It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALIENS/PREDATOR - WHATS NEXT??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hi all..

just got my ultra nerd DVD box set of Aliens and predator movies and all the AVP's..so whats next in genre? what are they making? are we expecting stand alone movies or more of the Versus genres? I say bring the bishop androids back...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think a good movie would be Rocky vs. Terminator.
Yep. Have the crowd chanting Rocky, Rocky, as he beats the bio flesh off of terminators metal composite skeleton. Then when the terminators eyes are glowing all red and stuff, and he starts beating Rocky, have Rocky say "Is that all you have? You aint so bad, you aint so bad"
Then in a surprise twist, Rocky's brother in law comes runnin' into the ring and spills his booze on the terminator short circuiting him. Then Rocky staggers around the ring screaming "Yo Adrienne!
The ref says. "She died several movie sequals ago."
"Yo Mick!!"
"He died even more movie sequals ago."
"Yo, this sucks!"
"So did your last several movie sequals."
"Yo Butkis!"
And the now aging dog Butkis comes limping in the ring with mange, and hip dysplasia.
"Yo Butkis! I did it!"
Then Butkis would start licking the blood off rocky's face.
There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.
What a perfect movie.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I say a royal rumble with all the bad guys from various horror and sci fi movies.
Last villain standing wins.
Make it a cage match for good measure.
Now there is some high quality entertainment.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I 'm sick of vampire movies.
I'd like to see a really good modern day version of Frankentein, and I don't mean of the RoboCop or Terminator variety.
Something where the quack doctor splices organs and body parts together.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I keep hearing of an Ash vs Pinhead movie.

Two of my favorite horror characters going toe to toe.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The thing is that Alien Vs Predator was a comic book series for years prior to the release of the movies. Aside from Freddy Vs Jason (which is almost a given considering they were the premier horror serials of the 80s/90s), there aren't many matches that would survive scrutiny.

I should point out that Dark Horse Comics had put out a pretty good series called Robocop vs Terminator that I wouldn't mind seeing, but I doubt Peter Weller and Arnold Schwarzenegger would get back into acting for such a strange crossover movie.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
the robocop and terminator cross over was good fun i read the original comics and own one...but my question was in regard to the aliens/predator genres...any more movies due from these?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez

From what I hear Ash will not appear in any movies, especially versuses movies, unless Sam Raimi has control over the character. That said they could always just have Bruce Campbell kicking butt as himself

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
still this goes against what i posted when are we going to see more alien on predator action

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Heard they are planning a third one that will show the advancment humans make with the Predator technology left behind in AVP2.

But... Bruce vs. Spider Man. Well, Ash, still. Ash would destroy Spider Man with his witty one liners. "Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez

Where did you hear that?

Ash and Pinhead aren't really a good mix.

Ash did make an appearance in a limited comicbook series by Wildstorm called
"Freddy vs Jason vs Ash". The story was a little silly, and my favorite character (Jason) kinda got a bum rap, but all in all it was a fun read.

Pinhead and the rest of the Hellraiser family (Leviathan, Chatter Box and co.) continued on in the comic world with Epic comics. The entire Hellraiser series is available here on Wowio.com.

I've recently picked up a completely random "Superman and Batman vs Alien vs Predator" comic that fell far short of anything I'd expect a title like that to bring, but I mainly got it for the novelty purposes and not the pull of the story.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HHH Is King

so when are we expecting this to be released?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The thing is that Alien Vs Predator was a comic book series for years prior to the release of the movies. Aside from Freddy Vs Jason (which is almost a given considering they were the premier horror serials of the 80s/90s), there aren't many matches that would survive scrutiny.

I should point out that Dark Horse Comics had put out a pretty good series called Robocop vs Terminator that I wouldn't mind seeing, but I doubt Peter Weller and Arnold Schwarzenegger would get back into acting for such a strange crossover movie.

I'd like to see characters from different companies join up or fight each other... Like say, spider-man vs. batman or batman vs. spawn... Or a whole new series for Venom... How about Hulk vs Iron Man... As far as aliens and terminator, the alien movies don't correlate with the alien vs. predator movies... The time scale is all messed up... The first one stuck more to the story, but Bishop gets killed... What's up with that... Took place in present time, but he gets killed...? Wasn't he alive in the future during the alien films? That threw me off a bit... The second alien vs. predator was lame... Same predictable scenarios... I'd rather see a remake of Predator... Forget about the aliens... Aliens are ok I guess, at least with the predator you get all sorts of kick ass weapons... I think the interaction between humans and predator would be more interesting...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It all makes sense, if you know the details and such....

Let me break it down for you.

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

I'd like to see characters from different companies join up or fight each other... Like say, spider-man vs. batman or batman vs. spawn...

This happens all the time in comics, but when it comes to movies there's not much of a chance of film studios crossing the corporate border. It's still fun to think about though

How about Hulk vs Iron Man...

How about Hulk with Iron Man, with Thor, Ant Man and (maybe) The Wasp? Those are the Avengers, and somewhere down the line we're going to see their movie.

As far as aliens and terminator, the alien movies don't correlate with the alien vs. predator movies... The time scale is all messed up...The first one stuck more to the story, but Bishop gets killed... What's up with that... Took place in present time, but he gets killed...? Wasn't he alive in the future during the alien films? That threw me off a bit...

Bishop is a synthetic human in Aliens, and wasn't present at all in the first Alien movie. But, being that he was synthetic, they could put his model whenever they want in the future. The present time 'Bishop', as far as I can tell, isn't related in any way to the future Bishop, except that maybe they modeled the form of the sythetic after his great grand son. And since the Aliens are a species, and not a singular character, their species can survive for as long as they want, wherever they want. There's no contradiction there.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

In Aliens three we see bishop as a human......i think thats what he was talking about...so is that bishop just a relative of the bishop that gets killed or a clone?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

In Aliens three we see bishop as a human......i think thats what he was talking about...so is that bishop just a relative of the bishop that gets killed or a clone?

That's right! Didn't think of that. And I'm pretty sure the guy in part 3 claimed to be the creator of the Bishop model Synthetic. Meanwhile, I thought that it took place many, many years after Aliens took place.

I suspect he was a synth posing as the creator.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

nope...get got hit over the head and had read blood...though his ear was hanging off his face which could indicate a highly evolved synthetic or clone (though that would go against Aliens 4 with wynona ryders synthetic character having white blood)

Can any one confirm???

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My mistake, according to this
en.wikipedia.org...

Aliens and Alien 3 take place in the same year, so I guess it might make sense that the real Bishop is there.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The real Bishop die's AvP, Which is a prequal to all Aliens movies.
In aliens 3 he does claim to be the real Bishop.

Just to make sense it would have to be a relative, or the AvP people screwed up big time...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There's no way that they would have made a mistake that big. It must be family, or there's a string of clones that made it's way from 2007 US military all the way to 2179.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join