It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DisInformation Agent Label

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex What a coincidence. Small minds think alike.

Ooohh...somebody is wearing their cranky-pants today.
Perhaps the benefit of a well reasoned argument being superior to arbitrary labling would be better communicated with a well reasoned argument than by arbitrarily labling somebody's post...Ah...never mind.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I think the admins "HOAX" or similar is the best way
seems to work while still not shutting the thread down
if you have a problem with a thread that has clearly been debunked
just ask and admin if they havnt already to put the tags on the title

just my view

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

If I could star that five times, I would...

This new system to institute "fairness" is just a system to "hurt" people who don't agree with you. The funny thing is that you would think people care that you're "de-starring" them (or whatever it is that you think the new system should include).

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
And what do you know, MajKarma is a friend of NewWorldOver, who (in this thread), was begging and demanding the moderators to ban anyone who disagreed with him.

What a coincidence. Small minds think alike.

I have no control of or interest in this friend and foe silliness and have not chosen or engaged any of you. As for your small mind comment; I am an Engineer with a Stanford MBA and am an ex marine corp officer. I have socks older than most here. So, spare me the rhetoric from the Green Lattern and have whatever system you like.

As for the star/rating system, this too is a done subject.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

Unfortunately this would be abused terribly. I believe skeptics would be targeted . I am a skeptic in that I ask for evidence to back up onces statements and when I ask for said evidence, more often then not, I'm accused of being a disinfo agent. It seems to be a fall back argument for people who believe just to believe without the need for evidence. Their position is that if you don't agree with me, you must be working for the government to hinder my "investigation" into the "real" truth.

Believe me, I've thought more then once about asking for a TROLL button but in the long wrong I think it would do more harm then good.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Same ideas have been discussed in other boards...

Bottom line is...

Censorship on those grounds is the antithesis of what this place represents...

Also this would inspire the formation of alliances, etc...

On a board predicated on the freedom to oppose the mainstream, dont demand to make it uncomfortanle for people to go against the grain...

The disinfo people have just as much a right to rant and push their beliefs / deductions as i do or you do....

Thats what it is all about...

Plus a lot are on ats because they CAN sift thru the crap and see the truth...

How do i know what is the truth if i dont know why the false is false...
Disinfo keeps me sharp and doesnt allow us to lose focus

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

As I've posted elsewhere on this subject , I had dinner last night with the gentleman I followed to this forum, who has since withdrawn from participation. He had a great laugh at how serious I was taking all of this. After almost making himself sick from laughing so hard he went on to explain that if this forum was of any real concern to the powers, they would not waste money having disinformation agents working the threads, they would shut the site down before sunset; that even an 8 year old with a computer and internet access could participate.

Point is fact, I have never had much of a sense of humor and people have gotten hurt mistakenly thinking I understood "Tongue N Cheek" humor. I had been told before about this forum but I didn't get it; now I do. Moreover, there are much better ways to spend my time than bantering prattle with wantabe Super Heros and whatever. Instead, I have a sudden interest in metal detectors and gold mining; one thing for sure, this is not productive.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Ooohh...somebody is wearing their cranky-pants today...

You're right, I did get really riled up. Wow...I think I actually blacked out for a few minutes there.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajKarma
I have no control of or interest in this friend and foe silliness and have not chosen or engaged any of you. As for your small mind comment; I am an Engineer with a Stanford MBA and am an ex marine corp officer. I have socks older than most here. So, spare me the rhetoric from the Green Lattern and have whatever system you like.

I don't care if who you are, or what you're supposed background is. For all we know, you could be telling the truth, or you could be lying; therefore, you're about as real as the Green Lantern.

But it does strike me as odd that someone with your supposed background and education would propose or endorse a system like the one you did. Color me skeptical...

And yes, we will continue to use the same system we've been using. It seems to be working out just fine. If you don't like it, you know where the door is.

As for the star/rating system, this too is a done subject.

So you say, now that you've been beaten into the ground over it.

And by the way, we're still waiting for you to name and prove there are disinfo agents here.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

...he went on to explain that if this forum was of any real concern to the powers, they would not waste money having disinformation agents working the threads...

