Who From Heaven to Earth Came). It is well documented in these *7,000 year old tablets that they used rocketry to travel within our solar system. *real age, not conjecture or accepted historic view.

Ezekiel called the visitor his god, so we can consider his perceptions... in his time anything supernatural or extra-terrestrial would have been the work of 'God' because it was something unfathomable and totally out of place in his world. Similarly, when tribes have had first contact with explorers flying in using aircraft, they have been perceived as 'Gods', so I see no reason why Ezekiel would not have thought the same.

Also, it is recorded that some Annunaki enjoyed the 'status' of Gods and really played up to it, in an egotistical way.. which may go some way to explaining why God in the Old Testament is an egotistical, vindictive *****.

Lastly, it is well know that the Hebrews had the first books of the Torah (and therefore our 'Bible') before leaving Sumer to live in Egypt. So when we read properly translated Sumerian Tablets and then compare that with Genesis we can see that there are still passages that are word for word from the Sumerian Tablets, while the rest is simply a heavily edited version of the same information.

I hope this goes some way to answering your questions.

Tayesin

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Tayesin]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
its quite simple:

The "GODS" came to earth many many years ago and altered our primitive DNA this could have been to develop us as a species or to use us as slaves.

# "Then God said, “Let Us make man in *OUR image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Gen. 1:26, NASB).

*implies more than one ( God )

but they didnt develop our minds to there level

“Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech,” (Gen. 11:7, NASB).

We were in fact cast into the garden of eden ( Earth ) naked ( minus the knoledge and mental ability of our creators)

As Humans we saw these beings as far superior to ourselves and called them gods.

They would have had spaceships to get about in ,Thus the reference to god needing a spaceship.

[edit on 23/4/08 by tombangelta]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My understanding is this:

God(s) is/are the word(s) chosen by man to be given to the beings that came from the heavens which means skies.

I know them as our Creator's the Elder's

There is more then one and they are the extremely tall Grey's which are the ones that sent the soul within me here to help when the time comes.

Yes they do travel in ships this Universe is massive and they mix and create new beings. Most beings can not survive up on this planet because there is to much oxygen in our air. So when Scientist say you need this and that for existance they are wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So we are all in agreement that there is a superior creator/designer and this being most likely needs a vehicle to jump from star to star or wherever. This I find I can agree with.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
its quite simple:

The "GODS" came to earth many many years ago and altered our primitive DNA this could have been to develop us as a species or to use us as slaves.

# "Then God said, “Let Us make man in *OUR image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Gen. 1:26, NASB).

“Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech,” (Gen. 11:7, NASB).

We were in fact cast into the garden of eden ( Earth ) naked ( minus the knoledge and mental ability of our creators)

As Humans we saw these beings as far superior to ourselves and called them gods.

They would have had spaceships to get about in ,Thus the reference to god needing a spaceship.

I agree with everything that you say, just to clarify one thing
regarding this quote "ex]# "Then God said, “Let Us make man in *OUR image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Gen. 1:26, NASB).

*implies more than one ( God ) "

Roman Catholics will tell you, that this is in reference to the Holy Trinity, ie Father Son and Holy Ghost, who are one in the same. Thus the "in our image" statement.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So we are all in agreement that there is a superior creator/designer and this being most likely needs a vehicle to jump from star to star or wherever. This I find I can agree with.

Yes, a designor with something that looks similar to us, acts much like we do and owns the DNA we are made from is jumping from star system to star system by astral etherreal travel. Traveling in there realm saves time since time does not exist in there.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This reminds me of one of the Original Star Trek movies when Cpt. Kirk asks "God" why he needs a spaceship.

Perhaps he borrowed it from someone like Cpt. Kirk? lol

I think God the creator is in all of us, I think we are all god collectively.

But I also believe there are many aliens that claim to be god while they are not and have visited us in the past.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Maybe God uses a spaceship to get around just because it can. Gotta say something else so this isn't so short. Maybe God likes to impress small minds with what are nothing more than parlor tricks to it.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah I borrowed it from Kirk but with good reason

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

interpretation is the downfall of oneness. The bible is either correct or not. Actually it is not complete.

In that case I'd go with 'not' myself. Just because Ezekiel thinks an alien is 'his god' does not mean he really understood the situation he was in. Nor does is it forgo the possibility that the 'gods' were simply manipulating him for their own hidden agendas.

J.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thats another good theory Jim...I wonder if I should start on the 300 watchers, the nephilim and the real reason for the flood?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by tombangelta
its quite simple:

I agree with everything that you say, just to clarify one thing
regarding this quote "ex]# "Then God said, “Let Us make man in *OUR image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Gen. 1:26, NASB).

*implies more than one ( God ) "

Roman Catholics will tell you, that this is in reference to the Holy Trinity, ie Father Son and Holy Ghost, who are one in the same. Thus the "in our image" statement.

Problem is with that theory is this: the 'Holy Trinity' was invented by early christians around AD 100-200 or so wasn't it? But the passage quoted above is from the OT isn't it? Making it around 500-1000 years older surely??

J.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yes and the preachers will tell you he is talking to his angels. As for me I can't disagree with them as it is an unknown factor.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thats another good theory Jim...I wonder if I should start on the 300 watchers, the nephilim and the real reason for the flood?

Nah, most of us here are probably old hands at all that stuff anyhow
Heck, I was reading Von Daniken at 11 years old... Let's just say that was a long, long time ago..

J.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I been here (on earth ) a while myself. I'm not sure where I was before that

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Please explain the watchers and etc
I really do enjoy reading this sort of stuff and I try and read all peoples opinions without expressing condemnation but sometimes we have been indoctrinated to well and find it hard to accept other peoples hard and fast thinking, not me yet I hope.
Carry on please

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hmm... I'm not sure about the rest of you but, i seem to be at a loss as to what the OP is going on about?

The bible is all based on interpretations, it is neither completly false nor completly true.

Where does it say God uses a space ship??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join