Wow! You are the first person making "disinfo agent" claims to actually get it!

I had been told before about this forum but I didn't get it; now I do. Moreover, there are much better ways to spend my time than bantering prattle with wantabe Super Heros and whatever...

Oh, that's too bad! But we have some lovely parting gifts for you. Tell him what he's won!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

But we have some lovely parting gifts for you. Tell him what he's won!

That's right folks!!!!!!....MajKarma has won a lovely buh-bye raspberry...thtpththtptptpththtphth!!!!!!!

With his parting gift....MajKarma is now eligible to be shown the door.........*ooh aahhhh*........

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have come to recognize that the internet has provides a means to be heard by those not heard elsewhere. Be assured SaviorComplex
that you have been heard plenty but just like I suspect it is often for you in the real world, I am clicking you onto Ignore here as well. This will be the least painful rejection you may ever exprience, savor it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I have come to recognize that the internet has provides a means to be heard by those not heard elsewhere. Be assured SaviorComplex
that you have been heard plenty but just like I suspect it is often for you in the real world, I am clicking you onto Ignore here as well. This will be the least painful rejection you may ever exprience, savor it.

Ouch, you got me. (Not that you can see this, but anywho...). Just like the other small-minded on here, who cannot stand opinions contrary to your own, you ignore anyone who doesn't agree.

I have a feeling you're going to have a lonely existence here.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now Now people,

majkarma...the idea of giving users a means of giving negative feed back would lead to situations like this,if a thread starter doesnt like the negative feed back he/she gets...they will start to use insults to make a point

and then flaming

and then "banhammer" will appear.

BUT... i do however understand what you are asking for and it is a good idea, it just would not work.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex I am an Engineer with a Stanford MBA and am an ex marine corp officer. I have socks older than most here. So, spare me the rhetoric from the Green Lattern and have whatever system you like.

So...in the search for the eternal disinfo agent...or Agent Provocateur...who would you be most likely to tag? The self-professed ex-marine officer with the mature sox, or the comic book entity...perhas the very dweeb that the Major has a hate-on for?

Me, I'm thinking the guy with the history of taking orders from the government. But wait? that could be a clever ruse!!!

Ever hear of a pecking party, lads? Relax...if you think it's hooey, say so. If things get silly the mods step in. It's all good.

Move along now...nothing to see here...keep moving folks...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antuk

all of that already occurs regular on here.

whats new?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I can just see it now...every post that isn't an idiotic, knee-jerk reaction in agreement to the original post, any post that demonstrates a modicum of critical thinking or skepticism, would be labelled as "disinformation."

Why are you debunking anything, really, anything you CAN debunk?

That leads me to question your purpose of joining ATS.

If anyone is a DisInformation agent, it is SaviorComplex.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
That leads me to question your purpose of joining ATS.

One does not have to believe every claim that is voiced here.

Really now? I must be really getting in your craw.

Prove it, child. Show one single shred of evidence that I am a disinformation agent, outside of the sin of being a skeptic.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Prove it, child.

Hmmm, on one hand we have the claim that a member is a disinfo agent, and on the other we have the claim that a member is under the age of 18; neither claim offers any "proof", and both are off topic.

Is a little courtesy too much to ask for...

If I recall correctly, the thread topic relates to the possibility of implementing a "negative stars" system for the board. Even though I don't believe a system with visibly-negative connotations would work, I'm confident that the topic can be discussed without making rude/unsubstantiated claims about other members involved in the thread.

[edit on 4/28/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Hmmm, on one hand we have the claim that a member is a disinfo agent, and on the other we have the claim that a member is under the age of 18; neither claim offers any "proof", and both are off topic.

I do not care if Truth was just pulled from his mother, or if he is antediluvian. I do not call him "child" because of his age, but rather his attitude and behavior.

Actually, his claims are on topic. MajKarma and his ilk have made the accusation that there are disinformation agents (ie; people that do not agree with them) operating here. And Truth is the first to cowboy up and actually call someone out. Now it is up to him to prove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join